Post Match Reading 3 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macky

Gruntled Member
Consolation goal from Danns yourself dizzy

I don't really understand what has to happen for us to get any kind of consistency.

Time to ditch all the players that NP doesn't expect to be part of the squad for next season and begin to build for next year.

Going backwards at a nice comfortable rate

Pile of shite

Season definitely over now, as usual, if we won against Bristol we could have been contenders for the play-offs, unfortunately, not anymore.

Not worth spoiling your Saturday night over... that's a lesson learned many seasons ago.

Didn't we lose to these under Sven?

I loved having Sven as manager, but he is history and therefore irrelevant. The fact is that, for most of last season, and the beginning of this, we were, frustratingly, just outside the top six, and now we're hoping for a top half finish. It is hard to see how this can be other than going backwards.

Neil Danns reckons that Nigel got the hairdryer out at half time.
I can see a number of changes for the Birmingham game. He was not a happy chappie when Stringer interviewed him. RL are about to repeat yhe interview in the next 5 minutes or so

Neil Danns reckons that Nigel got the hairdryer out at half time.
I can see a number of changes for the Birmingham game. He was not a happy chappie when Stringer interviewed him. RL are about to repeat yhe interview in the next 5 minutes or so

But, yelling is easy: I could do that! Shouldn't Nigel Pearson take some responsibility? His response was to give Howard 45 minutes! (I am not having a go at Steve Howard, he has been a good servant to the club, but the operative phrase is 'has been')

I think the Howard substition at half time smacked of desparation. Time to ditch him as if there's one thing that is consistant about us it is that bringing Steve Howard on as a sub is consistantly ineffective.

It's hard to pinpoint exactly where things are going wrong, perhaps it's just going to take time to allow Nigel to form a cohesive unit. Give him the off season to get rid of the driftwood and hopefully bring in onr or two more exciting new and hungry players who want to be successful and see where we go from there the season after. Our defence still needs sorting one way or another and I'm still not sure about Beckford who clearly has a touch of class but doesn't show it often enough and is more often than not just fecking bone idle.

I'd like to see more of Tom Hopper, he will have a fire in his belly and now that the league season is petering out for us it gives an ideal chance to give players like him a bit of experience..

I loved having Sven as manager, but he is history and therefore irrelevant. The fact is that, for most of last season, and the beginning of this, we were, frustratingly, just outside the top six, and now we're hoping for a top half finish. It is hard to see how this can be other than going backwards.

We were are further into the season and so gaps between places widen, it happens every year. For those of you who don't attend it would be easy to assume we are going backwards. But for those who do attend, the performances, in general, have been much improved.

I always expected a defeat today. They are the best team in the league on current form and, even though we usually raise our game for the 'bigger' fixtures this season, I always though it was going to a huge task to get anything today.

That said 1-0 down at half time, I would have expected something a bit more inspiring than Howard as an attempt to rescue something from the game. Still think we are a full pre season and a couple of players from being a promotion outfit but this season is done and dusted. We should look to play only the players that we are looking got move forward with in order to give them a bit of time to gel together.

Simply not anywhere near where we need to be, Reading continually take the piss out of us...

I always expected a defeat today.

So did I. What I didn't expect was the manner of the defeat and that the players seemed to think it was a foregone conclusion as well.

Have the players decided that this season is now basicly dead and are just going through the motions, as it were?

Have the players decided that this season is now basicly dead and are just going through the motions, as it were?

I wondered that before the game. In spite of the up beat talk something told me that they would fold without much of a fight.

We're into the serious business now. Pearson has to deliver on producing a squad genuinely able to challenge next season for the top six. This season has been all about talk from the first day of the season (Cov away) when I had the misfortune to hear Stringer speaking in terms of awe about the super strength of our squad through to the empty talk even this week from players still claiming that now was the time to turn words into action.

Leicester City has become all about hype and little about delivery.

I don't like Reading, I don't like the football team, and I don't like the fans. Horrible place, full of horrible, little people. Part of me wishes they do get promoted so I don't have to go there next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566