People That Piss You Off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to agree with this one, and it's not just in Ratby either.

On the subject of lollipop men and women, I can understand the need for them where children are expected to cross busy roads, but why does the council, or whoever employs them, have to stick them at a crossing that has traffic signals. I know most of you won't believe me, but I'm not going to ignore the red light because school is either starting or finishing.

Worse still, the guy who stands outside of South Wigston High School and whatever primary school it is there, also likes to wave drivers on after the kids/thick adults have finished crossing. Quite often whilst the lights are still on red. Why? Seriously. Why?

There's one in Coventry who just comes across the road with no clear markings of it being a crossing. I swear she's just a nutjob. Zebra crossings are surely the only practical place for them.

I would presume that he is trying to get the traffic back on the move when there is no need for it to be stopped. Isn't that a good thing?

The signals of a police officer or a school crossing patrol supersede those given by pelican and similar crossings and the normal rules which apply to pedestrian crossings.

Do they? What's their authority for doing this, as I was taught that you don't ignore a red light unless it's to move out of the way for an emergency vehicle or just for the police.

How would things stand if I was ushered by a school crossing patrol whilst the lights were on red, but precedence was still with pedestrians, and somebody used the crossing and then I hit them? I know I should be aware of all possible hazards, but if my attention is focused on a numpty in a white and fluorescent jacket giving me the all clear, I surely cannot be held 100% liable?

Last edited:
Do they? What's their authority for doing this, as I was taught that you don't ignore a red light unless it's to move out of the way for an emergency vehicle or just for the police.

How would things stand if I was ushered by a school crossing patrol whilst the lights were on red, but precedence was still with pedestrians, and somebody used the crossing and then I hit them? I know I should be aware of all possible hazards, but if my attention is focused on a numpty in a white and fluorescent jacket giving me the all clear, I surely cannot be held 100% liable?

Hows a red light similar to a pelican crossing?

Supermarket management types at chains that may or may not rhyme with Norrison's, for refusing to hire actual butchers for their meat counter and then failing to give adequate food hygiene training to the minimum wage ten-year-olds they do employ.

The ignorant, benefit-scrounging bitch with her three bastard, bullying children (each sired by a different man).

The witch who has the audacity to accuse MY son of bullying HER feral ****nuts.

The **** who sends abusive texts to my wife about my son's abusive behaviour.

"He was with his childminder, you stupid ****ing dumb bitch!" was a phrase I have not bellowed through her letterbox. :098:

There, I feel better for that now. :)

Have you given up your blog (a sad lack of updates for months) and no travelling with other fans rule?
The Search for Franck is back this week! Starting with the update for Preston (which I'll probably do tomorrow morning), I'll be checking over the old updates I wrote but didn't post (long story) and putting them up. Thanks for asking :)

people, from Hinckley usually, who say "brought" when they mean "bought"

spanners

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa613
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611