Season Tickets 2009/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graz

Not sure about the financial part of it, but I do know that it was never obligatory to pass on the saving.

Not all shops passed it on at the time and a lot of those that did seem to have quietly dropped the discount since after Christmas.

Because it ended up with weird prices, and I think most shops, if they havn't completely abandoned the discount, have round their prices up by now at least (so you don't get things that cost £23.54 for example)

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
I'm pretty sure the most you would possibly save via the VAT reduction, if you bought the most expensive season ticket possible, would be £11.09..

Some people will complain for anything :p

And some people will accept any old spin as the truth.

Graz

And some people will accept any old spin as the truth.

The prices have frozen, just the club are getting more money out of it than they did before.

What were they supposed to say?

"Leicester City have announced the season ticket prices for the 2009/10 season today, and they will remain the same as this season's prices. Although ticket prices remain the same, due to the 2.5% reduction in VAT, they are of course relatively more expensive than they were last time and therefore we actually take more money from the cost of the ticket than we have previously, but we'd hoped you wouldn't notice that" ;)

You're still paying the same price, just that between £5 to £11 of that money is now going to the club instead of the government.

Last edited:

homer

The prices have frozen, just the club are getting more money out of it than they did before.

What were they supposed to say?

"Leicester City have announced the season ticket prices for the 2009/10 season today, and they will remain the same as this season's prices. Although ticket prices remain the same, due to the 2.5% reduction in VAT, they are of course relatively more expensive than they were last time and therefore we actually take more money from the cost of the ticket than we have previously, but we'd hoped you wouldn't notice that" ;)

You're still paying the same price, just that between £5 to £11 of that money is now going to the club instead of the government.

Do you understand the concept of VAT at all in any way :102:

BOB HAZELL

As others have mentioned, wording it a 'price freeze' is not really the case, is it.

stockholm fox

If I was still living in the UK and due to renew my season ticket (as I used to )I'd be happy with prices remaining the same (apart from the pedantic VAT argument).

Inflation is still a factor over a two year period even with the current economic climate.

There are a range of offers to attract younger fans to the club, we are going back to the Championship, we will all be asking for spending on new players ,the club has lost £14.2 million last season...

Yes there's an element of spin but ffs what was everybody expecting to be announced? A reduction in price?

Yorkshire Vixen

How about they draw the line at the same date as they did last year - then it would be a real freeze. If you have to pay more if you pay on the same day as you did last year, it is not a freeze.

They also seem to have conveniently forgotten the fact that VAT is now 2.5% lower - and that the Government's intention was that the reduction should be passed to the consumer to stimulate spending and the economy.

Not really a freeze, is it? Just one more in a list of LCFC non-freeze freezes.

:038::038::038:

jb5000

How about they draw the line at the same date as they did last year - then it would be a real freeze. If you have to pay more if you pay on the same day as you did last year, it is not a freeze.

They also seem to have conveniently forgotten the fact that VAT is now 2.5% lower - and that the Government's intention was that the reduction should be passed to the consumer to stimulate spending and the economy.

Not really a freeze, is it? Just one more in a list of LCFC non-freeze freezes.

If that was the government's intention they could have legislated for it - or better, cut income taxes instead. They didn't, because it wasn't.

spionfox

Yes there's an element of spin but ffs what was everybody expecting to be announced? A reduction in price?

I am saving about £100 on what I paid for this season. Not expected but gratefully accepted :icon_lol:

If I was still living in the UK and due to renew my season ticket (as I used to )I'd be happy with prices remaining the same (apart from the pedantic VAT argument).

Inflation is still a factor over a two year period even with the current economic climate.

There are a range of offers to attract younger fans to the club, we are going back to the Championship, we will all be asking for spending on new players ,the club has lost £14.2 million last season...

I get the feeling that some on here would moan about the price of a balti pie potentially going up to compensate for the shortfall if it were to happen anyway. :icon_wink

Singth

I get the feeling that some on here would moan about the price of a balti pie potentially going up to compensate for the shortfall if it were to happen anyway. :icon_wink

Last time I ordered a balti pie I got a cheese slice. Apparently they sound the same :icon_conf

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
If that was the government's intention they could have legislated for it - or better, cut income taxes instead. They didn't, because it wasn't.

It was specifically announced as such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670