Premier League 2012/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who thinks Fellaini's 3 match ban for violent conduct is a bit of a cop out?

Halsey conveniently saw the other two incidents and thought they weren't violent conduct. If punching somebody in the face isn't violent conduct then what is? Seems like they have compounded one bad decision with another.

Am I the only one who thinks Fellaini's 3 match ban for violent conduct is a bit of a cop out?

Halsey conveniently saw the other two incidents and thought they weren't violent conduct. If punching somebody in the face isn't violent conduct then what is? Seems like they have compounded one bad decision with another.

There was little other option; the referee having already 'judged' on the later incidents, it was not open to the disciplinary panel to consider them again.

There was little other option; the referee having already 'judged' on the later incidents, it was not open to the disciplinary panel to consider them again.

With Halsey saying he saw the other two incidents it makes it all go away rather nicely doesn't it.

If he did see it then I don't know how he didn't give a red card for the third one. It is a clear punch to the face.

I just think that if it had been somebody else rather than one of the stars from this season, the ref might have decided he didn't see the incidents and a bigger suspension handed out.

Hey ho, at least I will start getting dream team points from him quicker

Absolute cop out!

There's no way that I believe that he saw the punch and the other headbutt (albeit mild) and didn't think them worthy of a caution.

And even 3 games for a headbutt feels soft.

Would be surprised if someone like Suarez would have got away so lightly.

IMHO Stoke are a bunch of ****s. Shawcross was effectively giving him a reach around and gets away Scot free. That is where the ref ****ed up. Until defenders get properley penalised for their behaviour, attackers wil have to resort to more extreme measures to prevent being neutralised.

IMHO Stoke are a bunch of *****. Shawcross was effectively giving him a reach around and gets away Scot free. That is where the ref ****ed up. Until defenders get properley penalised for their behaviour, attackers wil have to resort to more extreme measures to prevent being neutralised.

Strikers pull a defender about just as much defenders pull strikers about. Lets not forget the systematic blocking of markers during corners. Getting your shirt tugged here and there is all part of the game. Resorting to head butting an opponent is not the answer.

Cynical bunch aren't we?

The fact Fellaini has been one of the stars this season I am sure had nothing to do with the decision. Just as Shearer being England captain when he kicked Lennon in the face had nothing to do with him getting away with it or John Terry being England Captain and only getting a 4 match ban for using racist language (compared to Suarez getting an 8 game ban for a word he didn't consider to be racist).

Is it cynical to think that the FA might have suggested to the ref that he just says he has seen the incidences and then it can be swept under the carpet?

Is it cynical to think that the FA might have suggested to the ref that he just says he has seen the incidences and then it can be swept under the carpet?

Yes, that would be quite cynical. Very cynical in fact.

Maybe I am giving Halsey too much credit. I thought he was a good ref and wouldn't have just dismissed Fellaini punching Shawcross in the face. Maybe the question should be how can Halsey continue referring if he can't make simple decisions that he clearly saw?

Maybe I am giving Halsey too much credit. I thought he was a good ref and wouldn't have just dismissed Fellaini punching Shawcross in the face. Maybe the question should be how can Halsey continue referring if he can't make simple decisions that he clearly saw?

I think Macky's point was that it was a cynical thought but that doesn't mean it isn't also right.

I think Macky's point was that it was a cynical thought but that doesn't mean it isn't also right.

Congratulations Matt, you win a free Mars bar*

*Postage, packaging and handling charge of £39.99 applies. Cheques not accepted.

Villa. :icon_lol:

Aston Villa. :081:

Aston. ****ing. Villa. 24.gif

That was truly one of the most beautiful moments in football I've seen for a long, long time. It's just a shame it had to be Chelsea, but still: few things can beat the joyous satisfaction of seeing Villa torn so mercilessly to shreds.

Last edited:
That was truly one of the most beautiful moments in football I've seen for a long, long time. It's just a shame it had to be Chelsea, but still: few things can beat the joyous satisfaction of seeing Villa torn so mercilessly to shreds.
Chelsea have done a lot of good in the week before Christmas. Maybe they are hoping Santa comes around to all the good boys.

Missed the game, but love the score! Haha

Saw a stat that for the 5 managers Torres has played for in England other than Benitez, his record is 20 goals in 81 games (actually better than I would've thought). With Benitez, his record is 69 goals in 84 games.

Villa doing well again today....

Atm they have 0-15 in their 3 last games

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48