Reid, Royle or Souness

Status
Not open for further replies.
But Souness has a history of problems with players.

I do wonder if there is another way to instill some form of discipline in our side other than a lot of shouting and lobbing teacups at them.

No I don't think there is. Not now Jock Wallace (RIP) is no longer with us. I think Jock might have sorted things out by threatening to thump a few of them.

I'm still relieved it won't be Megson. :038::038:

You'd be mad to rule out the BBC if they are saying it's from those three. Haven't seen the article myself but it was the BBC that broke Megson's arrival first.

It's good if a new manager is in place by the Burnley game. We seem to keep ballsing it up at home against them over recent years and it's only right that the new manager should have a defeat in their first game in charge.

It's not offical it's any of the 3 mentioned! I have just heard on SSN they are only guessing it's, Souness, Reid or Royle. Wouldn't want Reid, if MM thought he wasnt good enough a couple of months ago why is he good enough now??
The other two wouldnt be too bad, i'd prefer Souness.

SSN also reckon Jewell might be lined up for a return to Wigan.

Souness has been out of work longer than Royle, so presumably you wouldn't want him anyway :icon_roll

No he wouldnt be my choice..sooner have Jewell or Ince or Wilkins/Vialli but would prefer Larry or Walshy or even give Burrows and Taggs a run at least then we would have more time to find the right man for the Job.

Roberto Martinez ??? i heard that he had been interviewd for the job at leicester city

It's not offical it's any of the 3 mentioned! I have just heard on SSN they are only guessing it's, Souness, Reid or Royle. Wouldn't want Reid, if MM thought he wasnt good enough a couple of months ago why is he good enough now??
The other two wouldnt be too bad, i'd prefer Souness.

SSN also reckon Jewell might be lined up for a return to Wigan.

Utter rubbish. SSN are reporting:

"Milan Mandaric has told us that one of Souness, Reid or Royle is on the shortlist"

So it's simple to me .. 2 of those 3 are not even on the shortlist.

I am still not convinced that our manager will come from these three. Both the leicester Mercury and BBC reports appear to say that he will, but both add late disclaimers.
MM has a habit of surprising us.
Incidently, whilst I don't think Jewell is coming to Leicester, I wouldn't think a return to Wigan would be too clever either: he'd be on a hiding to nothing.

"Milan Mandaric has told us that one of Souness, Reid or Royle is on the shortlist"

Also said the new manager will be announced within 24 hours

To add to the SSN report ..

Milan Mandaric wants to make an appointment within 24 hours .... looks like there may well be an announcement tomorrow. I fear it's Peter Reid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669