Scum

Status
Not open for further replies.
My opinion has nothing whatever to do with 'political correctness'. It is my own opinion, formed after years of being physically abused by adults as punishment for various misdemeanors. Also, never once did I suggest that they should be 'let off', I was just disgusted at Mickey's suggestion that he could derive enjoyment and entertainment out of abusing children.

Adults hitting children is wrong, it is counter productive and generally just teaches children that bullying is okay. It's indefensible.

Instead of trying to dream up even more bizarre and unusual punishments to inflict on children like this, why not try and prevent it from happening in the first place?

Isn't blaming political correctness such an easy get out nowadays.

Never mind the fact that the idea behind political correctness is making sure speech and the use of language isn't used to harm others, let's just generalise it and make is a scapegoat for getting rid of beating and being racist.

I was just disgusted at Mickey's suggestion that he could derive enjoyment and entertainment out of abusing children.

Post of the year!

Bye the way, could you just quote me on this one. I have forgotten where I made this statement?

Last edited:
Isn't blaming political correctness such an easy get out nowadays.

Never mind the fact that the idea behind political correctness is making sure speech and the use of language isn't used to harm others, let's just generalise it and make is a scapegoat for getting rid of beating and being racist.

Couldn't agree more. Far more people complain about political correct than defend do it. Political correctness is far more an invention from bigots as a faux excuse to defend their actions, than it is to actually try to not offend. People just tend to blame any type of progressive social politics they don't agree with on political correctness.

Especially considering the majority of the things people say are "political correctness gone mad" have nothing to do with political correctness at all.

Political correctness is about language, not actions such as whether we should hit children or how harshly we should hand out punishment. They are to do with human right acts, not political correctness.

Last edited:
Couldn't agree more. Far more people complain about political correct than defend do it. Political correctness is far more an invention from bigots as a faux excuse to defend their actions, than it is to actually try to not offend.

Especially considering the majority of the things people say are "political correctness gone mad" have nothing to do with political correctness at all.

Political correctness is about language, not actions such as whether we should hit children or how harshly we should hand out punishment. They are to do with human right acts, not political correctness.

Good post sir.

I was just disgusted at Micky's suggestion that he could derive enjoyment and entertainment out of abusing children.
could you just quote me on this one. I have forgotten where I made this statement?

No problem at all Micky:

I've got an idea. Get the little feckers along to the first home game of the season. At half time, line them up across the goal line and let fans take pot shots at them from the penalty spot. Great entertainment

Would you still find it entertaining if that resulted in one of the children being seriously injured or killed?

That is child abuse, whichever way you dress it up.

Regardless of the 'politically incorrect' argument, the manner in which criminals are dealt with is very frustrating. I think I speak for many people when I say this.

No problem at all Micky:

Would you still find it entertaining if that resulted in one of the children being seriously injured or killed?

Do you still take that post seriously. Could you seriously imagine that happening at a football match?

No problem at all Micky:

Bye the way - how would a football kill an 11 year old?

No problem at all Micky:

Oh, and yes I am quite clear what child abuse is. It would be classed as child abuse if the boys even had to just stand on the pitch infront of a taunting crowd. The shooting of footballs at their heads would just add to the abuse!

Last edited:
Do you still take that post seriously. Could you seriously imagine that happening at a football match?

I took it at face value, you were advocating child abuse as entertainment.
Did you intend some other meaning? If you did, it's lost on me.

I took it at face value, you were advocating child abuse as entertainment.
Did you intend some other meaning? If you did, it's lost on me.

I didn't really expect anyone to take the suggestion as a feasible punishment.

Regardless of the 'politically incorrect' argument, the manner in which criminals are dealt with is very frustrating. I think I speak for many people when I say this.

I would much rather take the opinion of professionally trained psychologists as to how punishment works than "many" members of the general public who are completely uneducated in the matter. Especially if these public members still believe in barbaric Victorian punishment.

Why do you want to see them punished more? Who would it benefit?

Last edited:
I would much rather take the opinion of professionally trained psychologists as to how punishment works than "many" members of the general public who are completely uneducated in the matter. Especially if these public members still believe in barbaric Victorian punishment.

Why do you want to see them punished more? Who would it benefit?

Unfortunately the findings of researchers often gets completely overlooked within policy making and law.

Members of the general public are not always as uneducated in this matter as you presume.

I would like to see more of a punishment put into place because I believe it would be more effective. I believe it would benefit society in the long run.

Last edited:
Unfortunately the findings of researchers often gets completely overlooked within policy making and law.

Members of the general public are not always as uneducated in this matter as you presume.

I would like to see more of a punishment put into place because I believe it would be more effective. (Note: I said 'I'). I believe it would benefit society in the long run (Note: I said 'I').

Well personally I have to disagree then.

They're 11 and 13 year old kids who've just defaced a few headstones. Yes, they've probably upset the families of the deceased, but it's hardly a huge crime worthy of really punishing these children, certainly not by violence. If I was 11 and got embarrassed in front of my parents, I'd never do it again, but if I was given community service I can't imagine it would deter me at all.

If I was 11 and got embarrassed in front of my parents, I'd never do it again, but if I was given community service I can't imagine it would deter me at all.

I agree. Trouble is there are many children who couldn't give a stuff what their parents think and their are many parents that couldn't give a stuff what their children get up to. When a child has no morals, values and reasoning, a telling off is as useful as a chocolate teapot. Whilst, I accept we don't know the indiviudual circumstances of this case, it is an example of the many crimes being committed repeatedly throughout the country.

Last edited:
To be honest, if the matter had gone to court, it would be likely that these kids would have had to have faced a similar kind of punishment. They may have been asked to clean up the damage caused, or some kind of similar, but if this was a first offence, it is likely they would have had a conditional discharge, so wouldn't even be forced to apologise to the club.

I am surprised that so many people don't see this as an appropriate punishment. Whether or not they feel remorse for what they've done, or for being caught, both indicate that they know they have done wrong, otherwise they wouldn't give a rat's arse about being court. And whilst it is particularly distressing to right-minded people, never mind the families of those commemorated in the garden, is putting an 11 year old through the criminal process really going to be productive? Community service, as well as custody, is likely introduce them to kids who are x times worse, and will more likely have a negative effect on their future behaviour.

with some of these posts I thought I'd stumbled onto a Daily Mail forum, common sense seems to have prevailed though

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46