Post Match Reading 3 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on.

Contrary to (it seems) popular belief I don't think Peltier is actually any good and he's really been caught out this season on a number of occasions.

Peltier is getting worse as the season goes on, some competition at right back is definitely needed.

There are probably some very good tax reasons why money is put in as a debt.

I can't really see one, unless the club is making a profit. Which isn't the case for any club except Blackpool in the Championship.

I wouldn't have had NP back but think the club needs to stick with a manager for at least 3 seasons to allow a building process and since he's in the job he'd better get on with it.

No manager would get three seasons to turn things round- not unless he owned the club! But all the advice from top managers and most of the evidence of the effects of chopping and changing suggests that managers should be given a decent amount of time. If the owners and fans can manage some patience I think that Pearson should be given the summer and then a full season. In reality I think that he will need to show some signs of improvement by the end of October.

On the owners - well there is no sign that they are going to walk away. But there again there wouldn't be until they actually do it. What's for certain is that the current lack of financial sustainability and mounting debt is a potentially dangerous situation - which looks like it could only be cured by promotion asap.

No manager would get three seasons to turn things round- not unless he owned the club! But all the advice from top managers and most of the evidence of the effects of chopping and changing suggests that managers should be given a decent amount of time. If the owners and fans can manage some patience I think that Pearson should be given the summer and then a full season. In reality I think that he will need to show some signs of improvement by the end of October.

On the owners - well there is no sign that they are going to walk away. But there again there wouldn't be until they actually do it. What's for certain is that the current lack of financial sustainability and mounting debt is a potentially dangerous situation - which looks like it could only be cured by promotion asap.

The same people who banged on about Mandaric leaving us in the shit are doing the same now, it ended up fine when he left and we have absolutely no reason to believe it won't end up fine this time, unless we are deliberately choosing to assume worst case scenarios.

The same people who banged on about Mandaric leaving us in the shit are doing the same now, it ended up fine when he left and we have absolutely no reason to believe it won't end up fine this time, unless we are deliberately choosing to assume worst case scenarios.

Agreed, although we do now have considerably more debt.

I know people love doom mongering, but at the end of the day anyone who actually worries about our current situation needs to take a step out into the real world. No, it's clearly not sustainable, and yes, we're clearly gambling on promotion, but surely that's a good thing, and it's certainly far more interesting than sitting in the middle of what is a fairly shite league.

If the bubble bursts tomorrow and we're the first large club to go nun'nights then so be it...

Agreed, although we do now have considerably more debt.

I know people love doom mongering, but at the end of the day anyone who actually worries about our current situation needs to take a step out into the real world. No, it's clearly not sustainable, and yes, we're clearly gambling on promotion, but surely that's a good thing, and it's certainly far more interesting than sitting in the middle of what is a fairly shite league.

If the bubble bursts tomorrow and we're the first large club to go nun'nights then so be it...

Exactly my feelings.

it's certainly far more interesting than sitting in the middle of what is a fairly shite league.
Kind of a gloomy outlook.
it's certainly far more interesting than sitting in the middle of what is a fairly shite league.
Which is where we currently are.
Better though than the one both Sheffield clubs are currently in.

No, it's clearly not sustainable, and yes, we're clearly gambling on promotion, but surely that's a good thing, and it's certainly far more interesting than sitting in the middle of what is a fairly shite league.

This is a mad bet. The Prem is a shite league and the Midland Football Alliance, which is where we would probably end up if the bet goes horribly wrong, is an even more shite league.

Which owners have put money into a club not in the form of debt?

Sir Jack Hayward put all of his money into Wolves in the form of a gift so that whoever took the club on after him could lob £30,000,000 at further building the team.

Then there's Jack Walker, Lionel Pickering, Steve Gibson, Dave Whelan and Jeremy Peace.

Sorry Matt, you post some really good stuff and I love you like the lover I have never had but there is no way on Earth you can describe how he left us financially, or our current position, as 'fine'. Absolutely rot.

I did initially put 18 months, changed it to 2 seasons then thought sod it and put 3 in the final post, the hire and fire mentality in football has to stop somewhere but I agree no way are we going to retain a manager that doesn't get promotion for 3 seasons. The best chance of keeping a manager for 3 seasons without promotion to the EPL was when we dropped to league 1, since a promotion back to the Championship and a good season there would show progression and we all know that NP didn't last even by fulfilling those criteria.

I did initially put 18 months, changed it to 2 seasons then thought sod it and put 3 in the final post, the hire and fire mentality in football has to stop somewhere but I agree no way are we going to retain a manager that doesn't get promotion for 3 seasons. The best chance of keeping a manager for 3 seasons without promotion to the EPL was when we dropped to league 1, since a promotion back to the Championship and a good season there would show progression and we all know that NP didn't last even by fulfilling those criteria.

What the **** is the EPL?

David Moyes has achieved piss all with Everton and yet survived for 10yrs and countless 'Moyes Out' chants & threads on forums.

Maybe Nige will still be in charge in 2021 and City will still be a poor, inconsistent and average Championship side?

:064:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670