Snow thread - anyone else snowed in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Motown Fox

Sheffield and most of South Yorkshire is snowed in and it is still snowing and blizzard conditions in parts.

There are no buses, trains are limited and just the main routes on the trams. The main roads are just about passable with care but most are hazardous or inpassable littered with abandoned cars, HGV's etc. The sideroads well forget about them, 2 feet of snow, more in some places.Our neighbour and her dog just went for a walk and you couldn't see the dog unless he jumped up!!

300 Schools are closed and the Universities, and the hospitals have cancelled ALL appointments and only if you really have a real emergency should you try and go in.

My young daughter has just braved the snow to walk to the local shop for milk and it was up to her knees!!

The car is covered and I will not be going anywhere in it today that is for sure.

Leicester's not too bad. I've never missed a day's work through it, I walk if it's not worth taking the car but I am lucky a walk is just 1 and half miles away.

I'd be much appreciated if anyone can tell what it's like towards Huncote, supposed to play footy there tonight but if the roads are dodgy that way, I won't bother.

Last edited:
My daughter's school is still open but it's one of the few to be open around here. It seemed to be the Melton, Loughborough and NW Leics areas that had more schools closed on the radio earlier.

Some bloke from the council said:
"Because of the amount of snow in the Melton area we're calling out some of the farmer contractors we have to help us on the minor roads, so we've had a pretty busy night."
Good old farmers :)

South Leicestershire had a tiny covering last night, now at work in Oakham and they've not had any this morning. A lot of people who live in Melton/Coalville/Markfield haven't made it in yet though.

Funnily enough Hazzman, I've just rang Huncote to cancel our pitch tonight and they said that it was unlikely they'll be opening the courts anyway so its worth ringing them. Even though there's not much snow its very icy.

South Leicestershire had a tiny covering last night, now at work in Oakham and they've not had any this morning. A lot of people who live in Melton/Coalville/Markfield haven't made it in yet though.

There's hardly any snow in Co'ville and the main roads are fine - just a bit of ice on the minor roads

Might I suggest that they are part of the skiving bastard any-excuse-to-have-time-off brigade

Funnily enough Hazzman, I've just rang Huncote to cancel our pitch tonight and they said that it was unlikely they'll be opening the courts anyway so its worth ringing them. Even though there's not much snow its very icy.

No surprise. One of the other lads I played with rang yesterday and Huncote said they would give us a ring around 4. We're on the 3G pitch...apparently it doesn't not freeze which is horsecrap and suspect the centre will avoid anyone using the car park if at all possible.

Leicester's not too bad. I've never missed a day's work through it, I walk if it's not worth taking the car but I am lucky a walk is just 1 and half miles away.

I'd be much appreciated if anyone can tell what it's like towards Huncote, supposed to play footy there tonight but if the roads are dodgy that way, I won't bother.

Some of the roads are a bit dodgy - Huncote Road is very icey and they have blocked one side of the road and put in temporary traffic lights because of a huge puddle that had turned to ice.

Canny bit of snow here, don't think its stopped in the last 6 days

central London has no snow, for a change

feckin cold though

We had a couple of inches of laying snow on Sunday but none of what has fallen since has stayed around at all. That was until last night.

As I went to bed last night, it was snowing heavily and beginning to lay. Waking up this morning there is between 6 and 8 inches of the stuff. Just opened the kitchen door to let the dog out; she took one look at the snow that fell into the kitchen, looked worriedly at me and said she could hold it for a couple of hours yet.

I'm supposed to have a hospital appointment in Deal today. I think I can forget about that.

Back to bed!

We had a couple of inches of laying snow on Sunday but none of what has fallen since has stayed around at all. That was until last night.

As I went to bed last night, it was snowing heavily and beginning to lay. Waking up this morning there is between 6 and 8 inches of the stuff. Just opened the kitchen door to let the dog out; she took one look at the snow that fell into the kitchen, looked worriedly at me and said she could hold it for a couple of hours yet.

I'm supposed to have a hospital appointment in Deal today. I think I can forget about that.

Back to bed!
As your dog can talk perhaps you can ask her to ring in and cancel. Perhaps she can tell them you're feeling a bit rufffffff:icon_bigg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Blackburn 00
2Bristol City00
3Burnley00
4Cardiff City00
5Coventry City00
6Derby00
7Hull City00
8Leeds Utd00