Questions for the Foxes Trust

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are not representative.

If anything they represent a 'lowest common denominator' factor.

The Warnock situation is the classic example. There were prejudices against Warnock based on irrationalities. The FT dressed up those prejudices and served them up to Mandaric.

I imagine even the FT officials are just about bright enough to now appreciate the folly of their actions. Based on their track record, they should keep out of these situations and content themselves with lobbying on ticket prices etc.

We consulted our members over potential managers at the time & well over half of the replies to "name one manager you don't want" named Warnock, no other manager attracted a negative reaction above 10%, so it was a clear message

We represented those views, because it indicated that fans were more likely to turn on Warnock quickly if things didn't start well.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing & we don't really know how Warnock would have progressed at our club if he ever wanted the job, maybe the shortlist of potential signings which MA "authorised" put him off......

Thank goodness for that. Let's hope that the fans don't take the initiative of contacting the club directly.

It is easier to ignore an individual fans comments, than that of a fans organisation or organised fans forum (like the FCC) where unanswered questions can be re-visited & tracked if those taking part do their job properly.

We consulted our members over potential managers at the time & well over half of the replies to "name one manager you don't want" named Warnock, no other manager attracted a negative reaction above 10%, so it was a clear message

We represented those views, because it indicated that fans were more likely to turn on Warnock quickly if things didn't start well.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing & we don't really know how Warnock would have progressed at our club if he ever wanted the job, maybe the shortlist of potential signings which MA "authorised" put him off......

You never give any actual figures for how many members you have, how many voted etc which makes it difficult to believe that you had a clear message from fans that they were going to turn on Colin immediately. I don't like the bloke but I'm sure we would have had a far better season last year if he had been appointed and I'd take a winning manager over one I like any day.

You rule out candidates like JG and Colin based on your 'fans view' but never have a constructive comment about who would be a good appointment.

You had your chance to have a say in running the club when you had shares and a chance of getting on the board.

You never give any actual figures for how many members you have, how many voted etc which makes it difficult to believe that you had a clear message from fans that they were going to turn on Colin immediately. I don't like the bloke but I'm sure we would have had a far better season last year if he had been appointed and I'd take a winning manager over one I like any day.

You rule out candidates like JG and Colin based on your 'fans view' but never have a constructive comment about who would be a good appointment.
You had your chance to have a say in running the club when you had shares and a chance of getting on the board.

Same as on here then. :icon_bigg :icon_wink

What kind of ridiculous question was that to ask ?

What a complete feckin' shower :icon_roll

Last edited:
Same as on here then. :icon_bigg :icon_wink

I think there has been plenty of suggestions on here about who might be a good manager. The trouble is that few of them agree with the next man's.

Your response is another reminder as to how shallow and unimaginative your role is.

If you sink to the basest level, then you will be easily able to get confirmation that a lot of silly people have irrational prejudices. Thus, on the basis that Warnock had opened his big mouth about Leicester at the time of Administration then it was obvious that those prejudices would be aired.

However, the real challenge was to identify the best available manager to get Leicester out of the championship - and that person was Warnock. Your silliness has contributed to the bringing in of lesser managers who have got us out of the Championship - but not in the way we anticipated!

Given the wretchedness of the role you have played in the past - don't you think that you should now stay out of these matters?

So what's this then?

Unfortunately I cannot get on the trusts website so I have no clue what your link is about. If it is a report saying that mr. x is the best candidate for the job at city then I'll have to retract the statement that they don,t say who should be given the job. I have seen nothing to say that it will be however.

It is easier to ignore an individual fans comments, than that of a fans organisation or organised fans forum (like the FCC) where unanswered questions can be re-visited & tracked if those taking part do their job properly.
So what if there are lots of individual fans saying the same thing? Are you seriously suggesting that as they are not part of an organised fans group, the club will ignore them? Yet if the Disabled Supporters Association, for example, asked for blue loo roll in the toilets, the club would sit up and take notice?

So what if there are lots of individual fans saying the same thing? Are you seriously suggesting that as they are not part of an organised fans group, the club will ignore them? Yet if the Disabled Supporters Association, for example, asked for blue loo roll in the toilets, the club would sit up and take notice?

How would a number of individual fans know that other individual fans were complaining? - therefore it's easier to dismiss on a one by one basis (only had this from you kind of response).

A fans organisation already represents a group of members, so a complaint from the organisation already carries more weight, plus the organisation can gather opinions/reactions as a situation evolves & re visit the same topic using fresh input from different members.

The FCC as a body, can also re-visit topics more easily, although it would help if proper minutes were issued, as they used to be, rather than sketchy bullet points as per the last FCC notes, the FCC members will need to push for this with the new CE.

How would a number of individual fans know that other individual fans were complaining? - therefore it's easier to dismiss on a one by one basis (only had this from you kind of response).

A fans organisation already represents a group of members, so a complaint from the organisation already carries more weight, plus the organisation can gather opinions/reactions as a situation evolves & re visit the same topic using fresh input from different members.

The FCC as a body, can also re-visit topics more easily, although it would help if proper minutes were issued, as they used to be, rather than sketchy bullet points as per the last FCC notes, the FCC members will need to push for this with the new CE.
Well, season ticket prices is a good example. I'd already written to the club before you'd got your backsides into gear, and I know I wasn't the only one.

It will be interesting to see if the new CE is a bit more approachable than the last one....

Well, season ticket prices is a good example. I'd already written to the club before you'd got your backsides into gear, and I know I wasn't the only one.

It will be interesting to see if the new CE is a bit more approachable than the last one....
Oddly, I tend to think it was the flood of emails, letters and phone calls from supporters that ensured a price freeze this year as opposed to some ridiculous posturing and declarations that we'd only shift half the number of ST's that we sold last summer.

Considering two big issues, in fact, the only issues the Trust has stood up for in recent memory, have been the little campaign to block Warnock coming and a demand to reduce the club's main revenue stream I wonder how they can think they have any credibitily whatsoever?

As mad as Mandy may be, if I were him I'd have a pretty good idea who theTrust speak for - and lend them an equal level of credence.

Not sure what timescales you are referring too, the Trust's initial reaction to a planned increase was directly from our members at our AGM in February.

Agreed, we are talking to the Southampton Trust about their experience of working with Lee Hoos.

FT - What are the opinions of the FT and its members on the appointment of Nigel Pearson?

Oddly, I tend to think it was the flood of emails, letters and phone calls from supporters that ensured a price freeze this year as opposed to some ridiculous posturing and declarations that we'd only shift half the number of ST's that we sold last summer.

And that flood of e-mails followed the Trust making public the clubs plans to increase prices, it was not known prior to that

Considering two big issues, in fact, the only issues the Trust has stood up for in recent memory, have been the little campaign to block Warnock coming and a demand to reduce the club's main revenue stream I wonder how they can think they have any credibitily whatsoever?

We acted on our members feedback over Warnock & very few fans criticised us for initially triggering the campaign for a price freeze & then campaigning for a price reduction following relegation (from many fans we spoke to, the vast majority felt prices for League 1 football should be less than Championship rates).

We know much has been said about achieving 10k sales, but there is a hidden lost revenue talking about seat numbers, as we are aware of numerous fans who are indeed paying less for League 1 football, by moving to cheaper seats, so it will be interesting to get a breakdown of sales per price band & see how much % wise that has changed in favour of the cheaper priced ST's

Last edited:
And that flood of e-mails followed the Trust making public the clubs plans to increase prices, it was not known prior to that
Yea yea yea...we get it - you made a piece of information public. Well done.

The fact that you promptly did piss all afterwards, nor had any plan in place of what to do was risible. Eventually you decided you were going to do something but it was too late and then you compounded the mistake by inventing survey results to deliver a preposterous claim to the club that it would suffer a 50% drop in sales. The result of which means that you have killed any influence a Trust may have had for many a season.

Well done.

We acted on our members feedback over Warnock & very few fans criticised us for initially triggering the campaign for a price freeze & then campaigning for a price reduction following relegation (from many fans we spoke to, the vast majority felt prices for League 1 football should be less than Championship rates).
Bollocks.

"Spoke to"

Spoke to? Are you having a stand-up moment? You wandered around the stadium during the final home match of the season and spoke to fans? Did you bollocks. Neither the survey on Trust members feelings towards Warnock or the (whatever it was) meet and greet the public method of gathering data holds no weight whatsoever. As methods of gauging the opinion of the supporting body they were amateurish in the extreme.

We know much has been said about achieving 10k sales, but there is a hidden lost revenue talking about seat numbers, as we are aware of numerous fans who are indeed paying less for League 1 football, by moving to cheaper seats, so it will be interesting to get a breakdown of sales per price band & see how much % wise that has changed in favour of the cheaper priced ST's
Nice slide there.

Totally f*ck up on the "we'll only sell 50%" bollocks and so you move onto "everyone is downsizing their tickets"

"We are aware of numerous fans that..."

Give it a rest. Try carrying out structured surveys, you never know it could actually work out for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669