• Give Rodgers the rest of the season and then reassess

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Give Rodgers until the season stops for the World Cup and then reassess

Votes: 4 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bournemouth have lost 3-0, 4-0 and 9-0, and still ahead of us in the league.

Get the **** out.

Absolutely have to find a win somewhere in the Man U, Brighton, Spurs run. Seems unlikely though.

At this stage I think almost all fans will agree the target for this season is simply survival.

“40 points” said the best man manager this club has ever had.

I think the thing for me is that it's not just this season. This is just an continuation of the steady decline that has set in over the last year/ year and a half. I think a managerial change and fresh ideas is an even more important change to make than what players come in next..

The sack Rodgers now brigade grew from about 25% to 63% between the post Brentford match spell and the post Southampton match spell. Huge increase.

Great to be able to compare results from varying timeframes.

That's all very well but how about do the stat for number of teams who had one point after four games. Oh wait, that doesn't fit the narrative. Apologies.

Also, 17 of 31 is 54.83870968% ish.

Manages to chuck 2 of his centre halves under the bus in one press conference.

Soyuncu isn’t trying and Amartey is not good enough.

Both probably true, neither helpful when said in public. His relationship with the squad has to be stretched at this point

Manages to chuck 2 of his centre halves under the bus in one press conference.

Soyuncu isn’t trying and Amartey is not good enough.

Both probably true, neither helpful when said in public. His relationship with the squad has to be stretched at this point

It’s an odd one but he’s damned if he does and damned if he doesn’t. I’m no apologist for Rodgers and some of his bizarre choices but there have been a huge number of supporters wanting an answer to the Soyuncu question. Now they have it. Sometimes, players need to know that their manager won’t always lie to protect them and that they need to put in the effort to do the job they are paid handsomely for.

I think it was pretty obvious at times last season that Soyuncu had made up his mind he was leaving and his effort became hugely questionable. If he’s still behaving like that in training I don’t mind the manager calling him out for it. I guess the other question should be why Vestergaard isn’t in ahead of Amartey. He couldn’t be any worse, could he?

It’s an odd one but he’s damned if he does and damned if he doesn’t. I’m no apologist for Rodgers and some of his bizarre choices but there have been a huge number of supporters wanting an answer to the Soyuncu question. Now they have it. Sometimes, players need to know that their manager won’t always lie to protect them and that they need to put in the effort to do the job they are paid handsomely for.

I think it was pretty obvious at times last season that Soyuncu had made up his mind he was leaving and his effort became hugely questionable. If he’s still behaving like that in training I don’t mind the manager calling him out for it. I guess the other question should be why Vestergaard isn’t in ahead of Amartey. He couldn’t be any worse, could he?
Ndidi, Soyuncu, Vestergaard all options.

It's the inconsistency though. What's the difference between Soyuncu and TIelemans? Both looking to leave for some time, both are in their final year, both are playing very inconsistently.

Soyuncu has been poor for us plenty, but so has Tielemans. So have many of the players. That's why we're in the shit. Some players are forgiven whilst others not.

Another in his last year is Perez who is an outcast and then he's starting and then he's out again. Soumare isn't in the right mental place to be involved and then he suddenly starts from not being on the bench. Amartey is another in his last year patently out of his depth but picked ahead of others. Ward is preferred to Iversen irrespective of form or ability.

The formation changes are random. The substitutions are random. His press conferences are bewildering.

It all adds up to a manager who has lost the plot. I'm not in the 'Rodgers out' camp just yet because I really want to be certain that there is no turning this around. Time is really short now though. I'm giving him the next two matches. If we don't win at least one of them, I couldn't give a shit about the level of performance, it's win or bust time.

It's the inconsistency though. What's the difference between Soyuncu and TIelemans? Both looking to leave for some time, both are in their final year, both are playing very inconsistently.

Soyuncu has been poor for us plenty, but so has Tielemans. So have many of the players. That's why we're in the shit. Some players are forgiven whilst others not.

Another in his last year is Perez who is an outcast and then he's starting and then he's out again. Soumare isn't in the right mental place to be involved and then he suddenly starts from not being on the bench. Amartey is another in his last year patently out of his depth but picked ahead of others. Ward is preferred to Iversen irrespective of form or ability.

The formation changes are random. The substitutions are random. His press conferences are bewildering.

It all adds up to a manager who has lost the plot. I'm not in the 'Rodgers out' camp just yet because I really want to be certain that there is no turning this around. Time is really short now though. I'm giving him the next two matches. If we don't win at least one of them, I couldn't give a shit about the level of performance, it's win or bust time.
Yes, you're right. I wonder whether, with Tielemans, it's not so much a lack of effort which is why he isn't getting the same treatment. He always seems to put in a shift but it just sometimes isn't very good. Same with Ndidi.

Whatever it is, I am with you. It is all so difficult to put any sense to. He has to get a result from one of the next two otherwise he should be toast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757