Season Tickets 2009/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about they draw the line at the same date as they did last year - then it would be a real freeze. If you have to pay more if you pay on the same day as you did last year, it is not a freeze.

They also seem to have conveniently forgotten the fact that VAT is now 2.5% lower - and that the Government's intention was that the reduction should be passed to the consumer to stimulate spending and the economy.

Not really a freeze, is it? Just one more in a list of LCFC non-freeze freezes.

The country could also be heading for deflation. If so the price would effectively still be an increase for people.
Quite crafty that they are trying to tempt people with an early deadline.

Last edited:
Blimey, that's feckin' early :icon_conf

That's WAAAY to early!!!

FFS I don't even think about getting the money together for my ST til after I've bought my last away ticket!

I don't see why they couldn't keep the deadline to what they had in previous seasons-end of May. After all, there are a lot of folk who live to a budget before spending their spare cash and it's going to be tough for us anyhoo to get that sort of money together in 7 weeks.

Any news on whether they will be doing a pay on installments thing like they did last season? Might have to do it that way.

That's WAAAY to early!!!

FFS I don't even think about getting the money together for my ST til after I've bought my last away ticket!

I don't see why they couldn't keep the deadline to what they had in previous seasons-end of May. After all, there are a lot of folk who live to a budget before spending their spare cash and it's going to be tough for us anyhoo to get that sort of money together in 7 weeks.

Any news on whether they will be doing a pay on installments thing like they did last season? Might have to do it that way.

Like i say if we are heading for deflation the club will want you to pay up before it happens.:icon_wink

They say that they are doing the DD scheme with the option this time to spread it over 12 months.

I expected them to go up, considering the losses announced and that we're going up (although obviously they're still the same level as before we got relegated, but hadn't Mandy planned on putting them up before we went down?)

Glad they've frozen prices, but the date is a big problem for me. I won't know if I'm going to be able to go to these matches until mid-may. People who may be going away to Uni won't know where they'll be living until late summer either.

I've shown this club loyalty with a season ticket for over 10 years, so I would be a little disappointed if I do eventually get a ST if I'm penalised for circumstances that are out of my control.

People going to Uni wouldn't find out for sure where they're going until after the season already started. They aren't going to wait that long ;)

I have emailed P Jones as well.

I wanted to know if the price freeze was before or after the VAT is added. This years tickets were at 17.5% and next season SHOULD be at 15% so there should be a slight decrease.

They say that they are doing the DD scheme with the option this time to spread it over 12 months.

It is, "no interest charges" but a £4 admin fee per month (so interest by another name, as it doesn't cost £4 to process DD's)

I have emailed P Jones as well.

I wanted to know if the price freeze was before or after the VAT is added. This years tickets were at 17.5% and next season SHOULD be at 15% so there should be a slight decrease.

I am sure I'm wrong but isn't it 'illegal' for a business not to pass on the VAT saving?

Pissed oof that they want my hard earned earlier than before but pleased that the 'parent and child' ticket scheme is valid in the Kop rather than just the family stand.

Saving £100 so thanks Milan - although should really be 2½%* cheaper if you had bothered to pass on the VAT reduction.

*Pedant alert, yes I know, the actual reduction would be around 2.25%

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the most you would possibly save via the VAT reduction, if you bought the most expensive season ticket possible, would be £11.09..

Some people will complain for anything :p

If so does that mean that the unreduced 2.5% goes to the club rather than the goverment.:102:

Not sure about the financial part of it, but I do know that it was never obligatory to pass on the saving.

Not all shops passed it on at the time and a lot of those that did seem to have quietly dropped the discount since after Christmas.

I am sure I'm wrong but isn't it 'illegal' for a business not to pass on the VAT saving?

You are wrong, it is illegal not to apply the correct rate of vat to the net price and pay that over the HMRC, but you can keep the gross price the same eg:

if the price to you was £275 last year this would be made up of net price £234 + vat at 17.5% of £41.

if the price remains at £275 this year the make up is net price £239 and vat at 15% of £36.

So by keeping the gross price the same the net price has actually increased.

If the price is really kept the same it should now be £269 (ie £234 + £35)

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the most you would possibly save via the VAT reduction, if you bought the most expensive season ticket possible, would be £11.09..

Some people will complain for anything :p

I know what you mean, I thought at the time that the VAT reduction was gesture politics at its worst and wouldn't do anything to stimulate the economy.

But each to their own and eleven quid is eleven quid!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669