QPR Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Living where I do, I have friends who happen to Tree fans. One rang me on Friday and told me exactly how the match will turn if we are doing ok. He was spot on and said it will be players fault as well no GM's, just listen to his after match interview. Think he was spot on with everything he said. I dread what the next 3 or 4 games have in store for us.

Everyone seems to be slagging off Megson for the bad substitutions but has it occurred to anyone that Rudkin did exactly the same thing at the same time last week ... subbed Campbell with a defender ... so assuming Rudkin may have had a hand in the sub situation we should perhaps not be so harsh on his gingerness just yet ...

We didn't play last week. But assuming you mean the week before, I wasn't at the match and didn't follow it, but if I had done I may well have criticised Rudkin for the same reason - but it depends on how the match was going at the time whether it was a good move.

Megson was definitely responsible for the subs yesterday though, as soon as we scored I saw him tell Kishishev to start warming up, he didn't talk to anyone before doing that.

The one thing that slightly worries me, is that he talks about the need to bring in experience and the implication is that it will be at the expence of the young players.

The WBA fans I've been talking to say he has no interest at all in talent development, so that sounds likely. But I don't think he will stay long enough to ruin any careers. Once we are up, he can find another club (I hopeit will be soon at least!)

Well, did substitutions ever change a game like today. We took our attacking players off and put on defensive players and invited QPR to come & win it.

This they could have done quite easily if they had been a half decent side, but because they were sh*t they only got a draw. The substitutions negate any threat there was to their defence and allowed the defence to push up to the half way line. All we could do was sit there and wait for it to happen.

GM plays it this way and we will have to get used to it. I think we'll turn plenty of wins into draws or defeats at home. Away from home we'll be playing for a draw from the start. Come away from the match feeling as though we had lost rather than survived for a draw.

Talking to QPR fans in the pub after the match they were of the opinion that they were awful till we gave them hand into the game with the substitutions and they felt that in the end the could got away with a win never mind a draw. They reckon this is the worst QPR team for years and were grateful for any points they can get.

On this performance I can't see us getting a game at Villa this year in the Carling Cup. Just think if we had won we could be sitting in the top 6 this morning not near the bottom. Do you lot reckon we will crack 20k for the next home game because I don't.

Didn't see the game so I am not going to comment on the performance or tactics. But I will defend Megson, he didn't pick the side and that will mean that he didn't select the subs either, maybe his substitutions were based on his belief and assessment of the quality on the bench.

A fairer judgement will be on tuesday night when he has selected the starting XI and subs. Would not be surprised to see quite a few changes and possibly even a different formation.

I would not be surprised to see 2 or 3 new signings in very quickly.

Didn't see the game so I am not going to comment on the performance or tactics. But I will defend Megson, he didn't pick the side and that will mean that he didn't select the subs either, maybe his substitutions were based on his belief and assessment of the quality on the bench.

A fairer judgement will be on tuesday night when he has selected the starting XI and subs. Would not be surprised to see quite a few changes and possibly even a different formation.

I would not be surprised to see 2 or 3 new signings in very quickly.

i would agree if it was not for the fact the kop where shouting for cort to come off and MDV on 20 mins before he did (that was a shook )

Last edited:
i would agree if it was not for the fact the kop where shouting for cort to come off and MDV on 20 mins before he did (that was a shook )

Perhaps he doesn't rate MDV. I think we will see a very different team and subs bench on tuesday night.

Basically QPR were a very poor team and in fairness were never in the game untill Megson made the changes which basically meant that we were defending for the last 12-15 mins or so without an outlet up front. To sum up he changed the setup of a team that was not really under any pressure and was going to win, to a team where it was only a matter of time before they scored!! And we were lucky to get a draw. I still have an open mind about him but I have to say that if he keeps making changes like that he won't last long!!

Basically QPR were a very poor team and in fairness were never in the game untill Megson made the changes which basically meant that we were defending for the last 12-15 mins or so without an outlet up front. To sum up he changed the setup of a team that was not really under any pressure and was going to win, to a team where it was only a matter of time before they scored!! And we were lucky to get a draw. I still have an open mind about him but I have to say that if he keeps making changes like that he won't last long!!
:038::038::038::038::038:

i see the usuall suspects reaching for the razor blades

apart from not bringing cort off earlier than we did,yesterday was preety much what i expected.
hopefully gm is given some time to sort the squad out and move onwards and upwards.
people who are expecting immediate sucsess are crazy in my eyes.
the first third of the season should be spent giving gm an opputunity to sort the team out, ie strengths and weakness's, do we need any loans in etc.
the second third we should be looking to consolidate some performances and start playing to a set way.
the third and final run -in should hopefully see us push on for a play off place.
lets give everybody the support they need to move on.
im getting tired of the 'ginger haired twat brigade'

Last edited:
I would just like to say I thought the booing of Megson when he came out before the match to say his few words was bang out of order

im getting tired of the 'ginger haired twat brigade'

I would just like to say I thought the booing of Megson when he came out before the match to say his few words was bang out of order

I think (hope) you'll find that there are far more people who share this point of view than the view of those who are prepared to condemn immediately without even giving him a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669