People That Piss You Off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being a new parent, I am just realising how disproportionate the number of disabed spaces compared to parent/child spaces is. I wouldn't mind of they were full, but there must be 20 on each level of the Highcross and they are always 90% empty.

Completely agree with you mate, have never really noticed before, but there always seems to be twice as many disabled spaces than Parent and Child spaces. Trying to get a car seat out of the back of your car in a normal sized space is not easy.

But people with kids shouldn't wait?

Of course they should. In reality parents and children could park in a normal space and struggle to get the car seat out and disabled people could park slightly farther away with little impact. My annoyance is more to do with the difference in numbers. For instance, the highcross carpark has about 20 disabled spaces to 4 parent and child per level. Unless you park on floor 1 or 3 (they are the only ones with direct access to the shopping centre) then you have to use the lifts to get up and down so it removes any real ease of access argument in either case.

Of course they should. In reality parents and children could park in a normal space and struggle to get the car seat out and disabled people could park slightly farther away with little impact. My annoyance is more to do with the difference in numbers. For instance, the highcross carpark has about 20 disabled spaces to 4 parent and child per level. Unless you park on floor 1 or 3 (they are the only ones with direct access to the shopping centre) then you have to use the lifts to get up and down so it removes any real ease of access argument in either case.

Would a solution just be to allocate the spaces for either group? If they are being identified as needing to have larger space with similar needs, it makes more sense to just have both.

Would a solution just be to allocate the spaces for either group? If they are being identified as needing to have larger space with similar needs, it makes more sense to just have both.

It would work for me. I'm not sure if there is a percentage requirement for certain spots. I'd be interested to know.

What about fat people - they need more space too, you know

Ask Lazzer

It's just blatant discrimination

Mainly self-inflicted damage surely.

Dangerous area. If I am driving my car too fast and spin off the road and paralyse myself it could be argued my need for a wheelchair is self inflicted, but people manning the spaces would have no way of knowing this.

Dangerous area. If I am driving my car too fast and spin off the road and paralyse myself it could be argued my need for a wheelchair is self inflicted, but people manning the spaces would have no way of knowing this.

I was referring to the idea of 'fat' being a disability. I didn't infer reference to anything else.

I was referring to the idea of 'fat' being a disability. I didn't infer reference to anything else.

Of course being fat is a disability, it's an illness. If fat people can't have cake, it makes them feel sad and if they try to eat a salad, the get sick. It's an awful disease.

Except a parent and child driver needs nothing to identify them whereas a disabled parking space is for use only by blue badge holders. In theory, my Dad could park in a parent and child space as long as I was in the car too.

What pisses me off is taxi drivers who insist on parking in disabled bays and refuse to vacate them when a blue badge holder wants the space (I refer in the main to the ****s that park outside MK railway station).

What pisses me off is taxi drivers who insist on parking in disabled bays and refuse to vacate them when a blue badge holder wants the space (I refer in the main to the ****s that park outside MK railway station).

Most of them have pictures of parents with buggies. I'm not sure if that's what you and your dad still do, but either way I'd say that it's implied that it's not for a parent and a child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa613
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Tottenham 610
9Brighton69