People That Piss You Off

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's about enjoyment and involvement and the development of a love of playing football you idiot. Of course it's all kick and rush

No one expects a bunch of feckin' six year olds to be playing Total Football FFS

Your attitude is repellant

Which can be done in friendlies. I disagree with them playing League football.

Why is it? Have you seen the standard of football at these age groups in competitions. It normally involves four kids crowded round a ball, then one kicks it ten yards and then the keeper picks it up, he kicks it ten yards etc. etc.

When they become 9,10,11,12. Far too much emphasis is based on the result. A kid will dive if it means getting a penalty and getting a 1-0 win. A kid will try and handball to get a 1-0 win. I agree with friendlies and a county cup with training.

IMO Junior Football should start to be organised at 13 yrs old and then seperated at 13-14, 15-16, 17-18. Then there is levels for the appropriate level of standard.

Yes I have seen it at this age group thank you very much. i started playing organised football at 7 and it was fantastic in helping me understand the game.
I played in 23 different Cup Finals between 7 and 13 but the emphasis was never on 'win at all costs' it was have some fun.
I think getting kids into organised football with something to play for at this age is good. Instead of waiting till they are 13 when they are already thinking about other stuff e.g girls etc.

Last edited:
Worst post in the whole history of Talking Balls :102:

Which shows you're short-sightness.

My idea combines the current working formulas of rugby and dutch football which both have incredible success rate on making children good in their sports.

Junior Rugby has no League, only friendlies and county cups. Dutch Football is seperated by levels of standard, if a children is poor at football he will not develop by playing children who are better, he can only develop playing children the same level.

It's no suprise that the poster who have gone against my idea are those that whilst having children, they have yet to encount Junior Football with their children. So they have yet to come across with it first-hand and realise some the probelms with junior football.

If we continue this the current system, our academy sides will continue to be full of foreigners.

My idea combines the current working formulas of rugby and dutch football which both have incredible success rate on making children good in their sports.

Junior Rugby has no League, only friendlies and county cups. Dutch Football is seperated by levels of standard, if a children is poor at football he will not develop by playing children who are better, he can only develop playing children the same level.

It's no suprise that the poster who have gone against my idea are those that whilst having children, they have yet to encount Junior Football with their children. So they have yet to come across with it first-hand and realise some the probelms with junior football.

If we continue this the current system, our academy sides will continue to be full of foreigners.

Yeah I have lots of children. :icon_roll

Actually that might be the new worst.......

Yes I have seen it at this age group thank you very much. i started playing organised football at 7 and it was fantastic in helping me understand the game.
I played in 23 different Cup Finals between 7 and 13 but the emphasis was never on 'win at all costs' it was have some fun.
I think getting kids into organised football with something to play for at this age is good. Instead of waiting till they are 13 when they are already thinking about other stuff e.g girls etc.

And did the system further you're career playing football in the future? No, it's ended in Sunday morning football. You have may have been lucky in that you had a couple of great coaches (few and fair between at county level).

You can dismiss my posts on this topic, all you like but apart from PDS, no-one has made an argument directly about this subject.

From age groups of 6-12, Football should be kept to friendlies, county competitions and coaching.

Last edited:
And did the system further you're career playing football in the future? No, it's ended in Sunday morning football. You have may have been lucky in that you had a couple of great coaches (few and fair between at county level).

Whereas if he hadn't started until he was thirteen he would now be playing for Chelsea in the Champions League

Flawless logic :icon_roll

No, but I don't see how waiting till I was 13 would have had any benefit either.
By this time it may be too late for a lot of children as other interests take up their time.

:018:

Not crap, Just not the best :icon_lol:

:icon_wink

I never played organised football before I was 13, I wonder if I'm an undiscovered footballing genius.
I think I'll have a lie down & give it some thought.

Whereas if he hadn't started until he was thirteen he would now be playing for Chelsea in the Champions League

Flawless logic :icon_roll

No, but he'd of quite possibly been a better player in terms of skill and continued football at a more higher level.

People fail to see my point, children would still start to play at 6 but it would be 13 before they were allowed to play competitive football. They would still be an enjoyment factor and the development of the player would keep going. With competitive competition, a player can lose confidence and be bogged down. At 6, a child learns more on a training pitch with a coach, than the aimless kicking involved when younger.

No, but I don't see how waiting till I was 13 would have had any benefit either.
By this time it may be too late for a lot of children as other interests take up their time.

But you wouldnt have waited until 13, you'd of been playing at 6 but not at a competitive level. With 7 years of developing you're skills, you'd be better player at the time of playing competitive football.

You mention other interests but there's more players playing at 13 than there is at 7 or 8.

I probably used the wrong words in ''organised football'' which many would have misrepresented as any kind of football under supervision. When I meant ''organised football'', I meant league or competitive football.

Last edited:
I am in agreement with hazz in the fact that competitive football is better started at ages around 13. firstly because this is what happened to myself i started competeive football at 14 and i believe i am better off for it. i did start however at 6/7 training with a team but hated it because even at that age some parents took it way to seriously screaming at kids for making mistakes. also at this age i was rubbish and playing competitvly didnt make me any better. i quit and played non competeivly up untill i got
good enough to play for a team which i now do.

i believe playing non competitive football helped me develop alot more than i would have carrying on competitive football.

Why is it? Have you seen the standard of football at these age groups in competitions. It normally involves four kids crowded round a ball, then one kicks it ten yards and then the keeper picks it up, he kicks it ten yards etc. etc.

When they become 9,10,11,12. Far too much emphasis is based on the result. A kid will dive if it means getting a penalty and getting a 1-0 win. A kid will try and handball to get a 1-0 win. I agree with friendlies and a county cup with training.

IMO Junior Football should start to be organised at 13 yrs old and then seperated at 13-14, 15-16, 17-18. Then there is levels for the appropriate level of standard.

Cracking post Hazz. Doesn't excuse the rest. :018: :018: ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  513
2Liverpool512
3Aston Villa512
4Arsenal511
5Chelsea510
6Newcastle510
7Brighton59
8Nottm F59
9Fulham58