Post Match Reading 3 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
He hates Pearson, no other reason.

No: I said that I hope that Redditch is right - and I meant it. I have made no secret of the fact that NP would not have been my first (or second!) choice of manager, but if he isn't given a decent amount of time, there is little reason to assume that his replacement would be either.

I simply do not think that our owners are looking for the long haul to success: as I said before, I hope that I am wrong.

No: I said that I hope that Redditch is right - and I meant it. I have made no secret of the fact that NP would not have been my first (or second!) choice of manager, but if he isn't given a decent amount of time, there is little reason to assume that his replacement would be either.

I simply do not think that our owners are looking for the long haul to success: as I said before, I hope that I am wrong.

I wouldn't have had NP back but think the club needs to stick with a manager for at least 3 seasons to allow a building process and since he's in the job he'd better get on with it.

The Thai owners have no experience of running this type of business, they are used to buying 100% exclusivity businesses and running them at a profit with no competition, they may or may not be committed to the club (it is noticeable that all the investment is in the form of club debt) but they are probably out of their depth and haven't surrounded themselves with 'experienced football people'.

Which owners have put money into a club not in the form of debt?

Which owners have put money into a club not in the form of debt?

None for a while at Leicester, a few at other clubs that don't make such a big deal about how much they are investing.

He said he didn't want it back before he died

Fair enough, so we have a team who have consistently failed to invest and who else? There are no golden goose investors who will pump in the money needed to match supporter's expectations and to mount a challenge for promotion for no return.

Fair enough, so we have a team who have consistently failed to invest and who else? There are no golden goose investors who will pump in the money needed to match supporter's expectations and to mount a challenge for promotion for no return.

Want to change your point again, money has gone into clubs like Wigan, qpr, etc as owner investments, I'm not going to research every teams finances just because you can't accept some owners do invest in clubs.

All exceptions to the 'modern day' rule.

Yeah, why not ask who's put 50 billion into a club this week? Clubs like Swansea are run under proper going concern agendas but just keep moving the goal posts.

Want to change your point again, money has gone into clubs like Wigan, qpr, etc as owner investments, I'm not going to research every teams finances just because you can't accept some owners do invest in clubs.

Where have I changed my point? I was arguing against your comment that our owners are doing it as debt. I still can't see many, if any, current owners doing it, and certainly not at successful clubs. I understand that you want us to be a nice little club who only spends what we take in and never stretch ourselves or have anyone other than a die-hard fan as chairman, but unfortunately that does equate to success.

As for not wanting to research other club's finances, surely you already have? How else could you claim to know what their chairmen are doing?

Where have I changed my point? I was arguing against your comment that our owners are doing it as debt. I still can't see many, if any, current owners doing it, and certainly not at successful clubs. I understand that you want us to be a nice little club who only spends what we take in and never stretch ourselves or have anyone other than a die-hard fan as chairman, but unfortunately that does equate to success.

As for not wanting to research other club's finances, surely you already have? How else could you claim to know what their chairmen are doing?

Swansea!!!

Swansea!!!

OK, I'll agree on Swansea. And possibly Wigan. But it has taken Swansea a long, long time to get any success and Wigan have spent a lot to constantly under-achieve. Where is this owner for Leicester? Who do you see as a more viable option for us?

Their second and third goals were both down the left with Peltier getting beaten by his man. We really need to address this area next season.

Spot on.

Contrary to (it seems) popular belief I don't think Peltier is actually any good and he's really been caught out this season on a number of occasions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669