Post Match Southampton 1 Leicester 0

One (of many) things that frustrated me about our performance l against Southampton was how bleeding obvious our approach was. It was basically this...

1. Get the ball back to the defence
2. Pass the ball all the way across the back
3. Full back then jabs the ball up to a winger
4. If winger reaches the ball first, flick it somewhere.

At step 4, we more than often lost the ball. Approach then was to win it back and begin the steps again.

I just could not see how it was going to ever give us a good chance on goal. We were entirely predictable and one dimensional.
This. I’d love to see stats on how many times the ball ends up back with the centre backs during a phase of play. Pretty sure we would be top!

If Nacho wasn't playing like Coco the clown we would of won the game with ease, the biggest problem we have is the players are to inconsistent.

No.

Being 36 years old does.

That's ****ing ancient for a top level footballer. Even in the modern era. Particularly a striker. & most particularly a striker who's game is based on pace & energy.

Look, Nobody is a bigger fan than me. He's given me everything as a fan of this club that I could ever have dreamed of plus a bit more besides. He has legendary status for eternity.

But even legends end sometime. His time is now. Even if he did something miraculous, he could only possibly have one more season, not playing every game & fading into nothing.

I'd love him to score vital goals on the last day of this season & by doing so keep us up. That would be the perfect ending.
One more legendary contribution & off into the sunset to jog around in the MLS for a year or two as a lap of honour for an extraordinary career.

20 odd years ago I was in love with a woman. Couldn't imagine any sort of life without her. Today all I have left of that is a few photos & some memories. That's what happens. That's life. We move on. It's time for us to put Vardy in our collective memories & look forward to boring the tits off future generations with tales of how great he was.

I see your point but I disagree. Last season he bagged 15 league goals in an average team, this season zero? He's 36 but didn't cripple overnight. We can't be "playing to his strengths" as a focal point all the time now but he's still our first striker and if played properly would get goals.

I'm not hanging on to anything, thinking purely unemotionally, the degeneration over 6 weeks baffles me and I can't put it down to "he's old, it just stopped working one day." (Queue the penis jokes)

I see your point but I disagree. Last season he bagged 15 league goals in an average team, this season zero? He's 36 but didn't cripple overnight. We can't be "playing to his strengths" as a focal point all the time now but he's still our first striker and if played properly would get goals.

I'm not hanging on to anything, thinking purely unemotionally, the degeneration over 6 weeks baffles me and I can't put it down to "he's old, it just stopped working one day." (Queue the penis jokes)
I wish I agreed.

As hard a reality as it is, I firmly believe the best thing for both the club and Jamie Vardy would be for him to never play for us again.

His performances this season have been flaccid.

I wish I agreed.

As hard a reality as it is, I firmly believe the best thing for both the club and Jamie Vardy would be for him to never play for us again.

As they were under Puel.

I wish I agreed.

Can you not see the whole squad is flaccid? New manager playing to our strengths and suddenly you have a rejuvenated squad.

I'm too lazy to look it up, but weren't most of those in the first half of the season, and quite a few of them penalties?

Think his drop off had already begun last season

I'm too lazy to look it up, but weren't most of those in the first half of the season, and quite a few of them penalties?

Think his drop off had already begun last season

He scored five goals in the last four games of the season.

But what was different about last season's goals is the teams he scored them against. They're were nearly all against crap teams. Ten of them were against the teams that got relegated.

Stolen from the mockery

“Saturday’s loss at Southampton was the 11th defeat City have had by a one-goal margin in the Premier League since they last won by a single goal, back in April last year. It does feel they only get victories when they blow other teams away, and that they often end up on the wrong side of the result when it’s a scrap.”

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263
9Middlesbro4363
10Preston 4363