QPR Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was disappointed that GM left it til the game was almost done before he subbed Cort for MDV.

I thought we played better than we did against Plymouth actually, at least today we actually looked interested in getting forwards(well first half!) whereas at Plymouth I don't think we hardly left our half!

And people seemed quite happy with a point from that performance....

Last edited:
"We scored a goal, but after that we were naive and made some poor decisions at critical times"

Sounds like GM admitting guilt over terrible substitutions

I was disappointed that GM left it til the game was almost done before he subbed Cort for MDV.

I thought we played better than we did against Plymouth actually, at least today we actually looked interested in getting forwards(well first half!) whereas at Plymouth I don't think we hardly left our half!

And people seemed quite happy with a point from that performance....

Managed to catch the last 15 mins or so on RL and that was certainly Walsh's opinion, seems strange that Megson appears to be the only one who couldn't see it.

What fecking match were you watching Dour.
Porter was shite, is shite and always will be shite. In the first half his first 7 touches of the ball never found a city player, he is too small and to lightweight.
As for DJ, £2M? He is nowhere near to showing that price tag. Cort was OK in ther first half, and only OK, he should have been subbed at just past half time or 60 mins at the latest. To be honest the coaches who picked the team should have advised Megson a little more on the substitutions. Give the bloke a chance, as it was not the long hoof ball so many of you on here predicted.
The team should also have done better to defend or hold on to a 1-0 lead. They seemed to think it was all over when we scored.

agree 100%

Porter is ****ing useless, always was, always will be.

DJ is lazy and slow imo

Kind of agree with most sentiments so far. Who was out last manager to wear a suit? Pleat? Found the whole day a bit embarrassing. Was that our 4th manager in the last 6 home games?

Fulop - is a decent keeper and did nothing wrong.
N'Gotty - what was with the aimless long balls to Cort all the time? drove me mad. Capable defensively, but a liability when supporting an offensive move.
Kisnorbo - played like he was still on the plane back from wherever he's been. Awful performance.
McAuley - very good game, got Kisnobo out of trouble several times.
Sheehan - best game I've seen him have (although that's not saying much)
Hume - solid game but I don't like him out wide. To be honest, I'm not that keen on him through the middle either but, hey.
Wesolowski - best player on the pitch by a country mile.
Clemence - okay performance but he regularly gives the ball away in simple positions and it's starting to pish me off.
Porter - total fecking disaster. Hate him with a passion for his arrogance and his lack of talent. I guarantee he'll be in the non-league in 3 years. Why does he insist on crossing the ball from 30 yards out? Get to the fecking by-line you tosser.
Campbell - he's a finisher and they always look great in a winning team but shite when it's scrappy with few chances. Personally, I think he's a good player.
Cort - thought he was great for first 10 mins, then he seemed to be knackered and stood in the centre circle looking useless.

Subs: First two should have strengthened us. Both weakened us.

Meggy: Didn't like the long ball tactics (whether they were anything to do with him or not), his subs were a disaster. Apart from that, I'm ambivalent.
Burrows: Where was the flat cap fella?
Taggart: Made me laugh with his pontificating in 2nd half. Seemed a bit wrong. Sure I'll get used to it.

GM received the most lukewarm welcome for a new City manager that I can recall - reluctant, gentle applause interspersed with much booing.
And the Gerry Taggart thing with the fans is going to very soon piss him off mightily.
Our left side today was so weak. Sheehan is simply a joke of a left back and Porter is just too lightweight and his distribution and crosses are crap for a winger.

I feel a bit bleak about things at present.

you could also blame the players who bottled it when 1-0 up!

I think MM has made a howler appointing megson he is a very back to the walls at 1-0 up type manager, if the manager does defensive subs at 1-0 up and probably telling the team to then just keep the lead the players mentally go from a mind of wanting to score goals without fear mentality to must not concede panic mentality which I think lost us 2 points.

at the end of the day what can a manager do if his team cant hold a lead? Throw on more defenders to try and hold the lead or go for the kill and risk counter attack.

Attack is the best form of defense you typically defending higher up the pitch and your defenders have less to do whilst when sitting back trying to hold a lead your back 4 get overworked and pushed very far back. If you are a manager of a team that can score goals but are poor defensively which adams was then the best tactic is to go for goals and so be it if there is gaps at the back which is what he seemed to do as we did score a lot of goals and take the lead in so many games. I think considering his transfer budget adams did very well in his premiership season.

I was disappointed that we did not create more chances against a very poor QPR. Campbell had some nice moments but not enough to warrant a place over Fryatt. I thought we were weak on the left and would have preferred Chambers to Sheehan. Presumably Ferrerra has joined with the idea of being a replacement for Porter. I hope they will continue to play Hume the way they did today.

Regardless of wether Megson chose the starting XI or not we have seen his "vision" for LCFC today. This was team playing his wayDirect balls to big target man & as quickly as possible. Defensive substitutions to hold a 1-0 lead.

Both failed.

Megson is as inspiring as a wet weekend in Clacton as demonstrated by his pathetic pre match introduction.

Give me Martin Allen any day.

Last edited:
GM received the most lukewarm welcome for a new City manager that I can recall - reluctant, gentle applause interspersed with much booing.
And the Gerry Taggart thing with the fans is going to very soon piss him off mightily.

For the benefit of those of us who weren't there, what Taggart thing? Was Taggart out shouting on the sidelines today?

Also, what's this about a Megson rant before kick off? Sounds a bit odd

My take on today

Actually thought Cort had a very good first half, won about everything lobbed at him, but to me he was obviously tired after 60mins & the MDV swap should have happened then.

Didn't have a problem with the Chambers for Campbell sub, would have done the same thing, didn't think Campbell was that great & at 1-0 up changing from 2 attacking minded wide players to one more defensive I thought was ok, however Chambers didn't do much.

It's the Kishi for Porter I had the problem with, Kishi looked lost out on the left & made zero contribution, far more logical to maintain one potential outlet & bring Newton on for Porter.

Thought it was Clemence's worst performance today (been very impressed so far, so mean his was average), thought Weso was our best player.

For the benefit of those of us who weren't there, what Taggart thing? Was Taggart out shouting on the sidelines today?

Also, what's this about a Megson rant before kick off? Sounds a bit odd

When Gerry stood up a couple of times in the dugout during the second half, L1 started singing to him 'give us a wave' and 'Gerry Taggart's Blue Army'..

I'm sure he loved it but I bet GM didn't!:081:

Everyone seems to be slagging off Megson for the bad substitutions but has it occurred to anyone that Rudkin did exactly the same thing at the same time last week ... subbed Campbell with a defender ... so assuming Rudkin may have had a hand in the sub situation we should perhaps not be so harsh on his gingerness just yet ... however if like Hansel and Gretel we get lost in the forest next week then we might be justified in trashing the gingerbread cottage ... :icon_roll
I think Kaebi and Ferreira should be used at some stage next week as they both have the potential to create chances ... chances that Fryatt might convert more often than some of the others we've been using ... I'd even like to see Billy Kee brought on late in the 2nd half to give him a taste of first team football ... I know he's young but he seems big enough to take care of himself ... :icon_cool

I thought that Megson's post match interview on the OS made some good points: we are a team that has forgotten how to win - particularly at home. The one thing that slightly worries me, is that he talks about the need to bring in experience and the implication is that it will be at the expence of the young players.

Apparantly QPRhave been trying to get Clements (WBA Megson old boy) on loan, he could do a job for us with Clarke out long term.

I thought that Megson's post match interview on the OS made some good points: we are a team that has forgotten how to win - particularly at home. The one thing that slightly worries me, is that he talks about the need to bring in experience and the implication is that it will be at the expence of the young players.

Apart from the 4-1 drubbing of Watford?

Well, did substitutions ever change a game like today. We took our attacking players off and put on defensive players and invited QPR to come & win it. This they could have done quite easily if they had been a half decent side, but because they were sh*t they only got a draw. The substitutions negate any threat there was to their defence and allowed the defence to push up to the half way line. All we could do was sit there and wait for it to happen. GM plays it this way and we will have to get used to it. I think we'll turn plenty of wins into draws or defeats at home. Away from home we'll be playing for a draw from the start. Come away from the match feeling as though we had lost rather than survived for a draw. Talking to QPR fans in the pub after the match they were of the opinion that they were awful till we gave them hand into the game with the substitutions and they felt that in the end the could got away with a win never mind a draw. They reckon this is the worst QPR team for years and were grateful for any points they can get. On this performance I can't see us getting a game at Villa this year in the Carling Cup. Just think if we had won we could be sitting in the top 6 this morning not near the bottom. Do you lot reckon we will crack 20k for the next home game because I don't.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670