Pearson to Hull

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because Pearson says he was surprised we gave permission, does not mean he did not want to go and doesn't mean he didn't ask to talk to them in the first place. They sounded like carefully chosen words to me.

Evening all.Been thinking.Maybe it's all about something we haven't even thought of.
Consider this...
...Milan is up court for tax dodginess in April so maybe all of this chaos is about him fiddling the books at the club in order to clear as much cash out as possible & then leg it out of the country before the court date?
If we're a laughing stock now,what will we be if THAT happens.

Just because Pearson says he was surprised we gave permission, does not mean he did not want to go and doesn't mean he didn't ask to talk to them in the first place. They sounded like carefully chosen words to me.

At the end of the day, it appears they haven't been on the best terms for a while and then recently, there's been an argument about something. Pearson's agent probably encouraged the approach, Hull come out of nowhere and the situation is comfortable for both parties.

Nothing comfortable about losing your manager a week before pre-season.Especially when i'ts just to appease your lunatic,bent chairman's massive ego & megalomania :-(

Not comfortable for us the fans....but comfortable for Mandaric and Pearson. I am on the side of Pearson and feel his record in on-the-pitch performances and transfer dealings were enough to command better respect (and maybe some more wise financial decisions) off Mandaric.

Pearson lands on his feet at a club in much the same situation as us and clearly fancies the chance as equally as ours. He won't even notice the difference.

The one thing we have going for us is the current squad has the best potential in it for a few years. There's the example of Swansea last year where one manager went on to improve it after a successful campaign.

I'm just bitter.I thought all this cocking about was finally behind us.But am now of the opinion that while the arch loony is at the head of the table this club has no hope.if it achieves anything notable it will be despite him.

I'm just bitter.I thought all this cocking about was finally behind us.But am now of the opinion that while the arch loony is at the head of the table this club has no hope.if it achieves anything notable it will be despite him.

Well, there's that, but there's also the fact that he's kept us afloat for three years now. Don't see anyone else holding their hand up with millions in the bank.

Better with Mandaric than without. For now.

Yes. The Chief Executive bans the manager and chairman from writing in the programme. This is followed by arguably the worst year and a half of management in the clubs history. Followed by relegation, The promotion year is also the year of administration. Followed by Leicester being front page over la mangas and relegation. Relegation battles in the Championship. This is followed by the Year of Four Managers and relegation into the third tier for the first time in our history.

Then all is well. Manager and owner and chief executive get on. Nigel Pearson brings two years of wise buys, good loans and no scandals.
Everything an owner could want.

Why then is the old instability back?

Just for Christmas? Pah.

I'm here till I'm banned by a mod with no sense of humour.

However, in over forty years I have never looked forward to a new season with such a lack of excitement.

Oh I dunno. A new Manager is always something to savour. For the first few games anyway.

Are you planning to write something funny then?

Bit of a leap of logic but yeah I thought the law of large numbers would be on my side if I posted enough.

If that's ok by you of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570