People That Piss You Off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who, in their right ****ing mind, would decide to derail a train? And after they'd made such a decision, how could they possibly have set out and achieve such a heinous crime?

By driving it too fast over the points.

By driving it too fast over the points.

My understanding though is that 'systems' should stop drivers going too fast over points.

Ahaaah. A victim of the pedants.

Maybe, just maybe, my "accusation" was just meant as a turn of phrase rather than a serious accusation. :102:

Either way it was a right pain in the arse getting to and from London on Friday.

Theists.

For Warsi to be banging on about secularists and athiests being "militant" in nature and that secularism "in its instincts it is deeply intolerant", demonstrating "similar traits to totalitarian regimes" is a right giggle. For her to be moaning about the well-funded nature of this militant and totalitarian attack on religion is hysterical.

This afternoon she will say politicians "need to give faith a seat at the table in public life", adding "intolerant secularisation has to be held back by reaffirming the religious foundations on which our societies are built".

Why?

Who votes for these unrepresentative voices? What about the pre-Christian influences on British society? Do druids get to have a seat in her Parliament too?

http://www.humanism.org.uk/news/view/987

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/feb/13/militant-secularisation-christianity-lady-warsi

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17021831

Theists.

For Warsi to be banging on about secularists and athiests being "militant" in nature and that secularism "in its instincts it is deeply intolerant", demonstrating "similar traits to totalitarian regimes" is a right giggle. For her to be moaning about the well-funded nature of this militant and totalitarian attack on religion is hysterical.

This afternoon she will say politicians "need to give faith a seat at the table in public life", adding "intolerant secularisation has to be held back by reaffirming the religious foundations on which our societies are built".

Why?

Who votes for these unrepresentative voices? What about the pre-Christian influences on British society? Do druids get to have a seat in her Parliament too?

http://www.humanism.org.uk/news/view/987

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/feb/13/militant-secularisation-christianity-lady-warsi

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17021831

It's all part of the script, fascist regimes always tread this path.

Live and let live is what I say. Its a pointless battle, both sides of the argument think they're right.

I struggle to see a less pointless battle - freedom of choice & thought vs the imposition of ignorance and superstition.

She can bother her God in private, Christians their's, but they have no part to play in councils, government and schools. That they pick and choose which religions get to sit at the power top table is the height of hypocrisy. As I said, would she allow Druids to sit on the woolsack? Would she bollocks.

Live and let live is what I say. Its a pointless battle, both sides of the argument think they're right.

It isn't pointless to me that my 6 year old is 'taught' bible stories as fact and makes visits to the local church where a vicar talks to the children about god. In this day and age, I find this astonishing at a bog standard primary school.

I want my daughter to be educated about religion but not indoctrinated at 6 years old. When I counter the 'lessons' by explaining them to be stories like Snow White etc, she looks at me puzzled and confused because I'm contradicting her teachers. And don't get me started on the sight of 4-5 year old muslim kids being frog marched in mosques every evening for their education.

There is no more important battle for me.

It isn't pointless to me that my 6 year old is 'taught' bible stories as fact and makes visits to the local church where a vicar talks to the children about god. In this day and age, I find this astonishing at a bog standard primary school.

I want my daughter to be educated about religion but not indoctrinated at 6 years old. When I counter the 'lessons' by explaining them to be stories like Snow White etc, she looks at me puzzled and confused because I'm contradicting her teachers. And don't get me started on the sight of 4-5 year old muslim kids being frog marched in mosques every evening for their education.

There is no more important battle for me.

I would be amazed if any non-denomination primary school taught bible stories as 'fact'. I'd be less surprised if a 6 year old mis-interpreted what she was told.

I would be amazed if any non-denomination primary school taught bible stories as 'fact'. I'd be less surprised if a 6 year old mis-interpreted what she was told.

Prepare to be amazed.

The one I worked at during this academic year does just that.

I'd be amazed if it isn't the only one due to the insistence on daily prayer and the religious bent of a number of heads.

Prepare to be amazed.

The one I worked at during this academic year does just that.

I'd be amazed if it isn't the only one due to the insistence on daily prayer and the religious bent of a number of heads.

Then I am equally amazed and disgusted. The heads I have worked under have all been very good in this regards, though at my last school they did say a weekly prayer.

Then I am equally amazed and disgusted. The heads I have worked under have all been very good in this regards, though at my last school they did say a weekly prayer.

This place has to do the full Lord's prayer monty before eating. Local Vic comes in to visit classes and hold weekly services and we have to do a prayer/hymn every day. It's not even a CofE school, just has a mental Head/deputy.

At Xmas it was like Christ had risen from the dead and was going to breakdance for us in the hall.

This place has to do the full Lord's prayer monty before eating. Local Vic comes in to visit classes and hold weekly services and we have to do a prayer/hymn every day. It's not even a CofE school, just has a mental Head/deputy.

At Xmas it was like Christ had risen from the dead and was going to breakdance for us in the hall.

Ouch, primary or secondary?

I had that at Primary school, but then it was a Catholic school so kind of expected. I have to say after 11 years of schooling and having religion rammed down your throat, it does turn you against it somewhat.

I had that at Primary school, but then it was a Catholic school so kind of expected. I have to say after 11 years of schooling and having religion rammed down your throat, it does turn you against it somewhat.

The same could be said for cock I assume.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa613
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Tottenham 610
9Brighton69