Season Tickets 2009/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
I get the feeling that some on here would moan about the price of a balti pie potentially going up to compensate for the shortfall if it were to happen anyway. :icon_wink

Have people been moaning about the price of the season tickets? I must have missed it.

Perhaps you should read what has been written instead of trying to read into it.

Have people been moaning about the price of the season tickets? I must have missed it.

Perhaps you should read what has been written instead of trying to read into it.

A little bit on the touchy side there. Only a joke - See winky icon thing. Perhaps you thought it was aimed at you? Perhaps you should see it as the joke it was intended instead of trying to read into it.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
A little bit on the touchy side there. Only a joke - See winky icon thing. Perhaps you thought it was aimed at you? Perhaps you should see it as the joke it was intended instead of trying to read into it.

Not touchy at all. It couldn't have been aimed at me; I've never touched a Balti Pie in my life.

Matt_B

Peter.

Whilst as a current season ticket holder I am pleased at the announcement of the price "freeze" for next season I can't help but feel agrieved about two things. First the extremely early renewal deadline. In the current climate where people are trying to budget, expecting them to commit to a new season ticket direct debit a month after last season's has finished it asking quite a lot.

Secondly I am curious as to how the ticket price can be billed as a price "freeze" with the current reduction in VAT. I understand the reasons behind not carrying this decrease onto current tickets and prices for administration reasons, but surely by keeping the price the same as last season you are in fact raising the base cost of the season ticket by 2.5% or so, and can't really bill it as a freeze?

I look forward to your response.

Matt Beighton

Matt

Thank you.

I am sorry that you are not in full agreement with the season ticket proposals. The consultation with supporters has helped the club formulate the complete package and the 12 month direct debit scheme will no doubt be popular.

The financial pressures on individuals is accepted and hopefully by not reducing the price of the ticket and allowing the cost to be spread it will help.

Thank you for your continued support.

Your comments will be passed on.

Regards

Peter

Not really an answer is it Peter

bocadillo

Water Gypsy

Not really an answer is it Peter

He seems to be saying the 12-month finance scheme is being financed by not reducing the price is season tickets. I would have thought that the people who want a year's tick should be paying for it themselves.

SJN-Fox

He seems to be saying the 12-month finance scheme is being financed by not reducing the price is season tickets. I would have thought that the people who want a year's tick should be paying for it themselves.

No doubt they will be. The club charges £4 (I think) per month administration fee for DD customers. I pay for 2 tickets via 1 DD but still get charged two admin fees!

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
No doubt they will be. The club charges £4 (I think) per month administration fee for DD customers. I pay for 2 tickets via 1 DD but still get charged two admin fees!

It would be cheaper over 12 months to pay for a season ticket with an ordinary credit card than to pay £48 in DD fees to the club. Jeff told us last year of a credit card that does not charge interest on season ticket purhases - hopefully if it is still around, he will remind us about it.

homer

Is that true ?

Blimey, what a complete rip off !

Yorkshire Vixen

Is that true ?

Blimey, what a complete rip off !

aye its true but they like to give the fans the impression that theyre putting them first when really they just lining their own pockets :icon_wink:)

homer

Supporters over the age of 22 who wish to take advantage of the Under 22 price rate are required to provide a letter of clarification to state that they are in full-time education from their course tutor

Methinks our club might commence next season with the highest number of "students" within our fan base of any other club in the country.....

highland fox

Methinks our club might commence next season with the highest number of "students" within our fan base of any other club in the country.....

I pity you in the queue at the kiosks at half time when they are all ordering for and paying for one drink at once

lazzer

I pity you in the queue at the kiosks at half time when they are all ordering for and paying for one drink at once

H he didnt actually mean it would be full of students he implied it would be full of "students" :icon_wink

beaumontfox

It would be cheaper over 12 months to pay for a season ticket with an ordinary credit card than to pay £48 in DD fees to the club. Jeff told us last year of a credit card that does not charge interest on season ticket purhases - hopefully if it is still around, he will remind us about it.

So are they only doing a 12 month DD scheme?? Or can we have it over 4/5 or 6 months and more like last season?
Cos tbh I want to get it paid off by the time the season kicks off, I don't want to paying for my season ticket after Christmas.

Matt_B

So are they only doing a 12 month DD scheme?? Or can we have it over 4/5 or 6 months and more like last season?
Cos tbh I want to get it paid off by the time the season kicks off, I don't want to paying for my season ticket after Christmas.

If it's the same as last year you can choose the months.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy

You can choose any number of months up to 12. The 'service charge' is £4 per month.

Siouxsie

"The financial pressures on individuals is accepted and hopefully by not reducing the price of the ticket and allowing the cost to be spread it will help."

Do you think it is a typo and he meant "increasing".:102:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670