Rumours - all of them in here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Southern Fox on another forum. :icon_wink ;)

two things you may have or not have heard:

(a) Gareth Williams will complete a free transfer to Manchester City in the next week or so (hence missing the Palace game after having a reasonable match against Norwich). In return City will get Robbie Fowler on loan until the end of the season.

(b) In the summer Richard Stearman has been singled out by Chelsea as I younster to groom as part of UEFA's new rules of all European competing teams must have a minimum amount of British players. According to this season-ticket holder, a member of Richard's family used to sit in the Kop until this season where he has disappeared.

Not sure what to make about either rumours but food for thought hey...........

free transfer? my only guess is that it's only gonna be free if Man City agree to paying some of fowler's wages while he's with us. otherwise, i would demand a fee for him, especially if he's going to a prem team.

the stearman one is beleivable but i dont think he'll be that good in the future. i think chelsea will have a good enough youth set-up to produce players worthy of a squad place.

Last edited:
Steven said:
Southern Fox on another forum. :icon_wink ;)

WTF Williams given away on a free, FFS if this is true then I think I will have lost all respect I had left for CL and the board. I know Williams hasnt set the world alight but we paid 500k for him and he still has 18 months left on his contract ...fcuking barmy.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
WTF Williams given away on a free, FFS if this is true then I think I will have lost all respect I had left for CL and the board. I know Williams hasnt set the world alight but we paid 500k for him and he still has 18 months left on his contract ...fcuking barmy.

Is there not a Sell on fee to Forest for Williams as well ?

highland fox said:
Is there not a Sell on fee to Forest for Williams as well ?

yes 15% of feck all is .............................feck all:icon_razz :icon_razz

Nathan said:
free transfer? my only guess is that it's only gonna be free if Man City agree to paying some of fowler's wages while he's with us. otherwise, i would demand a fee for him, especially if he's going to a prem team.

the stearman one is beleivable but i dont think he'll be that good in the future. i think chelsea will have a good enough youth set-up to produce players worthy of a squad place.

Not to sure Chelsea are that bothered about a youth Set Up.Why bother producing your own young players when you can just go out and buy everyone elses...:102: :102:

Boy Genius said:
yes 15% of feck all is .............................feck all:icon_razz :icon_razz

Perhaps they get Robbie Fowler's boots..

Gareth McAULEY

Widely tipped to join us this month, but Lincoln have agreed a £160k fee with Crewe according to their website

highland fox said:
Not to sure Chelsea are that bothered about a youth Set Up.Why bother producing your own young players when you can just go out and buy everyone elses...:102: :102:

Due to impending UEFA rules????......

i saw mcmanaman in leicester a few weeks ago in a red ferrari near narborough road

oh and fleckney hoe dare you steal my pic, not happy :018: :067:

Re: Gareth McAULEY

dpjfox said:
Widely tipped to join us this month, but Lincoln have agreed a £160k fee with Crewe according to their website

Shows how far we have come when we are battling with Crewe for new players....:mad:

Boy Genius said:
Shows how far we have come when we are battling with Crewe for new players....:mad:

And when they win that battle! :(

"The 26-year-old's agent told skysports.com last week that Leicester City were keen on the Northern Ireland, but The Foxes look set to be beaten to the punch by their Championship rivals."
http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=350179&CPID=10&clid=&lid=2&title=Crewe+close+on+McAuley

We're above Crewe in the league, we have a bigger stadium and better facilities. How could we not get him!?
That's worrying.

dpjfox said:

Where and when?

Never heard of the bloke :102:

Didnt see the link sorry :redface:

He probably feels he will get in the Crewe team!

erm....he's not a striker, and Levein has been quoted that the forward line is the only part of the team he's looking to strengthen.

In a way the Fowler rumour might make sense, assuming Man City would pay all of his wages. I don't know how much he's on, but it's probably about 35-40k p/w, which would amount to about 630-720k over the five months we'd have him for. Still, it's a gamble.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00