Shareholders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever someone will pay for it

i see!

so whoever buys the club will be buying the shares of the current shareholders. is there a maxium amount they can buy to take control or can they buy all the share of everyone and own 100% of the club?

Buying 51% buys a majority stake, once they have 75% they are in control and once they have 90%, the holders of the 10% remaining have to sell them.

Buying 51% buys a majority stake, once they have 75% they are in control and once they have 90%, the holders of the 10% remaining have to sell them.

cheers Duzza

i assume then Andrew Taylor has been appointmented chairman by the board as he doesnt hold the most shares.

I also remember reading somewhere that someone buying a business cant buy more that 70% of the shares, or is this only the case if it is a PLC and floated on the stockmarket?

cheers Duzza

i assume then Andrew Taylor has been appointmented chairman by the board as he doesnt hold the most shares.

I also remember reading somewhere that someone buying a business cant buy more that 70% of the shares, or is this only the case if it is a PLC and floated on the stockmarket?

Im not sure where you are coming from on either of those points

Im not sure where you are coming from on either of those points

well AT is the chairman, how did he get that position if he doesnt hold the 51% majority stake?

as for the second point im pretty sure i heard that someone cant take over 100% of a company, buying it stright out. If i remember i heard it in relation to a chap trying to buy a football club but due to international law he couldnt buy it all out so he didnt bother in the end.

well AT is the chairman, how did he get that position if he doesnt hold the 51% majority stake?

as for the second point im pretty sure i heard that someone cant take over 100% of a company, buying it stright out. If i remember i heard it in relation to a chap trying to buy a football club but due to international law he couldnt buy it all out so he didnt bother in the end.

Ok gotcha, there is no majority shareholder currently so Andrew Taylor has been given the job, he is paid though.

Not sure about that Scarb.

wicked cheers Duzza!

on a related note, if we were still a PLC and fans could buy the shares like before, is there an unlimited amount of shares you can buy?

There no limit of shares you can buy in a PLC to my knowledge, could be worng though.

First point, all the board ( including AT ) are appointed by the shareholders.

Second point, not correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670