Premier League 2012/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some clubs pulling off impressive signings. Spurs finally get Lloris, and managed to get Dempsey from under Liverpool's noses for £6m!

Everton have just signed Michael Essien on loan for the season with a view to a permanent move. Sounds like a great signing. If he can back to near where he was (big if, but even if he gets close) he's a fantastic player. They'll get Europe this year. Selling Rodwell was a good move.

West Ham have signed Benayoun back on loan. Finally back at the level he should be... never understood his moves to Liverpool/Chelsea/Arsenal. Average player I think.

Is the Essien deal true? The sky sports news Twitter account reporting it is a fake and not seen it on the channel itself.

Is the Essien deal true? The sky sports news Twitter account reporting it is a fake and not seen it on the channel itself.

Ahh my bad. Wasn't following the fake account, so saw Sky Sports News come up in my feed and took it as truth, but just looking back at it realised it was Nugent retweeting the fake one. D'oh.

Was thinking it was a bit of a shock! BBC did report earlier though that there was interest from Everton but they were struggling with the wages. Still time.

I've got this sneaking suspicion AVB is going to be even worse at Spurs than he was at Chelsea. Wouldn't surprise me to see them finishing in the bottom half of the table.

Also reckon Dempsey will be a massive flop there.

Last edited:
I've got this sneaking suspicion AVB is going to be even worse at Spurs than he was at Chelsea. Wouldn't surprise me to see them finishing in the bottom half of the table.

Also reckon Dempsey will be a massive flop there.

I think he would've flopped at Liverpool (everyone does), but I think he could do well at Spurs. Will fit well into their system, playing off of Defoe or Adebayor.

Think you might be right about AVB though. I'd like to see him do well though.

I think things look very bleak for Rodgers at Liverpool. Think he'll be the first manager to go this season.

Michu looking really good so far, though every time I hear his name mentioned I think people are talking about Pokemon.

Also, reading a few Spurs opinions on other forums, it sounds all a bit Sousa-esque to me. i.e. AVB isn't too bothered with fitness training and Spurs are looking knackered after 60 minutes in every game so far.

Just saw the last half hour of L'pool v Arsenal (0-2). Arsenal well worth the win. How Reina holds his place in the team is a mystery to me. Scousers could be in the bottom 3 later today

Last edited:
Liverpool looked poor. They play Man Utd next, so would imagine it will be 4 games without a win for them.

I still think Rodgers could be the first manager to go this season. It will be harsh on him in a way because it doesn't seem like it's his fault they've not got a striker in, but who knows. They don't look like scoring though. Borini looks like a bad buy already and Suarez isn't the type of player to get a ton of goals.

Thought Gerrard played really badly today. So many misplaced passes.

Big job to do for Rodgers.

3 clean sheets in a row for Arsenal who appear to be very solid at the back. Not like them at all.

Southampton are looking very good.

Cleverley will never be a top level player. He'll be cast aside after a couple of seasons a-la Gibson.

Fantastic game, really felt for Southampton in the end.

Free agent Owen to Stoke then. Pay as you play.

What a way to finish a glittering career. Some might say that was done signing for Newcastle.

£25,000 basic per week plus goal and appearance bonuses, if you believe John Percy at the Telegraphhttp://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/stoke-city/9520735/Michael-Owen-joins-Stoke-after-agreeing-a-12-month-deal.html

If he stays fit he will score a few. There might be better ways for them to spend their cash though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669