People That Piss You Off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Duzza they will only embrace the technology they want to, what they cannot afford or even understand is just for twats only.
I bet they all have televisions and radios and music systems. Let them drive with the maps unfolded on the passenger seat and stop the bloke walking his dog through an obscure Norfolk village and ask is "Southampton is near here" only to be told he does not know the area.....

Duzza they will only embrace the technology they want to, what they cannot afford or even understand is just for twats only.
I bet they all have televisions and radios and music systems. Let them drive with the maps unfolded on the passenger seat and stop the bloke walking his dog through an obscure Norfolk village and ask is "Southampton is near here" only to be told he does not know the area.....

:icon_lol: They are just ****ing morons :icon_wink

I travel all over the East Midlands - all I need is an ancient AA road map, and a sheet of paper printed off multimap.com

I do not need, nor ever will need, some electroinc voice telling me to turn left, right go straight on, or pick my feckin' nose.

It's for the lazy bone idle gizmo-loving loser geeks only
Please tell me you don't cover the East Midlands as a sales rep selling Tyres

But I have a TV because I can't watch TV programmes without it. :icon_roll

Similar principles apply to the radio and music systems

I can get anywhere I want (without asking anyone) without spending a hundred notes on a shitey piece of techno-geek loser plastic that I have to stick in my car like all the other bone idle lazy feckers in the world.

The problem with it is that people all too often switch off their reasoning powers when they switch on a gadget. I can see that Sat Nav may have its uses in some circumstances, but to rely on it without thinking your journey through and having an idea of where you are going you can end up doing stupid things.

Example: the trail of people going up a gated road in Wales rather than on the nearby trunk road cos that's where their machines sent them. Once on it they had to carry on because they had no idea where they were.

Example: the people who provide amusement for the locals in (Ithink) the West country somewhere by driving into a ford that is only passable to cars during a drought

Example: the removal man ( a local) who used his to give me the "best" route from my son's old house in Birmingham to his new one in Manchester. It began by sending me 10 miles South West to the M42, all round Birmingham to the M6. We were a 5 minute drive from the Aston Expressway! He couldn't see why a chose to go the logical way instead.

I get exactly where I want with my AA map and multimap page.
I never get lost and always get there on time
That is efficiency

How exactly is the techno-geek loser gadget more efficient than that ?

I use a map.....its the most simple way. Never got me lost....once got me out of London from being on Kings Road.

I find that multimap and etc are just as bad as Sat Nav for using the unlogical process.

I also remember the route, I have it written down but never really refer to it.

Last edited:
I use a map.....its the most simple way. Never got me lost....once got me out of London from being on Kings Road.

I find that multimap and etc are just as bad as Sat Nav for using the unlogical process.

I also remember the route, I have it written down but never really refer to it.

You memorise a route from door to door?

You memorise a route from door to door?

Not door to door because a route should not be that complicated, you must think through it by marks. Every long distance route has a number of stages, these stages aided by the signposts, the motorway, the ring road of town/city which normally as a turn off you need to go on *remember this road* or anything which claims to have a landmark on it, then it's simple, in many ways you follow you're insticts in many ways, if you know its an industrial estate you expect a certain scenery etc......

I am responding in a way which includes football grounds, so I use a book with a map....and even the odd multimap route to see if it mentions any landmarks. Not arguing with Sat Nav, I just cant see the point of it for the lack of 10 minutes finding out about where ya off.

And memorise the whole route?

I've not got sat nav but I can see how much safer and easier it would make driving in an unfamiliar place.

RAC insurance gave me a discount on my premium for having Sat Nav

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa613
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Tottenham 610