People That Piss You Off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not door to door because a route should not be that complicated, you must think through it by marks. Every long distance route has a number of stages, these stages aided by the signposts, the motorway, the ring road of town/city which normally as a turn off you need to go on *remember this road* or anything which claims to have a landmark on it, then it's simple, in many ways you follow you're insticts in many ways, if you know its an industrial estate you expect a certain scenery etc......

I am responding in a way which includes football grounds, so I use a book with a map....and even the odd multimap route to see if it mentions any landmarks. Not arguing with Sat Nav, I just cant see the point of it for the lack of 10 minutes finding out about where ya off.

excellent I will chuck the Sat Nav out tonight :icon_roll

The fact remains, you cant memorise a door to door journey of any great length.

excellent I will chuck the Sat Nav out tonight :icon_roll

The fact remains, you cant memorise a door to door journey of any great length.

So what do taxi drivers who "do the knowledge" do? :102: :102: :102:

But I have a TV because I can't watch TV programmes without it. :icon_roll

Similar principles apply to the radio and music systems

I can get anywhere I want (without asking anyone) without spending a hundred notes on a shitey piece of techno-geek loser plastic that I have to stick in my car like all the other bone idle lazy feckers in the world.

but thats technology as well, before TV people used to make their own entertainment.
You must be too lazy to amuse yourself in other ways...:icon_bigg

You memorise a route from door to door?

I certainly do. I've never driven to Hull's new ground before but I've already memorised the directions for getting there. That's over 280 miles with neither sat-nav nor map, but I bet I'll find it first time.

I nearly bought a sat-nav about a year ago - basically because I love gadgets. But then I had the misfortune, or good fortune as it worked out, to travel from Stoke-on-Trent to Sandwich in a car that had one. By the time I got to the M1, I was fed up of hearing it chirping on. But then was as nothing when I got onto the M25 and over the QEII bridge - the thing clearly didn't have any idea where Sandwich was and for over 40 miles was trying to send us in the wrong direction; finally about 8 miles from home, it started getting it right. Saved me a packet that journey did!!

I love sat nav mainly because I am an idiot. Times before when I have been running from multimap directions I have come to several left turns, the directions just say "take left", so I don't know if I've got the right one until I've reached the next direction, or I'm 5 miles out of my way and have to turn around and navgate back without directions. With sat nav, as soon as I take the wrong turn it will tell me within a hundred yards or so AND THEN get me back to where I need to be. Like I said, I'm an idiot, but I have taken steps to minimise that by getting a sat nav, saved me life!

I didnt mentione memorise door to door, but to memorise to get to the destination you want. For starters, I'd get pissed off with Sat Nav telling me how to get to the M1....

Sat Nav (like spell checker on word) rots the brain of being able to do something that is reall y very simple!! My boss who has had sat nav for only 2 years of his 35 year career, could not direct me me to a site in my own car despite having been there 3 times before. He did not even know which side of the city it was on. Shocking, fecking hate the things myself.

I don't hear anybody complaining that they can't remember phone numbers anymore, and why should they. Progress dictates that we don't need to remember these things anymore

I don't hear anybody complaining that they can't remember phone numbers anymore, and why should they. Progress dictates that we don't need to remember these things anymore

Phone might get lost? :102:

My ****ing mrs and her annoying habit of collecting Christmas cards. I open the card, do the sender the courtesy of reading it, and then I proceed to throw it away. She on the other hand complain when I do this and fetches them out of the bin and inststs on putting the ****ing things on display.

Pathetic behaviour on her part, I may carry on ripping them up as I used to, but this led to raised voices

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa613
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Tottenham 610
9Brighton69