People That Piss You Off

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are if they are upstairs. A copper friend of mine said if you catch one, kill em, or better still knock them cold downstairs, but drag em upstairs to finish them off. Apparently it makes all the difference in court. Just what I was told and not necessarliy sound legal advice. Do your own research.

Reminds me of the Tony Martin case.

The bloke should have been given a medal imo.

Reminds me of the Tony Martin case.

The bloke should have been given a medal imo.
I can't agree that TM deserves any credit or plaudits for his actions, but he certainly should receive no punishment whatsoever.

Break into somebody else's house, you take a gamble. You can either win big, or lose big. You as a burglar need to identify the odds.

The way the law is currently, the odds are stacked greatly in your favour.

I can't agree that TM deserves any credit or plaudits for his actions, but he certainly should receive no punishment whatsoever.

Break into somebody else's house, you take a gamble. You can either win big, or lose big. You as a burglar need to identify the odds.

TM wasnt to know whether those scumbags had weapons or not.

In a very scary situation in the middle of the night, i'm not sure what options the bloke really had.

The SOCO who came out today said of the people they have in custody from yesterday, they have enough evidence to send them away, there just isn't anywhere they can send them to for any real length of time, the prisons and youth centres are just crammed, which in itself shows how badly our country is failing in certain areas.

People always bring up the Tony Martin case and praise the guy, yet conveniently forget the reason why he got sent to prison was because he shot a guy in the back who was outside and running away from his house-bit different to shooting someone inside your house whos threatening you.

People always bring up the Tony Martin case and praise the guy, yet conveniently forget the reason why he got sent to prison was because he shot a guy in the back who was outside and running away from his house-bit different to shooting someone inside your house whos threatening you.

The guy was running away because he had been caught breaking into his house, and not for the first time. He certainly shouldn't be praised or rewarded for what he did but he shouldn't be punished for self defense.

The guy was running away because he had been caught breaking into his house, and not for the first time. He certainly shouldn't be praised or rewarded for what he did but he shouldn't be punished for self defense.

It wasn't self-defence. As you have just said, the guy was running away.

It wasn't self-defence. As you have just said, the guy was running away.

He was defending his property surely? I don't think any of us could know how we would react if we were in the middle of nowhere and seemingly being offered no protection from the police.

It stopped the guy coming back again didn't it?

He was defending his property surely? I don't think any of us could know how we would react if we were in the middle of nowhere and seemingly being offered no protection from the police.

What is the danger to his property when the would-be burglar is withdrawing?

Martin's main problem is that he planned to do what he did. He had bragged about it locally. He had always intended to shoot anybody who tried to enter his property. The law says you can't do that and he was rightly convicted.

If the circumstances had been different; if the burglar had been coming at him with a weapon and Martin had grabbed the first thing that came to hand to protect himself; if he had acted in 'hot-blood', he would probably have got away with it or been convicted on a lesser charge.

What is the danger to his property when the would-be burglar is withdrawing?
He could have been going to get a flame thrower, rocket launcher or death star. In which case it's best to immobilise him at the first opportunity.

Let's face it, none of us know. If Tony martin hadn't have shot the guy he wouldn't be in trouble with the law, if the burglars hadn't broke in they wouldn't have been shot at.

He could have been going to get a flame thrower, rocket launcher or death star. In which case it's best to immobilise him at the first opportunity.

Let's face it, none of us know. If Tony martin hadn't have shot the guy he wouldn't be in trouble with the law, if the burglars hadn't broke in they wouldn't have been shot at.

If he had been going to get a flame thrower, Martin might well have been successful with his self-defence plea. But there was no evidence of that and it can't just be presumed.

I say again - Martin was a pompous get who had made it known to all and sundry that one day he was going to shoot somebody. This 'malice aforethought' is something that has to be proved in a case of murder. Martin was so proud of his malice aforethought that he advertised it. That's not a sensible thing to do, as he found out when his case came to court.

If he had been going to get a flame thrower, Martin might well have been successful with his self-defence plea. But there was no evidence of that and it can't just be presumed.
Indeed it can't, but a rocket launcher is par for the course. I'm surprised his defence didn't pursue that avenue.

I say again - Martin was a pompous get who had made it known to all and sundry that one day he was going to shoot somebody. This 'malice aforethought' is something that has to be proved in a case of murder. Martin was so proud of his malice aforethought that he advertised it. That's not a sensible thing to do, as he found out when his case came to court.

I was not aware that he had bragged about it and that it was pre-meditated, in which case your stance (and the laws) is right, and I withdraw my previous comment.

The problem is I find it so hard to believe anything I read in the papers or even lately on the BBC website that I just don't bother reading anything.

The problem is I find it so hard to believe anything I read in the papers or even lately on the BBC website that I just don't bother reading anything.
A stance that has served me well for all of my life.

Trust nobody, believe nobody, dislike everybody.

Martin got a one-man crime wave removed from society, fair play to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669