Post Match Southampton 1 Leicester 0

I think a lot of our players are better than we are getting from them.

It’s almost like the season Micky Adam’s took us down. That side would’ve finished top 6 if the game was 89 minutes long. It was easily a team good enough to stay up. What relegated us was Micky.

We are better than our current position. It must suck being Brendan because his only excuse was that the team wasn’t good enough and if we’d only supported him we wouldn’t be in this mess. That was of course BS to begin with, but he has now had significant further backing and he still can’t get a tune.

**** you Brendan. Take you Gucci belt, turn it sideways, stick it up your arse. Dickhead.

Well, that was a load of old arse.

We won the Charity Shield in the 70s.
Well yes.

But I don't know anyone who counts that as anything. I certainly don't.

A game between 2 teams, neither of which had done what it normally takes to qualify for it. Because the team that had done something to qualify for it simply couldn't be bothered to play in it.

A game so meaningless Steve Whitworth scored in it.

On a list of the club's achievements it ranks somewhere between the Westerby County Cup & failing to sign Johan Cruyff.

Seriously ?

****ing seriously ?

If he genuinely thinks that there's anything positive to take from losing to the worst team in the league, with the worst home record by a street AND not recording a single shot on target in the process then clearly he should never be allowed to work in the game again. This is the kind of abject shite you get from a pathetic limp dicked media that only knows how to grovel to the PL for fear of being denied access.

Pointless on every level.

Vardy isn't over. Rodgers has temporarily put him into a coma. Just watch. 6 weeks over the summer doesn't kill a player.
No.

Being 36 years old does.

That's ****ing ancient for a top level footballer. Even in the modern era. Particularly a striker. & most particularly a striker who's game is based on pace & energy.

Look, Nobody is a bigger fan than me. He's given me everything as a fan of this club that I could ever have dreamed of plus a bit more besides. He has legendary status for eternity.

But even legends end sometime. His time is now. Even if he did something miraculous, he could only possibly have one more season, not playing every game & fading into nothing.

I'd love him to score vital goals on the last day of this season & by doing so keep us up. That would be the perfect ending.
One more legendary contribution & off into the sunset to jog around in the MLS for a year or two as a lap of honour for an extraordinary career.

20 odd years ago I was in love with a woman. Couldn't imagine any sort of life without her. Today all I have left of that is a few photos & some memories. That's what happens. That's life. We move on. It's time for us to put Vardy in our collective memories & look forward to boring the tits off future generations with tales of how great he was.

One (of many) things that frustrated me about our performance l against Southampton was how bleeding obvious our approach was. It was basically this...

1. Get the ball back to the defence
2. Pass the ball all the way across the back
3. Full back then jabs the ball up to a winger
4. If winger reaches the ball first, flick it somewhere.

At step 4, we more than often lost the ball. Approach then was to win it back and begin the steps again.

I just could not see how it was going to ever give us a good chance on goal. We were entirely predictable and one dimensional.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363
9Middlesbro4463
10Preston 4463