Rodgers future...

Status
Not open for further replies.
he would have been expected to get us in the top 4 in his third full season

He was expected to get us in the top four in January of this season. Expectations change as circumstances change.

I am usually quick to wield the axe but for me he is still the man to back.

To add, we either back him unequivocally or we just get rid now.

I’m not in favour of changing leadership every ten minutes so I’m not in the Brendan out camp, but I should like to refer you all to my pre-Brendan posts about the prospect of City hiring Brendan.

you definitely didn’t fancy it.

to be fair the appointment has been a net positive so far, so you’d have to call him nominally successful.

it’s the future im worried about.

I'm far from Pearson's biggest fan but this collapse doesn't happen under him without players paying for it with their place in the side and we damn sure would have had more depth from January even if it was a couple of loan signings.

Pearson’s side collapsed in 2012/13 and we were awful for the vast majority of our first season back up. I understand why people look back to him. I much preferred the culture of the club under Pearson and enjoyed us more when he was here.

But if we are pissed of with finishing 5th in the Premier League (and I am, given where we were) then Pearson isn’t the answer.

All I ask for is a bit of effort and toughness. I’d prefer attacking football too, but it needs to be backed up with some bollocks when the going gets tough. What I can’t stand is PuelBall (which is what we’ve seen since December) combined with cowardice (which was evident against the big clubs even when we were playing well).

That isn’t worth my season ticket money, nor is it worth my time.

On reflection, and having read through this thread with the clarity that only alcohol can bring, I’ve changed my mind.

There’s no point pissing about and giving him ten games next season. I don’t trust him to start the season well and even if I’m wrong on that I certainly don’t trust him to see a good start through.

His record in Europe suggests that giving him the chance in the Europa League is pointless. It’s a competition we should be out to win and he isn’t capable of winning it.

His head of recruitment has a terrible record and the man himself is a coward with no idea how to change style according to circumstance, or to arrest a bad run of form.

I see no point in giving him preseason only to sack him before Christmas (it’s inevitable) and have another period of ****ing ‘transition’ under a new manager.

Just get rid.

We gave Puel a year longer than we should, when it was blatantly clear (to most) that he was a wrong‘un. A complete waste of a year of football.

Let’s not make the same mistake twice. Time to act now Top. Send him packing tonight.

He got us dumped out of a cup semi final against Aston ****ING Villa....

2 legs

It was ****ing horrendous.

#loser

He got us dumped out of a cup semi final against Aston ****ING Villa....

2 legs

It was ****ing horrendous.

#loser
Ah but what you’re forgetting is that he did so well to get us to the semi final. The fact that we choked and bottled it is by the by.

Or:

- bottled a top four finish, finishing 4 points adrift of 4th having been 14 points clear of 5th with 14 games remaining.
- bottled a cup semi final over two legs against a side who we beat 8-1 on aggregate in league games and who only secured survival on the final day of the season.
- the FA Cup I can just about accept as we lost to a good side, but - as usual - we approached a game against a ‘bigger’ club as though we had won a raffle and were honoured to share the same pitch as them.

Or...

that was a successful season. We now know we need to improve recruitment and we desperately need depth in the squad.

stability and good recruitment should see us as a top 6 club pushing on the door for more.

not too bad you bed wetters

On reflection, and having read through this thread with the clarity that only alcohol can bring, I’ve changed my mind.

There’s no point pissing about and giving him ten games next season. I don’t trust him to start the season well and even if I’m wrong on that I certainly don’t trust him to see a good start through.

His record in Europe suggests that giving him the chance in the Europa League is pointless. It’s a competition we should be out to win and he isn’t capable of winning it.

His head of recruitment has a terrible record and the man himself is a coward with no idea how to change style according to circumstance, or to arrest a bad run of form.

I see no point in giving him preseason only to sack him before Christmas (it’s inevitable) and have another period of ****ing ‘transition’ under a new manager.

Just get rid.

The most sober post of the day

I for one want to see Brenda stay. We have a new state of the art training facility to hopefully attract some of the better young talents and develope them. It should also attract better coaches.
We're looking to expand the stadium. We're in Europe again. We're pushing to be a regular top 6 club. 5 years ago I'd have thought someone was crazy if they'd said this is where we would be as a club.
Brenda needs to put his ideas across and given time I think he will get us playing better more consistent football.
Many top managers have had bad starts or slumps at teams... That fergie bloke didn't have the best of starts at united. O'NEIL should have been sacked if some city fans had their way. For what is worth my glass is half full.

For those saying we as a team or individual players need to show consistency, we’ve been a model of consistency since January.

I for one want to see Brenda stay. We have a new state of the art training facility to hopefully attract some of the better young talents and develope them. It should also attract better coaches.
We're looking to expand the stadium. We're in Europe again. We're pushing to be a regular top 6 club. 5 years ago I'd have thought someone was crazy if they'd said this is where we would be as a club.
Brenda needs to put his ideas across and given time I think he will get us playing better more consistent football.
Many top managers have had bad starts or slumps at teams... That fergie bloke didn't have the best of starts at united. O'NEIL should have been sacked if some city fans had their way. For what is worth my glass is half full.

Ferguson finished second in the league in his first full season at Man Utd and could at least point to league titles and European trophies with Aberdeen as reason to stick with him.

O’Neill had a bad start but still had us promoted within 6 months of taking the job.

It doesn’t feel to me as though we are pushing to be a top six club. It feels as though the first half of the season was an aberration and that we are heading in the opposite direction. The longer Rodgers has had to get his ideas across, the worse we have become.

Our record against the bottom three wasn‘t much better 8 points out of 24

Shit our pants against the big boys, can’t beat the duffers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572