Post Match Roma 1 Leicester 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vardy coming back from injury, Tielemans ****ing off, Evans has been fine since he came back in reality, Barnes was great but has had a really poor end to the season.

Look, it's been a shitshow but like I say, they haven't become awful over night.

A spine of:

Schmeichel
Fofana
Evans
Ricardo
Castagne
Justin
Barnes (the old one)
Maddison
Ndidi
Vardy

Is a very good one to have. Yes, we need better investment but that spine is a better one than at least half of the rest of the league will have.

Like I say, quote me this time next year if I'm wrong but a relegation fight is about as likely as a CL qualification fight.
A CL fight requires effort, organisation and quality.

A relegation fight requires no effort, organisation or quality.

One is decidedly easier to achieve.

Games like today, I longed for the good ol’ days when we’d shove Steve Walsh up front to get a goal.
Why not shove wee Wes up front for last 10, or until we scored .
It may not have been pretty, but it was bloody effective
Modern day football
Pah !

David Moyes got sent off for twatting a ball at a ball boy tonight.

So there’s that….

A CL fight requires effort, organisation and quality.

A relegation fight requires no effort, organisation or quality.

One is decidedly easier to achieve.
True. But then, Fulham, Bournemouth and Burnley will be doing their best to fill the bottom three places. As will the tripe that comes through the play-offs. As will Southampton, Brentford, Palace and Southampton. And one of Leeds or Everton. And probably Brighton. And Villa.

Apparently "Jonny Evans confirmed Pereira was assigned to mark Abraham"

Who coaches defending set pieces? Filbert Fox would do a better job.

Where was the urgency?
The same slow passing game even as time was running out. We know they can play at a higher tempo, passing the ball quickly and causing problems. So why do we rarely do it now? That's not the way BR likes to play, so what's causing it? Motivation? Fear of making a mistake? Fitness?

And Nacho, FFS. How many times did he have the ball, with an easy pass to the right to Castagne who was unmarked in a good position, but instead of the obvious pass he did a 270 degree turn (he can only turn clockwise when he's on the ball), to pass it to a player in a worse position. Brainless.

Vardy coming back from injury, Tielemans ****ing off, Evans has been fine since he came back in reality, Barnes was great but has had a really poor end to the season.

Look, it's been a shitshow but like I say, they haven't become awful over night.

A spine of:

Schmeichel
Fofana
Evans
Ricardo
Castagne
Justin
Barnes (the old one)
Maddison
Ndidi
Vardy

Is a very good one to have. Yes, we need better investment but that spine is a better one than at least half of the rest of the league will have.

Like I say, quote me this time next year if I'm wrong but a relegation fight is about as likely as a CL qualification fight.
I hope you’re right, but I’m currently not looking forward to next season at all. I think it’s far more likely to end in disappointment.

I feel sorry for all the people who paid money to fly out from Leicester to watch that crap. The whole season has felt like the players have been on the beach.
Just got back to my hotel, had a great few days, thank you very much, following my team in Europe

For me it’s more that Youri has decided to take the easy pass game after game. When he was at his best he was playing the killer ball to break open defences. He was the heartbeat of the team and this season he just hasn’t looked interested.

I hope you’re right, but I’m currently not looking forward to next season at all. I think it’s far more likely to end in disappointment.
Doesn’t every season (apart from that 1) do that?
Doesn’t every supporter of every team feel that way at the end of a season
It’s the hope that kills.
So long as we don’t lose 5-0 at home to Bolton on the first game of the season, all will be fine.

For me it’s more that Youri has decided to take the easy pass game after game. When he was at his best he was playing the killer ball to break open defences. He was the heartbeat of the team and this season he just hasn’t looked interested.
Spot on.

I would agree. He need to leave in the summer.

I honestly think the team would be better without him right now.

I know this has been talked about. But WTF with Barnes. He was so bad it was embarrassing. I really felt for him how bad he was. Lightweight and native. Nonthreatening.

Anyone notice that KDH got kicked numerous times by the same guy. (Can't remember his name)

We're back to...what the **** has gone wrong. We're almost back to Forest. Not sure about anyone else but I was excusing the performances in the league because I thought we were building up for tonight. But tonight's lacks of tactical knowledge really shines a light on Rodgers and why people were questing him a few months ago.

Games like today, I longed for the good ol’ days when we’d shove Steve Walsh up front to get a goal.
Why not shove wee Wes up front for last 10, or until we scored .
It may not have been pretty, but it was bloody effective
Modern day football
Pah !
We had been so ineffective I’d have stuck Verstergaard up there to mix it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566