People That Piss You Off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roy Chubby Brown

After watching the programme last night, it conformed to my opinion of him.

It may have conformed to your opinion, but that doesn't mean your opinion is correct.

He's a fat, funny, bigoted bastard but he's not a bad person.

It may have conformed to your opinion, but that doesn't mean your opinion is correct.

He's a fat, funny, bigoted bastard but he's not a bad person.

Funny?!? Some of the jokes were incredibly racist, all based on stereotypes as he lives in his little, detected world of money.

Watching the programme (which I think provided a honest and balanced account of him), I orignally thought he wasnt a bad person - had a good family life and realised his character was just a character. Also, thought most of his crowd were pricks. Young lads who are tanked up on 10 pints of lager heckling him during a set.

But then his rant about asylum seeker in the gym was sickening and then when asked about his experience with asylum seekers, he's said none. Then asked where he got the information, he said the 'papers', pointing to the Daily Mail. He then said 'they dress like letter boxs', 'they should dress like us, think like us and live like us'.

Funny?!? Some of the jokes were incredibly racist, all based on stereotypes as he lives in his little, detected world of money.

Watching the programme (which I think provided a honest and balanced account of him), I orignally thought he wasnt a bad person - had a good family life and realised his character was just a character. Also, thought most of his crowd were pricks. Young lads who are tanked up on 10 pints of lager heckling him during a set.

But then his rant about asylum seeker in the gym was sickening and then when asked about his experience with asylum seekers, he's said none. Then asked where he got the information, he said the 'papers', pointing to the Daily Mail. He then said 'they dress like letter boxs', 'they should dress like us, think like us and live like us'.

But I don't want to meet up and be friends with him. I couldn't give a **** what he is like with his friends or family. Why should I? It's none of my business.

On stage, he is a funny bastard & I couldn't care less what he makes fun out of because I think everybody & everything deserves ridicule.

I think everybody & everything deserves ridicule.

including black women's downstairs area smelling like coconuts....or muslim dresswear....or that corner shops are bomb building factories.

I can understand the appeal of him, a non-PC comedian whose full frontal but when he goes on his rants about race...:098:

including black women's downstairs area smelling like coconuts....or muslim dresswear....or that corner shops are bomb building factories.

I can understand the appeal of him, a non-PC comedian whose full frontal but when he goes on his rants about race...:098:

But if he went on rants about women being inferior that fine by you?

including black women's downstairs area smelling like coconuts

If you keep coconuts in your cellar, it's going to smell of coconuts

I'm not personally offended by somebody making jokes out of ridiculous stereotypes, I've also sat watching videos of him before now with black & Asian lads that also found him hysterical so why should a white, middle class kid find him so offensive?

But if he went on rants about women being inferior that fine by you?

Tbf, the programme didnt feature much of that.

When he makes comments about 'blue' stuff, it's normally in the set-up of a joke and when Brown was out of character, he generally respected women. They were women in the crowd what enjoyed his banter.

When he makes comments about 'race', it's in the form of a rant what people cheer at, not laugh at and when Brown was out of character, he kept the same view (thats when he made the shambolic comments about asylum seekers).

Alf Garnett made comments about race, about did it in a mocking way in the set-up of an outdated character, it was nothing more than a character. Seemed much more in the case of Chubby Brown/Royston Vasey

I'm not personally offended by somebody making jokes out of ridiculous stereotypes, I've also sat watching videos of him before now with black & Asian lads that also found him hysterical so why should a white, middle class kid find him so offensive?

But as the programme shown he as Royston Vasey actually believed the stereotypes. When asked where his knowledge came from about these stereotypes he said 'the papers'. Black and Asian lads laughed at him as the outdated character, not the bloke who is nothing but a glorified BNP leader. I am not middle class by the way. I find him offensive because he's does nothing more than preach to a majority of morons who believes some of the disgusting stuff he says. He breeds hate.

But as the programme shown he as Royston Vasey actually believed the stereotypes. When asked where his knowledge came from about these stereotypes he said 'the papers'. Black and Asian lads laughed at him as the outdated character, not the bloke who is nothing but a glorified BNP leader. I am not middle class by the way. I find him offensive because he's does nothing more than preach to a majority of morons who believes some of the disgusting stuff he says. He breeds hate.

Macky breeds hate but we all love him :icon_bigg

On the odd occasion when I try to watch commedians like Roy Chubby Brown, its the lack of any real humour that offends me. I just don't find it very clever or funny.

....perhaps it's me who lacks a sense of humour. :icon_conf

On the odd occasion when I try to watch commedians like Roy Chubby Brown, its the lack of any real humour that offends me. I just don't find it very clever or funny.

Like said i don't find him funny either

Like said i don't find him funny either

I have a lot of respect for that opinion, as opposed to trying to over-intellectualise & dissect his humour just because you are after watching a hatchet job of a documentary on him.

If you don't find him funny, just don't watch him, don't let it concern you, there are far more important things to get your underwear in a spin about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  513
2Liverpool512
3Aston Villa512
4Arsenal511
5Chelsea510
6Newcastle510
7Brighton59
8Nottm F59
9Fulham58