Play-off tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question is though.....Do you get up early tomorrow make it down the Walkers for 8.30am, freeze my cock off but comfortable in the knowledge I will get a Cardiff away ticket or do I have a lie-in, chance it at 10am and face a smaller line or possible no tickets.

What ya reckon folks?

Bit of extra thermal protection for the cock and down there as soon as possible would be my advice.

Just read on the LM site comments that a bloke with a season ticket, that missed the Friday deadline, tried to buy a ticket at the members deadline time only to be told it was members only and he had to wait until general sale!!! Now that stinks!!!

Just because you read it, it doesn't mean to say it's true. ST holders can buy tickets on Members' day - it's always been so.

Wow. That's absurd.

And has already resulted in tickets being available on the black market at over ten times face value. Loyal Fulham fans have really been let down by their club.

I put my postal application in today for away leg tickets (I am P1 so hopefully will get processed tomorrow). It rankles with me a bit that being a ST holder for many years, going to most away games for many years and being P1 still might see me miss out as I can't get to the ground tomorrow due to work commitments. But here's hoping...

To be honest Hazz, I don't think going down later tomorrow is chancing it - I'd be quite surprised if all 2000 went on Day 1.

If you're P1 your postal application will definitely get you a ticket. If all 2,000 tickets go on P1 day, something very wrong has been allowed to happen.

And has already resulted in tickets being available on the black market at over ten times face value. Loyal Fulham fans have really been let down by their club.

I've reported some to eBay that are on sale there. Selling football tickets is not allowed. If people have bought some just to sell on for a profit I hope they get stuck with them.

It shouldn't just be football tickets that can't be sold on ebay, it should be all tickets whether it's sports or gigs etc.

I've reported them when I've seen them as well. Theym ight as well just stand outside the venue and charge 5 times the original price....

I would expect we'll get at least 36,000, that's what clubs have had in the past.

I'm wondering what will happen if Blackpool get to the final.

I think their average attendance is around 8,000, so it would be ridiculous to give them 36,000 tickets which they could struggle to sell, when genuine Leicester fans won't be able to get one.

In the JPT final Southampton got 44,000 tickets and Carlisle got 25,000. Southampton sold all theirs and could have sold a lot more. Carlisle only sold 21,000. A similar allocation for our match, if we get there, would be fair :)

This kind of system, though unusual in the Championship play-off final, is sometimes used when the usual average support of the two clubs is vastly different. Wasn't it the Blackburn game in 1992 where we had a lot more tickets than they did?

The latest situation with my membership is that I have just been contacted by the ticket office to say that I can’t have a membership but I can have a home leg ticket if I want one. Ive told them I am actually on holiday for the home leg (which is true) but wanted the membership for when we get Wembley! Hehe. They have gone away to discuss it with the chief exec and get back to me. I would say if you applied for a membership on Monday 26th to keep pushing the issue!

You may have wasted £15 there. I'm sure that well-organised fans who are not members will be able to get Wembley tickets in a General Sale (if we get there).

I've reported some to eBay that are on sale there. Selling football tickets is not allowed. If people have bought some just to sell on for a profit I hope they get stuck with them.

Does this apply to games that are taking place outside the UK? It's actually illegal to re-sell tickets for UK games; it's not just an eBay rule. But I'm not sure that the same applies to tickets for matches that are to take place abroad.

We got extra tickets because they couldn't sell all theirs and sent some back. I think we had something like 40,000 for that match.

Yes - that's what I thought but I was not absolutely sure which game it was. Still ****ing lost though. :mad:

Last edited:
Yes - that's what I thought but I was not absolutely sure which game it was.

That season in the league our average attendance was 15,000 and Blackburn's was 13,000.

I remember the tickets went on sale to season ticket holders over the weekend, and the club secretary said there was no point queueing up on Saturday, there would be plenty of good tickets still left on the Sunday afternoon.
So I believed him, and went to buy mine on the Sunday. All the good tickets had gone. I faxed a complaint to him, and I'm still waiting for a reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69