Reading 0 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Therefore, if we lose it may well be understandable?

If we play well and lose to a better team then that is understandable. If we continue to start with players who are failing to perform then this isnt understandable and needs to be rectified immediately.

I would just like to point out that im not actually negative on a regular basis, I spend most of my time arguing with my dad over how we are better than he say's, I cannot however pretend tonight's performance was in any way good.

I do actually believe we will raise our game on Friday, we have a horrible record of lowering our game to lesser opposition, but also a good one of raising it against a better team.

I fecking hope so anyway otherwise we will be just as embarrased as Derby were on TV this weekend.

Oakley needs to be in the centre with wellens,but adams or nguessen on the wing,if oakley is played in the right position he plays well.

I don't like being negative,

Yes, you do. It's your frisson. Whatever turns you on, mate. You and 95% of Leicester 'fans'.

You love to diss. Wassup?

WE WON. WE'RE DOING GOOD. Get your sad head around it. PLEASE.

<shakes head in disbelief>

Yes, you do. It's your frisson. Whatever turns you on, mate. You and 95% of Leicester 'fans'.

You love to diss. Wassup?

WE WON. WE'RE DOING GOOD. Get your sad head around it. PLEASE.

<shakes head in disbelief>

Please don't try and label me, you have no idea of my overall view of the squad.

I had you down as fairly interlectual but If you cannot tell the difference between a view on a pathetic and lackluster performance and an overall possitive view of the squad then maybe I should adjust my view?

Tonight was dross, and I cannot take any person seriously who thinks otherwise.

Fair enough lako, I understand why people are disappointed with tonight's performance, but some people just seem to be getting so stressed about it. Personally I've not been this happy as a Leicester fan for years, can't understand why people are making posts that seemed so anger filled when we're in the position we are in.

Puleeese, can we get this into perspective?

We are now 4 points off the top, in a season where we have just been promoted. Logically, we have no right to be there. But we are.

Now, as we Scousers say, can we just all calm down? Chill.

Nigel Pearson knows what he's doing. Otherw*s* we wouldn't be where we are. And frankly we have no right to be where we are.

We are performing above our capabilities. Maybe. The stats would say that.

But we are in the frame. That has to be decent, if not good, considering where we've come from.

We are not a Premiership side. That will take time. But we are doing extremely well in the Championship, against all odds.

Let's give credit where it's due.

Nigel Pearson is our best manager since MoN.

Last edited:
Please don't try and label me, you have no idea of my overall view of the squad.

I had you down as fairly interlectual but If you cannot tell the difference between a view on a pathetic and lackluster performance and an overall possitive view of the squad then maybe I should adjust my view?

Tonight was dross, and I cannot take any person seriously who thinks otherw*s*.

We won.

Just got back from the game, absolute shocking performance and were lucky to nick the 3 points. McGivern is totally useless and Neilson should quit the game, he is worse than Maybury!

Great atmosphere in the away end though but the overall stadium attendance was shocking. Lucky 3 points.

Puleeese, can we get this into perspective?

We are now 4 points off the top, in a season where we have just been promoted. Logically, we have no right to be there. But we are.

Now, as we Scousers say, can we just all calm down? Chill.

Nigel Pearson knows what he's doing. Otherw*s* we wouldn't be where we are. And frankly we have no right to be where we are.

We are performing above our capabilities. Maybe. The stats would say that.

But we are in the frame. That has to be decent, if not good, considering where we've come from.

We are not a Premiership side. That will take time. But we are doing extremely well in the Championship, against all odds.

Let's give credit where it's due.

Nigel Pearson is our best manager since MoN.

If we give credit where it's due, then surely we should criticize what we see as flaws as well? Wouldn't you, especially as a journalist, say it would be a very narrow and unbalanced discussion if all we can judge a manager on is the league table position?

Pearson has done many great things and he has done mistakes as well, as have all the players. Why shouldn't we talk about both?

Just got back from the game, absolute shocking performance and were lucky to nick the 3 points. McGivern is totally useless and Neilson should quit the game, he is worse than Maybury!

Great atmosphere in the away end though but the overall stadium attendance was shocking. Lucky 3 points.

GET IN!!!!! :038::038::038:

u have to get lucky sometimes

Last edited:
If we give credit where it's due, then surely we should criticize what we see as flaws as well? Wouldn't you, especially as a journalist, say it would be a very narrow and unbalanced discussion if all we can judge a manager on is the league table position?

Pearson has done many great things and he has done mistakes as well, as have all the players. Why shouldn't we talk about both?

Leicester supporters pride themselves on negativity.

What mistakes has Pearson made? Or the players? We are punching beyond our weight. We are doing great.

This reminds me of the famous story told by George Best. He was interviewed after spending the night with Miss World. The interviewer began by saying, "So, George, where did it all go wrong?"

How not to be a journalist!

Last edited:
What mistakes has Pearson made? Or the players?

Are you joking? They're making plenty of mistakes every match. Do you want me to be more specific? Pearson should have subbed McGivern/played Berner from the start as McGivern was clearly out of his depth tonight.

Our defensive was a complete disaster.

Matty Fryatt should have scored on at least one of his chances.

Etc etc.

Now of course they're doing plenty of good things too, which is clearly reviewed after every game. There is even a "Don't go to Boro"-thread for Pearson, would there have been one for someone we don't want in charge?

What amazes me is that as soon as we're doing better than people expected by the start of the season, our right to criticize any decisions made by the manager seems to disappear.

And frankly we have no right to be where we are.

What on earth are you talking about? Why don't we deserve to be where we are? We have every right to be where we are in the table because of the results we've gotten so far this season, simple as that, just as Ipswich deserve to be at the bottom and Newcastle deserve to be at the top.

But whilst I'm very happy at a lot of our results this season and I'm happy we managed to turn an absolutely dire performance into a result tonight, I was extremely disappointed with the team tonight. They were plain awful and should've been beaten by about 4 or 5 goals. If we play like that for every other game of the season we will soon slide down the table as other teams will take advantage.

I fully agree with Lako - we should give credit where credit is due, but we should also criticise as well. Too many people have got their blue tinted spectacles on tonight and if you think Pearson will be happy with the performance tonight then you're deluded.

Aside from spanking Sunderland 5-2, I can't ever recall us looking like Barcelona while under MON. We were always the fighter with the broken nose, cracked tooth and busted lip that kept on swinging. Yes it was ugly, but we got through the last round. I'm starting to see a similar ethic in the current squad. The defense might have been turned a few times tonight, but when they were they didn't give up. Yes, a few shots could and should have gone it, but there was no more staring at the player once they had gotten past. The lads still kept fighting.

Our team may not be pretty, but then again, I've seen some ugly bastages with well fit birds. Maybe that's us under Nigel? I wouldn't be suprised if we kick QPR off the park.

We got hammered ,they threw everything they had at us.
Thank god for for the wonderkid and some of the most stubborn defenders you could ever wish for.
I cant wait till we start playing well again.

Leicester supporters pride themselves on negativity.

What mistakes has Pearson made? Or the players? We are punching beyond our weight. We are doing great.

This reminds me of the famous story told by George Best. He was interviewed after spending the night with Miss World. The interviewer began by saying, "So, George, where did it all go wrong?"

How not to be a journalist!

Yer and then he died by drinking himself to death, sounds to me like the journo new his stuff.

Yet again the wrong starting 11 but a wins a win. We'll need to not select 4 central players in midfield if we fancy winning on Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669