Pearson to be sacked in the next 5 games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think this has to be bollocks.

I actually think Redknapp is a good manager. But to sack the manager when your 2nd in the league and won 4 on the bounce would be ****ing ludicrous.

Any manager, no matter what their experience, achivements and reputation, has some element of risk attached. Why take it when we're looking good?

The Birch said on the Boot Room that this squad of players is the best prepared he has ever seen at LCFC. That's testament to Nigel and his backroom staff.

To undo it all would be unfathomable.

I'm not now looking forward to Saturday as all this unrest will cause us to lose and then rumour could well become reality.

How many trophies has David Moyes won at Everton? Yet he's probably the best manager in the EPL.

Total myth. Everyone talks about how well he does year after year with next to nothing to spend. Look at the players he has though. Hardly cheap and cheerful are they.

Moyes will either be proven to be really good or else found out completely the day he takes over from the ACTUAL best Manager in the EPL.

I still think this has to be bollocks.

I actually think Redknapp is a good manager. But to sack the manager when your 2nd in the league and won 4 on the bounce would be ****ing ludicrous.

Any manager, no matter what their experience, achivements and reputation, has some element of risk attached. Why take it when we're looking good?

agreed

NP knows the score. He's got to get us promoted this season or he's out. If we look unlikely to get promoted, he'll go, whenever that judgement is made.

That said, I suspect he may well be 'changed' at the end of the season even if we go up.

My main reason for not wanting Redknapp though, is continuity. Pearson seems to finally have got the squad he wants, and has them playing well. A change of manager would be a disruption and could lead to another wasted season with the new manager trying to instil his own ideas.

:038:

No, it didn't. It was City at 4.30pm, 5.00pm, and 5.30pm which are our main afternoon sports bulletins.

Well it certainly led with Hamilton at 8pm tonight - which is when the owners were alleged to be in talks with Redknapp.

Last edited:
Leicester allowed Pearson to talk to Hull, they didn't sack him. They didn't deprive him of his livelihood, or any of the things that Profondo stated with regards to players. I'm just pointing out the flaws in his argument. I'm not saying Pearson should be sacked here. I knew everyone would get the torches out and overreact.

Gerry Taggart who was on the staff at the time spoke about this at the Leicester Legends evening. He had asked Nigel whether or not to take the Oldham job and Nigel said to take it because he was being forced out himself.
It is difficult to imagine Nigel joining Hull and leaving the good side he had created if he thought he had a future at Leicester.

I can well believe that feelers were put out a few weeks back when things weren't looking so good. At half time against Burnley I thought he was a goner and I'd be surprised if the owners weren't at least considering their options. This 'story' is probably a bit of a hangover from then.

Whether they would have gone as far as speaking to Redknapp in person I've no idea. Pearson's agent seems to think that contact was made which Pearson, naturally, was unhappy about. There is also probably a bit of Redknapp keeping his profile up in all this. Just today he has been speaking about the New York job and has ruled himself out of the Bournemouth job, even though their chairman had already done it for him. He knows how to ensure the top flight clubs know that he still exists. I don't think he'd come here even if he was offered the opportunity to do so, anyway.

Last edited:
Bloody hell. I actually feel bad that I started this thread now. Against Burton I thought we were on a very slippery downward slope. Since then, we have turned it around. We now look like a dynamic, young, talented side, that could be too good for most in this division. I really am excited about the future.
I think Redknapp is an excellent manager and I would never dream of him coming to Leicester. To remove Pearson at this point would be utter madness and would rip the spine out of the club. The current crop of players who are in great form would have their morale destroyed and we would probably end up floundering in mid table. I for one hope that some kind of statement is released soon to put an end to this.
What we need now is a comprehensive victory over Bristol City at the weekend and a statement from the Thai's stating that they are delighted with our progress. We can then go into the international break, sitting pretty in the top two with a host of winnable games in front of us.

Last edited:
This thread is absolutley nonsensecal, there is no evidence for either scenario its pure rumour and counter rumour, there are city supporters some of whom are this forum who simply don't like Pearson their reasons for this are known only to themselves. None of them know the man they simply base their dislike on what others say and pretend that that such statements are fact. They then pour their vitriol into every avenue possible, their philosophy is simple if you throw enough shite some will stick. Harry Redknapp the sidekick of Milan Mandaric remember has reasonable track record as a manager, however as someone said earlier only when he's had squillions to spend. Pearson picked up a relegated team and got them promoted, his thanks for this was the sack by M&M, the new owners believed him when he told them that Sousa was a better manager. That lie soon became apparent and they appointed Sven another catastrophe. They then did what was sensible they went back to the the last succesful manager Pearson. He has rebuilt the side, got rid of overpaid and under performing and in one case unfit footballers. He now has a young vibrant team and squad he's not only had to look to this season and the push for promotion but the next also. If we don't get promoted financial constraints will be in place for all clubs with serious consequences if these rules are breached so highly paid squad members are not in the long term interests of the club. Pearsons policies will ensure we have a strong basis on which to move forward and hopefully upwards in the foreseeable future.

Well it certainly led with Hamilton at 8pm tonight - which is when the owners were alleged to be in talks with Redknapp.

I'd be surprised if there was any mention of any sport in the bulletin at 8pm as we generally don't put any in as it's quite short.

As for substance - we led with City/Pearson/Redknapp in our main afternoon sports bulletins due to what Pearson's agent said to Talksport earlier today.

Last edited:
All this is making a lot of us on here extremely pissed off and even angry. It must be even worse for NP.

So you think people should just blindly support their board and continue putting their money in no matter what? You think Blackburn fans shouldn't protest the shambolic way their club is being run because it's not up to them to make these decisions?

No, of course not. Every supporter has the right to withdraw their support or challenge the status quo. I've done that enough on here and at the ground myself over the years.

My point was that if the owners can get (and afford) HR and believe he's a better option for the future, they'll do it. And most independent minded people would say that it would be a sound judgement. And none of us know that it's the wrong judgement. If they replaced him with Paulo Sousa, I'd be one of the first down the ground to protest. But it's not like that.

This love-in for NP makes me laugh. How many times have managers shafted us for perceived better options elsewhere? Do you really think that if a middle of the road Prem team wanted NP, he wouldn't be there in a heartbeat? Of course he would, he ditched Hull quickly enough. He is also perfectly capable of losing a few games in a row because he can be pig ignorant and tactically stupid. Then many people would want him out anyway, myself probably included.

Football is cut throat and money and glory driven. I don't care where we are in the league, if an option is available to improve, and you have the means to make that decision and the conviction that it's the right decision, why not improve?

My personal view is that we shouldn't be looking to replace NP right now, even for HR. But what if the owners think we're overachieving at the moment and if we don't get HR now, someone else will get him? That's logical enough and a perfectly understandable and reasoned judgement. I wouldn't argue with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566