R.e.s.p.e.c.t

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the Age of Enlightenment was in the 18th Century? :102:

Facetious I know Stevie baby, but you could also argue that it has never ended. Especially considering the lack of enlightened thought on display.

Facetious I know Stevie baby, but you could also argue that it has never ended. Especially considering the lack of enlightened thought on display.

Verry ture. :icon_conf

Verry ture. :icon_conf

I only ever speak the trureth, especially when I'm shitfaced.
Next time I'm sober, I promise to start an enlightened thread inviting lurkers to join in and disregard syd's shite putting them off posting, as you and I know, everybody is welcome here on talkingballs.
What we will not stand for is anybody posting bollocks. Anybody posting shite is taken to task, just like in real life.
If you are not full of bollocks, you are more than welcome.
NOBODY is given a hard time here in comparison with real life, it really is as simple as that. Talk like a **** and you'll be treated like the **** you are.

Shitfaced and posting a rant at five in the morning - now there's something to earn everyone's r.e.s.p.e.c.t.

"There are things that I will never laugh at. The handicapped - because there’s nothing funny about them. Or any deformity. …At least the little handicapped fella is able minded… or sometimes not - it’s difficult to tell with the wheelchair ones."

You abuse people when you're being made to look a twat, which is almost always. That's how to lose an argument.

You make things up and present them as facts. That's how to lose an argument and look a complete bellend into the bargain.

A less tolerant website would have banned you for personal abuse or flaming.

(1) If you retrace your steps you'll find that I haven't used words like 'twat' or 'bellend' towards you in this thread, not today, yesterday, nor all of this week, in any exchange. That, I believe, constitutes more abuse than to mock you for being useless at insulting people.

(2) Again, what's so unbelievable about all of this? Didn't Richard III become king in 1483? If you're accusing someone of lying, you need to have the evidence, not me.

(3) I think you'll find you've employed quite a lot of personal abuse yourself at some point or another. Abuse which, if I were as sensitive as certain other people, I might consider racist, classist, homophobic and vulgar. To suggest that a person of mixed race is actually a white Fascist is far more serious than anything I've posted.

Blue Maniac and Macky need to show more r.e.s.p.e.c.t. towards people who aren't from their own social circle or, alternatively, conduct their private nudge-winkery via text, as opposed to publishing it on the web. However, the line about banning me for abusing people - well - I think that tells us everything we need to know about your politics. But you've got to love the hypocrisy.

Last edited:
Next time I'm sober, I promise to start an enlightened thread inviting lurkers to join in and disregard syd's shite putting them off posting, as you and I know, everybody is welcome here on talkingballs. Talk like a **** and you'll be treated like the **** you are.

I bet that'll be a pulsating thread. The 'Disregard Syd' thread. "Talk to me if you don't like him." What next? A petition? Banish Syd from Leicester!

The whole point of all of these exchanges is exactly this - that a lot of people don't post on this forum as much as they would because people attempt to belittle their opinions. It's either the BMs or the guys on Foxestalk... you always have a target.

However, if you can remind yourself - after sobbing into your cherry brandies all night long - that everyone SHOULD be welcome on a forum like this, then at the very least we've achieved something here.

Last edited:
(1) If you retrace your steps you'll find that I haven't used words like 'twat' or 'bellend' towards you in this thread, not today, yesterday, nor all of this week, in any exchange. That, I believe, constitutes more abuse than to mock you for being useless at insulting people.
I'm not calling you anything. I also believe you'll find that you've called people names several times when they've disagreed with you or demonstrated you to be wrong. If you deny this, you're a liar.
(2) Again, what's so unbelievable about all of this? Didn't Richard III become king in 1483? If you're accusing someone of lying, you need to have the evidence, not me.
It's nothing to do with your history lesson. It's about you making things up to 'win' arguments. And no, when you make your claims, especially absurd ones, the burden of proof lies with you. I don't have to prove anything.
(3) I think you'll find you've employed quite a lot of personal abuse yourself at some point or another. Abuse which, if I were as sensitive as certain other people, I'd consider racist, classist and vulgar. To suggest that a person of mixed race is actually a white Fascist is far more serious than anything I've posted.
Point out where I called you a Fascist of any colour. Point out where I said anything remotely racist, or classist. Can't? No. Because you lied. Again.
Blue Maniac and Macky need to show more r.e.s.p.e.c.t. towards people who aren't from their own social circle or, alternatively, conduct their private nudge-winkery via text, as opposed to publishing it on the web. However, the line about banning me for abusing people - well - I think that tells us everything we need to know about your politics. But you've got to love the hypocrisy.
I can't speak for Macky but I have a lot of time for people who come here and actually add to this place, people who engage in constructive conversation. However, those who, like you, come in with an abrasive "I know more than you so shut up because if you disagree with me you're a moron" attitude tend to get shot down. Easily. Like you.
The whole point of all of these exchanges is exactly this - that a lot of people don't post on this forum as much as they would because people attempt to belittle their opinions. It's either the BMs or the guys on Foxestalk... you always have a target.
But Syd, you were the one belittling people for their opinions. If you think people shouldn't be belittled for their opinions, maybe it would be helpful if you ****ed off?
However, if you can remind yourself - after sobbing into your cherry brandies all night long - that everyone SHOULD be welcome on a forum like this, then at the very least we've achieved something here.
We've achieved nothing, Syd, other than to determine that you are a liar and a delusional hypocrite with no self-awareness and a massive persecution complex. You strike me as the sort of person who, in real life, would run out of things to say and would try to 'win' all his arguments by reasserting what he's made up in his head and quickly shouting 'end of' to discourage further discussion.

Oh yes, one more thing. Stop with this bizarre, squalid fantasy world you've created whereby everyone who disagrees with you is an angry person crying into some beverage or other and hitting out at you on the internet because their life is depressing.

And your obsession with me is getting very disturbing. Just leave it, ok?

Can someone lock this ****ing thread now please? It's turned into one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read on this forum, and that's saying something. I'll be putting it on ignore, but won't someone please, please think of the children?!

Can someone lock this ****ing thread now please? It's turned into one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read on this forum, and that's saying something. I'll be putting it on ignore, but won't someone please, please think of the children?!
:icon_lol: I'm with you Rich. Please, somebody, kill it.

(1) If you retrace your steps you'll find that I haven't used words like 'twat' or 'bellend' towards you in this thread, not today, yesterday, nor all of this week, in any exchange.

Blue Maniac is a **** and a cockend.

True, not used the exact words, but the insult was on a similar line.

I disagree, it was phenomenally tedious.

Hi, am new to this, working overseas for a few weeks and unable to catch up much on City games. Like to read what people have to say tho. Can I say I don't agree with you on this - thought the thread was the best thing I've seen on here, not sure what any of it had to do with Leicester, just seemed like a load of people who hated each other. But some good put downs.
I reckon I know who syd is. Don't want to give him away but think he was my teacher, also think I know who a few other people are and if Im right you should read what he's put about himself and youll probably figure out who he is (think asian history teacher).
i dont know why hes so mad, but its kind of true what he says about some people shouting everyone down on here. it's a new year be happy!

Hi, am new to this, working overseas for a few weeks and unable to catch up much on City games. Like to read what people have to say tho. Can I say I don't agree with you on this - thought the thread was the best thing I've seen on here, not sure what any of it had to do with Leicester, just seemed like a load of people who hated each other. But some good put downs.
I reckon I know who syd is. Don't want to give him away but think he was my teacher, also think I know who a few other people are and if Im right you should read what he's put about himself and youll probably figure out who he is (think asian history teacher).
i dont know why hes so mad, but its kind of true what he says about some people shouting everyone down on here. it's a new year be happy!

Welcome Walter. :)

Looking through the threads this looks like the obvious one to write on, because I havent got anything to say about the game or new players, its better for me just to read them at the moment,but this thread doesn't seem to be about anything in particular. Think if I stick around here i might not have to wait too long till someone calls me a moron!

Hi Walter, welcome along. I agree, I also didn't find it at all tedious. A little tragic perhaps, but not tedious.
I don't agree with your final point though. There are no posters here that shout down anybody, never mind everybody.
As I said before:
...everybody is welcome here on talkingballs. Talk like a **** and you'll be treated like the **** you are.

I was just after demolishing a bottle of Bushmills and several exotic cigarettes when I posted that, but the point is solid. If you come here acting like a ****, you will be taken to task for it. If you come here with civility and respect, as you have yourself, then that is what you'll be given in return. That goes for all football fans, not just City fans, all are welcome.
It really is as simple as that, it is exactly the same as in real life.
You wouldn't expect to be able to walk into a pub full of regulars and start throwing your weight around and acting the goat.

I genuinely hope more lurkers have read this thread and have seen through the nonsense victimisation complex that syd has displayed and will realise that they are more than welcome to stop just reading and start posting, without any fear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669