R.e.s.p.e.c.t

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should read Fowler's English Usage. Or one of Orwell's essays on English stylistics.

I think the enlightened reader would have identified irony, once again, in what I was saying. None of us speaks perfect guvnor, best not get narky bout evryone elses English, or what the savages sing down the Walkers, cus if you do sum1 wots cleverer than u might make u look like a right knob.

Innocent? Is that you?

I wonder how Spon End is these days.....

If only Chandler was around to tell me.

Ooh, hang on.....

:icon_bigg

He's either doing an incredibly good impression or he really does sell marine supplies

Sounds familiar :icon_wink yet you keep coming back for more.

Are you not bored of this yet?

Absolutely not - and whoever the **** Chandler is I really don't know, though he obviously means a lot to the winky-face smiley-face uproar-cara brigade on here.

Absolutely not - and whoever the **** Chandler is I really don't know, though he obviously means a lot to the winky-face smiley-face uproar-cara brigade on here.
I can't figure out if you're an idiot or a genius. I'll assume the former until I'm shown evidence of the latter.

<RandomPoster1> RIPOSTE :icon_roll

Maybe it is time for me to start mentioning Hitler. :icon_roll Turn it in syd no-one is listening any more. :icon_conf

I'm listening. Could Syd please tell me about cottaging? Is it a verb? I think that he might be very likely to know the answer.

I'm listening. Could Syd please tell me about cottaging? Is it a verb? I think that he might be very likely to know the answer.

I think you should confront your sexuality rather than sublimate it via anonymous experiences in dangerous situations. :icon_conf

So if you said "My bum is pissing blood. I do enjoy to cottage", it would be accurate?

'Cottaging' is actually better in this sentence. 'Enjoy' is a verb which tends to take +ing endings as opposed to infinitives.

Not sure it's the sort of thing you'd wish to say to someone in the event of your backside bleeding, even if you do like that sort of thing. Whatever, it's better for you to be armed with grammatically accurate English for any such encounter. Good luck.

'Cottaging' is actually better in this sentence. 'Enjoy' is a verb which tends to take +ing endings as opposed to infinitives.

Not sure it's the sort of thing you'd wish to say to someone in the event of your backside bleeding, even if you do like that sort of thing. Whatever, it's better for you to be armed with grammatically accurate English for any such encounter. Good luck.
:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

:icon_bigg

Ooohya bastard! What a brilliant and ridiculous thread. Late contender for thread of the year just for it's utter pointlessness from start to finish.

Different gravy.

Incidentally, the reason for charity is pointless as long as the act itself helps...so I'm all for the hospital visits even if it is for publicity...the ends justify the means.

Syd, you are a bore.

Last edited:
Not so clever after all, Sydney, my old bean. You fell right into my trap.

'Accurate'? Surely u mean accur8? This is the intern8, silly sausage. U R 1 no no spellin. SVD!

There is no reason a sentence should not end in a preposition. It's an arbitrary guideline laid down by people who don't understand what prepositions are or what they do. You should read more.

Just don't go splitting infinitives. :018:

Ot is that no longer classed as a solecism since Star Trek boldly going?

Ooohya bastard! What a brilliant and ridiculous thread. Late contender for thread of the year just for it's utter pointlessness from start to finish.

Different gravy.

Incidentally, the reason for charity is pointless as long as the act itself helps...so I'm all for the hospital visits even if it is for publicity...the ends justify the means.

Syd, you are a bore.

Not boring. Anyone who calls me "one of Richard Dawkin's hussies" gets my attention. For the record I have never made any comment for or against Richard Dawkins on the forum . The only scholar I have praised on the forum was David Starkey in one thread and my theory is that Syd has confused a distinguished evolutionary biologist with a distinguished historian of the Tudor Court.

The thread began as worthy though slightluy dull. It then brought out excellent posts from among others Macky and Blue Maniac which always means a good thread. I hope they will not be offended when I say my favourite was from Pork Pie -
"Innocent is that you?"
I wish I had thought of that line. .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673