People That Piss You Off

Status
Not open for further replies.
and while were on the holiday theme....people who got to the same hotel year after year after year...boring :)

:icon_conf Every time I go to Bangkok (seven or eight times) I use the same hotel. :icon_sad:

:icon_conf Every time I go to Bangkok (seven or eight times) I use the same hotel. :icon_sad:

Far, far too easy to edit that one...... :icon_lol:

and while were on the holiday theme....people who got to the same hotel year after year after year...boring :)

....and those that spend 4 days scouring the resort to get an extra 0.02 Euro to the pound.

...and those that get so terribly sunburned? Why? How? There really is no excuse nowadays. Sun+naked skin = burn. FFS.

....and those that get up at fecking dawn to secure sunbeds then feck of to the beach until tea-time.

Fecking tosspots the lot of them. They deserve their own Charter-Plane of death.

Not that I am bitter or twisted about it. :119::076::106::104:

....and those that spend 4 days scouring the resort to get an extra 0.02 Euro to the pound.

...and those that get so terribly sunburned? Why? How? There really is no excuse nowadays. Sun+naked skin = burn. FFS.

....and those that get up at fecking dawn to secure sunbeds then feck of to the beach until tea-time.

Fecking tosspots the lot of them. They deserve their own Charter-Plane of death.

Not that I am bitter or twisted about it. :119::076::106::104:

:icon_lol: think were singing from the same hymn sheet :icon_bigg

looks nice!!

I am ashamed to say we have been there several times before but only because we get it cheap - honest!! The guy that owns it was an Italian prisoner of war in 1944 and worked on my in laws parents farm. They looked after him and treated him like one of the family. He stayed until 1948! Since the mid 1950's my wifes family have enjoyed free/cheap holidays at Carlo's hotels because in his words "he treasures their kindness and humanity at a time when he had seen very little of either even from his own side".

I am ashamed to say we have been there several times before but only because we get it cheap - honest!! The guy that owns it was an Italian prisoner of war in 1944 and worked on my in laws parents farm. They looked after him and treated him like one of the family. He stayed until 1948! Since the mid 1950's my wifes family have enjoyed free/cheap holidays at Carlo's hotels because in his words "he treasures their kindness and humanity at a time when he had seen very little of either even from his own side".

tis a bit different when its family-related imo :)

There's some chap I know who spends the whole 14 days looking for the cheapest beer. :icon_roll

Just generally getting pissed off with people who go on holiday looking for Blackpool abroad.

A holiday is about relaxing and enjoying yourself in your own particular way. Everyone does that differently

Some people love going to somewhere akin to 'Blackpool abroad', some people love going to some remote island in the middle of nowhere, some people love to go walking and sleeping in tents

That's their preference as to how to spend a holiday

Why on earth would you get pissed off with them for choosing to do what they personally enjoy :102:

Last edited:
Because I believe the attraction of holidaying abroad is to encounter a slightly different culture and it's surroundings. The WTO describes tourism as "travel to and stay in places outside their usual environment for not more than one consecutive year for leisure, business and other purposes not related to the exercise of an activity remunerated from within the place visited". And Blackpool's a shithole.

Anyways, I don't know why I am arguing. I understand your POV but I have my own.

I am allowed to make sweeping, ignorant statements on this thread without being challenged and you need to do your work Homer.

Last edited:
I do indeed need to do my work, but arguing over nothing is providing a valuable and much-needed distraction

There's some chap I know who spends the whole 14 days looking for the cheapest beer. :icon_roll

Just generally getting pissed off with people who go on holiday looking for Blackpool abroad.

But they might get pissed off with people judging them on where they like to holiday.I wouldn't go anywhere just to sit on a beach or round a pool but others might not want to go to the back of beyond and walk all day.Each to their own I say:102:

Because I believe the attraction of holidaying abroad is to encounter a slightly different culture and it's surroundings. The WTO describes tourism as "travel to and stay in places outside their usual environment for not more than one consecutive year for leisure, business and other purposes not related to the exercise of an activity remunerated from within the place visited". And Blackpool's a shithole.

Anyways, I don't know why I am arguing. I understand your POV but I have my own.

I am allowed to make sweeping, ignorant statements on this thread without being challenged and you need to do your work Homer.

That really is the most bizarre post I've read in a long time, you've surpassed yourself Hazz.

Why the **** would the WTO be defining tourism??
Why the **** would the way other people choose to enjoy their time off even slightly annoy you?

Positano is wonderful, as is nearby Amalfi and Sorrento. Pompei and Herculaneum are fantastic even if you've visited them n times before. Even Capri is beautiful (although much better out of season)...

...surely you won't be worrying about sunbeds!

You are absilutely right, I shouldnt be worrying about sunbeds! Its just when I do see it I flip. That whole coast is so beautiful, and the food is to die for. The Italians are just so good at having a really nice time!

Homer's right too, each to their own and I recognise that I am lucky. But break is over now Homer, that stuff does really need to be finished today! :icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa613
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Tottenham 610
9Brighton69