Play-off semi-final 1st Leg - City 0 Cardiff 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite sadly, if we don't win on Wednesday I'd rather either of the other teams beat Cardiff. Having witnessed about 50 of their fans pre match having a laugh singing "you've got leukemia" at some lad with a bald head......****in hilarious eh!!

Quite sadly, if we don't win on Wednesday I'd rather either of the other teams beat Cardiff. Having witnessed about 50 of their fans pre match having a laugh singing "you've got leukemia" at some lad with a bald head......****in hilarious eh!!

I was waiting for my sister near the club shop when they got off their coaches - one of them decided to pretty much down a whole can of lager and then throw it up over the pavement... classy fella he was :icon_roll

Unbelievable!!! We make the playoffs when many thought we'd struggle to get mid table we lose one nil in the first leg to a great free kick and some of you are slagging off Pearson!!! It's a ****ing disgrace!!

To be honest I haven't had a single bad word to say about Pearson since he became manager but today he quite simply got it wrong and big time. People make mistakes it happens but fans are allowed to criticise too. We'll see on Wednesday if he can rectify the flaws in his gameplan for the first leg.

As for the free kick it was struck well but we presented him with an open target to strike at by not having a wall in place and Weale should have got across.

Having said all that though we've had a great season regardless.

I was waiting for my sister near the club shop when they got off their coaches - one of them decided to pretty much down a whole can of lager and then throw it up over the pavement... classy fella he was :icon_roll

the fact that these ***** are still allowed to breed disgusts me

Cardiff fans have a history and reputation second only to Millwall.

Blasphemy for many, I know, but I actually want Forest to go up if not us out of the other 3 teams.

Cardiff fans have a history and reputation second only to Millwall.

Blasphemy for many, I know, but I actually want Forest to go up if not us out of the other 3 teams.

would be interesting to see if they could get a lower points tally than Derby :icon_bigg

The tactics didn't work today but with injuries and suspensions I'm not sure what else Pearson could have done.

He could have kept the 4-4-2 formation which we have used in the last five games which we have won. Kermogant, Fryatt and/or N'Guessan could have partnered Waghorn up-front.

I was very confident about this game up until I saw the team selection. Had today's first-leg been in Cardiff there would have been some justification for the selection but at home I just do not understand it.

I didn't think anyone in particular played poorly. I thought Bruce looked very solid at the back, Wellens tried hard but more of his passes and efforts fell short than succeeded, Waghorn tried hard in his thankless lone attacking role. It was no surprise that when we had Kermogant and Fryatt up-front near the end and wingers in N'Guessan and Gallagher who were actually playing near the goal that we looked like scoring.

How the first handball wasn't given as a penalty is beyond me. Was he looking at the ball, no - did his arm make contact to the ball as it was flailing above his head - yes. If we play with the positive gung-ho style that we finished the game tiday with then we can win and get through on Wednesday. If we waste 50, 60, 70 minutes of the game with defensive tactics and wasteful long-balls up to Waghorn then it'll be the end of the season for us on Wednesdy.

Yes, that was bad.

But of course our lot were so much classier with that chant directed at Dave Jones weren't they.

Was he looking at the ball, no - did his arm make contact to the ball as it was flailing above his head - yes.

So it's not a penalty then, as it wasn't intentional. :102:

We've all seen them given but it wasn't intentional handball.

Yes, that was bad.

But of course our lot were so much classier with that chant directed at Dave Jones weren't they.

was anything sang today? I know which chant you mean but I've not heard us sing it in the past and there wasn't much singing today full stop

No worse than the 'Dave Jones is a paedophile' chant.

He could have kept the 4-4-2 formation which we have used in the last five games which we have won. Kermogant, Fryatt and/or N'Guessan could have partnered Waghorn up-front.

Fryatt's not fit, N'Guessan isn't a striker and Kermogant isn't good enough.

It was definitely sang by a few twats in L1.

As we "she said no, Nobby" He's our own player, ffs!

L1 tries far too hard to create "banter" with opposition fans and to try and be funny at times. Some of the stuff they come out with is cringe worthy. Sing songs to support Leicester, ffs! Instead of trying to feebly wind up the opposition.

Last edited:
we just didn't show up as an attacking force today, dyer and gallagher couldn't get into the game. Spearing, Hobbs and Wellens were superb i thought. it certainly isn't over, an early goal over there will get them properly wobbling, Howard has to start on wednesday for me. i still believe...

It was definitely sang by a few twats in L1.

As we "she said no, Nobby" He's our own player, ffs!

L1 tries far too hard to create "banter" with opposition fans and to try and be funny at times. Some of the stuff they come out with is cringe worthy. Sing songs to support Leicester, ffs! Instead of trying to feebly wind up the opposition.

If it makes any difference we heard nothing and were sitting behind the Cardiff dugout.

Thought the 2 centre backs were immense today. Alex Bruce really impressed me, sign him up.

Thought Wellens was poor. Spearing is a worker!
The tactics just didn't work today, we were clueless up front. Dyer played far too narrow first half... he got better second half when he played a bit wider.

I think Fryatt will start on Weds.

It's not over, but is a lot more difficult now.

Ah well Billy Kee is back from Accrington and Craig King from Hereford, for the clutching at straws brigade.

As far as I'm concerned, at this standard and with Matty looking ring rusty to put it mildly, I can only see a Waggy/Vaughan and a second best Waggy/Howard strike force as being anywhere good enough.

What puzzles me is that when Gally was signed he was described as a striker, certainly the role he had when on loan at Plymouth last season - yet NP now seems reluctant to play him anywhere but in a wide right role.

No worse than the 'Dave Jones is a paedophile' chant.

Strange considering we didn't even look like scoring until he was on the pitch winning headers, laying balls off down the wing and creating a good chance for Gallagher.

Nah hes shite our Yann. Did **** all today...

However I would start Howard with Waggy on tues, as Yanns inconsistent, and Howard has the experience (though I'm sure 20 mins in when all hes done is foul, i'll be wishing the wild card played)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669