Premier League 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never really understood the Bielsa thing.

His 'genius' appears to be to man mark across the pitch and get his players fit enough to run around more than the opposition. And that's it.

He has never survived as a manager at a club for more than two years until now. His ability to outwit the Championship is really damning about just how awful a league that is.

He'll quit after a few more hammerings I reckon. Seems to be his thing. Leeds will probably stay up because there are four really, really, awful sides this season. But Leeds are undoubtedly shit.

The way they play is so refreshing isn’t it? Makes you wonder why more promoted teams don’t set up to ship 4 every week

I'll have to check Fulham and West Brom arent shipping more before agreeing.

I think in particular everyone getting really excited when they got beaten 4-3 by Liverpool got to me.
they.. still lost? No point scoring three every week if you’re going to concede 4.

I didn't even get the hype in that game. Looked a bit clueless and the defeat was fair. I get that it's more exciting to have Leeds back than fulham with one team with a large fan base and the other's away attendence being unaffected by stadium bans but the hype is injust. Their own fans are realistic about 15-17th being good, yet the media have been creaming before a ball was kicked.

**** all that.

Highlight of the day was watching Ole losing his shit with an attack of the mardy arses on the telly after the game. ****ing brilliant.

Shut up you tart.

Moaning about your vast & expensive squad of underachieving wank having to endure a quick turnaround?

I can just imagine the outpouring of sympathy from 80% of the other Prem managers currently trying to juggle much smaller squads beset by injuries. How awful for you having to play in the Champion's League. Poor little mite.

I've never seen a man more obviously cracking under the pressure. Upstairs at Utd won't have missed it either.

Pochettino must have his coat on sitting by the phone with his car keys in his hand.

I have never really understood the Bielsa thing.

His 'genius' appears to be to man mark across the pitch and get his players fit enough to run around more than the opposition. And that's it.

He has never survived as a manager at a club for more than two years until now. His ability to outwit the Championship is really damning about just how awful a league that is.

He'll quit after a few more hammerings I reckon. Seems to be his thing. Leeds will probably stay up because there are four really, really, awful sides this season. But Leeds are undoubtedly shit.

Pochettino will be Bielsa in 20 years.

Praised to the rafters as a genius coach.

Then you check Wikipedia & think " Eh? He's won **** all"

This could have gone in 'laugh at Leeds' thread, or the Perez one but Leeds/Bielsa are mentioned here so... a thoughtful piece from the New York Times on Patrick Bamford...

OK, maybe a TLDR for some but hang in there. Some interesting stuff on Chelsea's academy and loan churn but the final paragraph caught my eye (for it's applicability to Perez perhaps (my italics btw)...

Bamford is flourishing under Bielsa partly because of the connection between the two of them, but largely because he fits the coach’s system perfectly. Bielsa does not need his striker just to score goals; that is not the sole metric by which he judges the effectiveness of his No. 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263