Ranieri

Status
Not open for further replies.
..and undoubtedly a progression in which Cambiasso led the way.

As Cambiasso left before we stepped up again, would you say Cambiasso was more important in the longer-term future of the club than, say, an international manager like Ranieri? I'm on the fence as to which is a longer-term statement of intent.

As Cambiasso left before we stepped up again, would you say Cambiasso was more important in the longer-term future of the club than, say, an international manager like Ranieri? I'm on the fence as to which is a longer-term statement of intent.

Nobody ever walked a mile before he had taken a first step. But I think that the owners for the first time believe that they can proceed with their plans without people clamouring for the status quo. And I think Cambiasso's contribution has been that people have seen that there is another world out there. Rather than tampering around the edges, it seems a whole new book is being written.

Are any of the six signings Ranieri ones, or were they all in the pipeline before he arrived?
Based on past experience, the club will have been tracking targets for many months. Surely Pearson and his team identified what they needed long ago. I seem to remember Okazaki's name linked well before Pearson left.

All the new blood looks goodand I'm sure Ranieri has had a part to play in getting them over the line but can anyone really claim they are HIS signings.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Nobody ever walked a mile before he had taken a first step. But I think that the owners for the first time believe that they can proceed with their plans without people clamouring for the status quo. And I think Cambiasso's contribution has been that people have seen that there is another world out there. Rather than tampering around the edges, it seems a whole new book is being written.
A new edition of Of Fossils and Foxes in the pipeline?

A new edition of Of Fossils and Foxes in the pipeline?

It's a very long pipe. I wouldn't expect it any sooner than 5 years hence.

The days of signings being made from the say so of managers is long gone.

Maybe they will give final clearance but I doubt many signings are down to the manager and who they want.

One area the manager is key is in the influence they have on the player making the move. I'm sure at least two of our new lads have mentioned him specifically since signing.

The days of signings being made from the say so of managers is long gone.

Maybe they will give final clearance but I doubt many signings are down to the manager and who they want.

One area the manager is key is in the influence they have on the player making the move. I'm sure at least two of our new lads have mentioned him specifically since signing.
As seems to be proved with our Summer activity. All are good additions, in the areas we needed to strengthen most (I'm sure the club were gearing up for Cambiasso's departure after the final whistle of the final game).

We're all happy. Ranieri was not involved but is happy because he has inherited a good core of players and a pipeline of signings planned and players identified months ago that has mostly come to fruition.

All points to excellent infrastructure and scouting which we absolutely must keep in place above everything in my opinion.

A manager usually brings his own staff when he is appointed. They are the people he is comfortable with and who think the same way. This has obvious advantages but it also has major disadvantages .

Nigel and Shakey have shared the same football experiences as to a lesser extent has Steve Walsh Sr, Claudio has a totally different range of experiences and provided that he gives proper weight to their views this should be an advantage. Claudio has already said that the training is not the set up he expected but has accepted Craig's methods. Great.

The Ranieri PR machine is really on overdrive. I think it's all starting to get a bit silly now.

I liked the Kasabian reference but it is starting to feel like the Claudio show with the handshakes, soundbite every day and now this.

Perhaps it's a strategy to take the spotlight off the players but I suspect it's more of an ego.

Sorry to rain on the parade. I'm loving the football I just worry this could all turn from respect to ridicule before long.

I don't see anything wrong with that myself.

The point he is making is entirely valid.

It's also possible that we are used to the inept way NP 'dealt' with the media and that this level of openness is quite normal.

At least Ranieri talks to the media. The last manager in charge was a right miserable git. More talk = better coverage in press and TV. Bigger spotlight makes us more attractive to new players etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669