Racist Chanting

Status
Not open for further replies.
If a parent wants to smack their child then I have no problem with it as long as .....

A) Its deserved - as in the child has been seriously misbehaved and has been warned previously not to repeat such act.

B) The degree of force used is minimal to a point it literally is just a tap and on a clothed bottom!

Now come at me with your knives non believers. I will thwart them with my words!

Last edited:
I didn't put my point across well at all. Yes, racism should be confronted, no argument at all with that. I meant I found the tone of chrisFilters post a little confrontational, but maybe that was the point.

On this note, I'm ducking out of this...!

I wasn't trying to make light of your point, I'm sorry to hear that you have been made the subject of racist abuse for most of your life. The great thing about this forum, (and indeed at football matches), is that nowadays people are willing to confront the two of the three worst forms of abuse - racism and sexism. Hopefully, we will start to take homophobia seriously soon...probably the next generation? Hopefully sooner!

Your own personal freedom and liberty and the removal of those that would govern you to the nth degree is a bit of a nonsense. :icon_eek: Did you get your views on racism from your own observations or were they handed to you by some government department? :102:

That seems a little black and white - no pun intended. I'm no fan of the 'nanny state' but I do think the state (not the government, necessarily - particularly not the current clueless Tory muppets) is essential. I'm not suggesting the current situation is any good, but I don't think removal of the state the extent that libertarianism preaches would be a good thing. It would simply to serve to make the rich richer and the poor both poorer and far worse off in terms of living standards.

I fully support the welfare state and am a massive believer in the NHS. Compare us to the US. It can be ****ing ghastly over there. Libertarianism would be like a far, far nastier version of the current set up over there.

So, if you hit a child, who is not fully developed, in terms of bone/muscle structure and is going to be much weaker than a fully grown adult, with the same force as you hit a fully grown adult, only then would it be acceptable to compare the two?

It's not beating a woman with full force that's frowned upon, beating anyone is frowned upon, but plenty of people who are pro-smacking children are anti-hitting women with any kind of force, not just beating them as in a full force punch, but slapping them, or giving them a light punch or anything which is generally designed to cause physical pain to make a point (and it's the making of a point which you're doing when you're smacking a child).

Again, I don't think either is right, but it just seems a bit of a hypocrisy to me.

THIS in my book is punishable by death.

Damn why does everybody always see the white text when I put it in my messages :)

What other things can we start to discuss?

How about:

Elvis isnt dead

Princess Diana's death wasn't an accident

Aliens are real and live amongst us

did Martin Allen really shi*t in Mandaric's car

The great thing about this forum, (and indeed at football matches), is that nowadays people are willing to confront the two of the three worst forms of abuse - racism and sexism. Hopefully, we will start to take homophobia seriously soon...probably the next generation? Hopefully sooner!

If you think that racism, sexism and homophobia are the three worst forms of abuse, then you really are mentally challenged.

Where do we stand on gypsies? It seems ok for our fans to sing chants about them, is it because we aren't from Nottingham?

Where do we stand on gypsies? It seems ok for our fans to sing chants about them, is it because we aren't from Nottingham?

You're allowed to violently abuse them, so long as you don't leave a mark.

You're allowed to violently abuse them, so long as you don't leave a mark.

Ah, fair enough.

This thread is full of some right idiots on both sides. Generalisations never further anything, so comments like all the rioters were black, all black people play the race card, no black people play the race card, everyone from Nottingham is racist, anyone who complains about racism is a leftie pc brigader, anyone who says there are different levels of racism are bnp supporters etc do nothing for anyone.

It's the same as the term 'black', it is trying to label a non specific group with a specific label and is nonsense.

Dear Mr Panetta,

I have long considered waterboarding as a method of disciplining my three year old son when he has been naughty, but I am afraid that this will leave a mark. Can you ensure me that no signs of the procedure will be visible when I'm done?

Kind regards,
Worried father.

If I were to say to the children in my class that is is ok to pick on some children but not others, they would find it difficult to see the blurred lines. The idiots in society need to be treated the same.

Was there a public outcry or did we report our own fans when they racially abused George Boyd? Or for the homophobic chants at Brighton fans? Do we correct our friend in the pub who tell racially insensitive jokes?

All we are, as a society, perpetuating is that it is OK to verbally abuse some people but not others, and that some it is ok to do so, so long as it is a joke. We cannot honestly expect people with the obviously lower IQ to differentiate between which is which surely?

Ha, fair enough, I was obviously too quick to jump on it. Sorry. This forum makes me a little jumpy about the topic of race.

If I don't like a programme on telly, I don't keep watching it.
If this forum makes you feel a little jumpy, then you know what to do!

If I don't like a programme on telly, I don't keep watching it.
If this forum makes you feel a little jumpy, then you know what to do!

Oh cock off. I think the last 32 pages of this thread demonstrate that it's more than fair enough to have the conversations we've been having. It's clearly something people feel strongly about and it's always worth challenging ignorance.

Ah, fair enough.

This thread is full of some right idiots on both sides. Generalisations never further anything, so comments like all the rioters were black, all black people play the race card, no black people play the race card, everyone from Nottingham is racist, anyone who complains about racism is a leftie pc brigader, anyone who says there are different levels of racism are bnp supporters etc do nothing for anyone.

It's the same as the term 'black', it is trying to label a non specific group with a specific label and is nonsense.

I didn't say 'no black people play the race card'. I've not actually made any of the generalisations you suggest. I have called a couple of people ignorant and idiots, mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669