People That Piss You Off

Status
Not open for further replies.
If people wish to discuss their private life in public it's entirely up to them.

If people make serious allegations about the behaviour of another identifiable person, that is a matter for them - but they should do it on their own piece of paper.

Any prudent forum would be wary of allowing such allegations to be published and would be likely to delete them, particularly after being made aware of their existence.

If people make serious allegations about the behaviour of another identifiable person, that is a matter for them - but they should do it on their own piece of paper.

Any prudent forum would be wary of allowing such allegations to be published and would be likely to delete them, particularly after being made aware of their existence.
Accountability is always the answer, not moderation.

And that means what?
Accountabilty = Being held responsible for your own actions.

If you type something slanderous, libel, or whatever the legal terminology is, you'll mosty likely get your comeuppance in one way or another.

I'm not necc talking about this instance as I don't know what's happened.

I think in the interest of this situation it has been handled very well by the mods, I know if I was in the same situation as either of the parties involved I would want it handled in a similar fashion.

Accountabilty = Being held responsible for your own actions.

If you type something slanderous, libel, or whatever the legal terminology is, you'll mosty likely get your comeuppance in one way or another.

I'm not necc talking about this instance as I don't know what's happened.

Website owners can also be held accountable for allowing the actions of others. If they allow something libellous to remain on their site, even if it has been written by another, they can be sued for it. Therefore there is a need to moderate, particularly after being advised of the presence of something which is potentially libellous.

Website owners can also be held accountable for allowing the actions of others. If they allow something libellous to remain on their site, even if it has been written by another, they can be sued for it. Therefore there is a need to moderate, particularly after being advised of the presence of something which is potentially libellous.
OK, good point. I didn't realise that.

I think in the interest of this situation it has been handled very well by the mods, I know if I was in the same situation as either of the parties involved I would want it handled in a similar fashion.

I would want violence and blood. It's the only language everybody knows.

Accountability is always the answer, not moderation.

Fair enough Melts and in the longer term it might happen but there is often a short term solution required and usually that means moderation. :icon_conf

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa613
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Tottenham 610
9Brighton69