Ranieri's Replacement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Lewis in a side that beat Chelsea....wow

Rowett did a very good job at Burton and was impressive with Brum given the paucity of resource there. He's a good manager. But he hasn't done enough to be considered for this job in my view.

Pearson too stubborn for his own good when his son rightfully got the boot for racist behaviour

1. Tom Hopper was the only person in the video using claimed racist terms. Pearson did not.
2. James Pearson was having sex with some of ten hookers, along with two team mates and being recorded by an unnamed third team mate.
3. There is no report of what NP said to the owners after the event, just a variety of journos (who weren't there) giving different tales.

I don't know, but football died yesterday.
Football died decades ago - if it was ever alive in the first place. The faux sentimentality of the harshness of CR's treatment lies in the minds of the perceivers and nothing more.

I wish someone would treat me harshly by paying me millions and then telling me to take a holiday.

Funny thing with people turning their nose up at Rowett, some of our best managers have come through that route, both Little and O'Neill came through the lower leagues. However if we were to take a chance on a manager from the championship then the stand out candidates for me would have to be Wagner and Stam.

Funny thing with people turning their nose up at Rowett, some of our best managers have come through that route, both Little and O'Neill came through the lower leagues. However if we were to take a chance on a manager from the championship then the stand out candidates for me would have to be Wagner and Stam.

Both O'Neill and Little made much bigger strides than Rowett has, taking non-league clubs to the third tier in consecutive seasons.

Rowett has been impressive with both clubs he has managed but didn't hang around at Burton for long enough to achieve promotion and never really got close with Birmingham. There are good reasons given Brum's lack of resource, but the point stands.

I think he'll prove to be a fine manager, but I think he is a good job at a bigger Championship club away from being an exciting prospect for a Premier League club.

Clearly don't need much of a CV to get a prem job if that's the case.

Please, not somebody off the failure merry go round e.g. Pardew. Gary Monk might be a good shout - Prem league experience (plus we might need somebody with Championship experience next season) and if you can sort Leeds out then you might stand a chance with the bunch of prima donnas at LCFC.
I'm sort of hoping that it's somebody that I'd never heard of before like Wenger, Pochettino or Marco Silva.

Jaap Stam, whilst interesting, has a philosophy that wouldn't fit us at this point in time.
Reading have become THE possession team in the championship. We don't have time or the players to do this in the prem.

I would have hoped and thought we were quite a way down the road of recruitment considering we have just sacked our best manager ever ffs?

I would have hoped and thought we were quite a way down the road of recruitment considering we have just sacked our best manager ever ffs?

Maybe not the owners, or genius Rdkin - but I would imagine the players have a list of candidates, so we'll be ok

Unfortunately I don't believe it to be the case.

Doomed and ferked

I just have a feeling that they'll give Shakey the Liverpool and Hull games, and if he gets at least 4 points they'll give him the job to the end of the season with the view to full time.

Or if the next two games don't go to plan, I think they'll bring back Pearson.

I just have a feeling that they'll give Shakey the Liverpool and Hull games, and if he gets at least 4 points they'll give him the job to the end of the season with the view to full time.

Or if the next two games don't go to plan, I think they'll bring back Pearson.
If that's the extent of the plan then we really are stupid, deluded and what's more doomed to relegation.

If that's the extent of the plan then we really are stupid, deluded and what's more doomed to relegation.

Rightly or wrongly, I think the players will start playing under Shakespeare. I guess we'll see on Monday.

For the players sake I hope they do, because if they show the same level of effort and application as the past few months, they will get absolutely slaughtered. And rightly so.

The main quality the new manager needs is to be liked by the players.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669