Premier League 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Defending is dead

What a shit show. Villa were excellent, make no bones about it but Liverpool were so incredibly poor defensively it is untrue. Without Alison and Mane they look worse than ordinary.

I dropped Watkins from my fantasy team. No chance of him scoring against Liverpool...
Last week I took the captaincy away from Vardy.
I'm a shit manager.

Maybe so - but even you wouldn’t play Perez FFS

Poor old Gunnersaurus has been given the boot by Arsenal after 27 years as their Mascot. Crowdfunding now collecting monies for his return.

But they have Ozil doing Sweet FA at the club so perhaps he could don a similar suit and say call him Ozilla and take his place :D

Poor old Gunnersaurus has been given the boot by Arsenal after 27 years as their Mascot. Crowdfunding now collecting monies for his return.

But they have Ozil doing Sweet FA at the club so perhaps he could don a similar suit and say call him Ozilla and take his place :D

You may well laugh, but where is Vicky Vixen and Cousin Dennis, eh ?

ANSWER ME THAT !!

Biggest scandal in LCFC history

I agree with some of it, but a lot of it is bollocks, just designed to give more power to the big clubs.
I don't think the majority of clubs would vote for this.

The proposals include:

• £250 million immediately to the EFL to compensate its clubs for lost matchday revenue, deducted from future television revenue earnings and financed by a loan taken out by the Premier League
  • Special status for the nine longest serving clubs – and the vote of only six of those “long-term shareholders” required to make major changes, including amending rules and regulations, agreeing contracts, removal of the chief executive, and a wide-ranging veto including on club ownership
  • Premier League to go to 18 clubs from 20
  • £100 million one-off gift to the FA to cover its coronavirus losses, the non-league game, the women’s game, the grassroots
  • 8.5 per cent of annual net Premier League revenue to go on operating costs and “good causes” including the FA
  • From the remainder, 25 per cent of all combined Premier League and Football League revenues to go to the EFL clubs
  • Six per cent of Premier League gross revenues to pay for stadium improvements across the top four divisions, calculated at £100 per seat
  • New rules for the distribution of Premier League television income, overseas and domestic, including proposals that base one portion on performance over three years in the league
  • The abolition of the League Cup and the Community Shield
  • 24 clubs each in the Championship, League One and League Two reducing the professional game overall from 92 clubs to 90
  • A women's professional league independent of the Premier League or the FA
  • Two sides automatically relegated from the Premier League every season and the top two Championship teams promoted. The 16th place Premier League club in a play-off tournament with the Championship’s third, fourth and fifth placed teams.
  • Financial fair play regulations in line with Uefa, and full access for Premier League executive to club accounts
  • A fan charter including capping of away tickets at £20, away travel subsidised, a focus on a return to safe standing, a minimum away allocation of eight per cent capacity
  • Later Premier League start in August to give greater scope for pre-season friendlies, and requirement for all clubs to compete once every five years in a summer Premier League tournament
  • Huge changes to loan system allowing clubs to have 15 players out on loan domestically at any one time and up to four at a single club in England

Reduce it to 18. Put Liverpool and Man U in the conference North. I'm sure they'd accept it for the greater good.

I cannot comprehend how anyone outside the 'big six' can see that proposal as anything other than extremely damaging to the game. The breadcrumbs offered are pathetic.

The desire is clearly to weaken competition to the richest sides by spreading wealth across a larger number of weaker clubs. Those with the highest revenue then sail away. Fewer top level clubs, fewer opportunities for clubs like Leicester to challenge the mega rich. Indeed, make clubs like ours look over their shoulder more often and make sure we get relegated quickly enough so that we cannot establish ourselves too strongly.

This was written by an American billionaire that knows feck all about English football and endorsed by another American billionaire that knows feck all about English football.

It also reads like a short term plan for the mega clubs to get richer quicker so that they can then feck off to a European League with weighed down pockets.

Also, interesting to see Rick Parry endorsing this. The same Rick Parry that used to run the PL and is nothing if not a man that puts the interest of Liverpool above everything else. It's bad enough that the FL employed him, but it looks like he's still on a retainer from his old side.

I'd love to see one of the 'big six' get relegated sometime soon. It's possible given how badly most of them are being run. It's just a pity that so many opponents have an inferiority complex when they play them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566