Ranieri

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd have thought the two major draws for a player are the money being paid and the likelihood of winning matches. I couldn't give a **** about the way Pearson or Ranieri give interviews - they could do them in clown suits throwing monkey shit into the faces of the assembled contingent for all I care. This has to be the least important aspect to the job.

In retrospect I suspect that Pearson would have been removed even without the Thai tour incident.

Given his exceptional achievements this would make his dismissal a very bold move.

Other then sharing the same job title its difficult to identify many similarities between Ranieri and Pearson. Ranieri looks more suitable for promoting their brand including advancing the position of the club.

But bold moves are almost always risky moves - so it will be fascinating how this turns out.

I'd have thought the two major draws for a player are the money being paid and the likelihood of winning matches. I couldn't give a **** about the way Pearson or Ranieri give interviews - they could do them in clown suits throwing monkey shit into the faces of the assembled contingent for all I care. This has to be the least important aspect to the job.

Maybe, but I'm missing NP's talent for making nobodies like Stringer and Murphy look like even bigger cnuts than they are already.

I'm absolutely loving the guy so far tbh and I was a big Pearson fan too.

Don't see any of his interviews as PR spin, they just seem openly honest and passionate to me and he seems to buy into exactly what the owners are looking to achieve but also remain grounded at the same time.

Some may come across lost in translation, such as the 'our goal this year is 1 point more than last year', but if you realise English isn't his first language, he speaks a hell of a lot of sense.

The only negative I can find so far is that everything seems a bit too perfect and much like the end of last season, it never lasts forever.

You reckon you'll take more to Charlton tomorrow than the paltry 500 you took to Wolves last week?

Personally I have never warmed to the thought off going to Wolves since they nicked my scarf off me in the late 60"s.

Cathy,

I wasn't going to open the thread...but i'm bored.

If you are going to start a thread could you at least explain to us poor sods who open it what you are trying to say please?

33-1 has been on offer for Southampton to be relegated this season. Worth a punt on this outside chance? It was pretty amazing how they coped with the loss of so many key players last season. But factor in the injuries which you mention and they may well continue to struggle this season. Ultimately there is likely to be a big price to pay for losing so much talent. I doubt if any club has an adequate conveyor belt of emerging talent to be able to continue to make progress in these circumstances.

I had a £5 at 50/1 after we beat them last season ;-)

Isn't it obvious? When Napoli is a declined backwater of a port town, overrun with uncollected rubbish, industrial strife and petty criminals, Cath objects to Leicester being likened to it when he has a much better example close to hand.

Cathy,

I wasn't going to open the thread...but i'm bored.

If you are going to start a thread could you at least explain to us poor sods who open it what you are trying to say please?
Instead of quoting a previous post in an existing thread, he chose to start a new thread with a crappy title and a crappy first post. That's trolling for you.

Good to see it merged into the appropriate thread by a mod though. Even better if it had been deleted.

Instead of quoting a previous post in an existing thread, he chose to start a new thread with a crappy title and a crappy first post. That's trolling for you.

Good to see it merged into the appropriate thread by a mod though. Even better if it had been deleted.
The 'Ignore' function works brilliantly on the new forum. It's like she doesn't even exist.

Isn't it obvious? When Napoli is a declined backwater of a port town, overrun with uncollected rubbish, industrial strife and petty criminals, Cath objects to Leicester being likened to it when he has a much better example close to hand.

Naples has a magnificent History lovely architecture, superb museums, wonderful food and the best looking women(apart from Aylestone Village - added hastily).
Nevertheless JB you are right. It is a hellhole. It is totally dysfunctional and tour companies are reluctant to go there - "an unacceptable level of risk."

Serious question DG (I lived in Aylestone years ago) - where is Aylestone Village?

Same place really, it's just the village has since been consumed by the City so it's not really referred to it as that but I'd imagine Davie G is referring to the area around St Andrews church to the old bowling green off the main road and the meadows.

Can't really say I've seen some of the best looking women in the world there although I feel that might be a woosh on my part.

Same place really, it's just the village has since been consumed by the City so it's not really referred to it as that but I'd imagine Davie G is referring to the area around St Andrews church to the old bowling green off the main road and the meadows.

Can't really say I've seen some of the best looking women in the world there although I feel that might be a woosh on my part.
Perhaps DG lives in said place, and had wife reading over shoulder....

Isn't the conservation area in Aylestone called Aylestone Village? I've not spent enough time there to have an opinion on the manifest charms of its women but I dare say that Mr G, being the gent he is, was either referring to a Mrs G or simply embiggening the women of his neighbourhood.

Aylestone, where I hail from.The ' Black Horse', had quite a few pints in that place. in my youth and the 'Union' still use them when I have been back to Leicester. St. Michaels very imposing. 'Coalpit Lane' the road that ran from Aylestone Road by the 'Union' and St. Michaels, over the canal and towards Braunstone. Why we knew it as that I do not know. Many memories, but I don't remember the girls being anything special, though I tried one or two.

Serious question DG (I lived in Aylestone years ago) - where is Aylestone Village?

Off topic and just a response to Camberwell's question. I should point out that I am not a local historian.

Aylestone Village is the old area round St Andrews Church as opposed to the area along Aylestone Road linking the village to the city.
Wikipedia says "This area, around the parish church, retains much of the former village character and is referred to as 'the village' or 'old Aylestone' by local residents."

Aylestone Road simply refers to the route stage coaches would take to go from Leicester to Aylestone Village

The village was outside the city boundary until 1891. The name does not refer to a "stone" but the village belonging to "Ayle" - probably a local headman. It was mentioned in the Domesday Book and was separate enough to back the King when Leicester backed Parliament in 1645. The separate identity of the village became acute when the council wanted to build on the Aylestone Meadows about five years ago against the wishes of people in the village.

One easy way of telling a village within a modern city is the presence of a medieval church as in Humberstone Village and Evington Village.

Off topic and just a response to Camberwell's question. I should point out that I am not a local historian.

Aylestone Village is the old area round St Andrews Church as opposed to the area along Aylestone Road linking the village to the city.
Wikipedia says "This area, around the parish church, retains much of the former village character and is referred to as 'the village' or 'old Aylestone' by local residents."

Aylestone Road simply refers to the route stage coaches would take to go from Leicester to Aylestone Village

The village was outside the city boundary until 1891. The name does not refer to a "stone" but the village belonging to "Ayle" - probably a local headman. It was mentioned in the Domesday Book and was separate enough to back the King when Leicester backed Parliament in 1645. The separate identity of the village became acute when the council wanted to build on the Aylestone Meadows about five years ago against the wishes of people in the village.

One easy way of telling a village within a modern city is the presence of a medieval church as in Humberstone Village and Evington Village.

Thanks for that. Many moons ago I lived on Burgess Road off the "Saff". Now, I've heard the Saff referred to as many interesting things but Aylestone Village not being one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669