Steve Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although DJ made no positive contribution last season and was the under-achiever of the year - I am certain that his agent will be making every effort to find him a Championship club that will have him. He won't be prepared to play in the Third Division.

I expect Oakley, Clem and Howard to be exactly the same...

I expect Oakley, Clem and Howard to be exactly the same...

Doesn't bother me personally... I don't want to see us have to change the whole team again, but other than Mattock (who unfortunately is the most likely to leave), there isn't anyone I'd be sad to see go.

One of my mates at work was asking me whether Andy King will get much of a look in next season (friends with him from school). Told him it really depends on who stays and who goes. If Clemence and Oakley stick around then my guess is he'll be off out on loan, but if they go then I guess he could feature pretty heavily. Didn't hear too much about him in the last part of the season though!

Doesn't bother me personally... I don't want to see us have to change the whole team again, but other than Mattock (who unfortunately is the most likely to leave), there isn't anyone I'd be sad to see go.

One of my mates at work was asking me whether Andy King will get much of a look in next season (friends with him from school). Told him it really depends on who stays and who goes. If Clemence and Oakley stick around then my guess is he'll be off out on loan, but if they go then I guess he could feature pretty heavily. Didn't hear too much about him in the last part of the season though!

Mainly because ollie seemed allergic to playing young lads other than a few cameos.

Last edited:
Mainly because ollie seemed allergic to playing young lads other than a few cameos.

Not sure that 'cameo' works in this sentence, 'occasional appearances' would make more sense.

I've just picked the following comment out of todays Mercury ...

"We hope DJ (Campbell), (Matty) Fryatt and Steve Howard will chip in with a good percentage. They have good records at this level, but you need to close the back door."

They had quite an in depth interview with Steve Walsh. IMO It looks like they are preparing for these 3 players to be here at the start of the season :102:

I've just picked the following comment out of todays Mercury ...

They had quite an in depth interview with Steve Walsh. IMO It looks like they are preparing for these 3 players to be here at the start of the season :102:

They should score goals at this level. They have all done so in the past.

They should score goals at this level. They have all done so in the past.

I would like a new forward - even if it is one of the lads from the reserves/academy.
Steve Howard scored a lot at championship level too - and look how badly he turned out last season. Fryatt is finished as a player who is deemed to have potential - and he certainly doesn't seem to have any goals in him. No goals, no potential. He is a proven failure and I think is more likely a league 2 standard footballer.
Cambell I'd give another chance to - but not for long. 6 games and you're out if he isn't doing the business in my view. But I'd like a new signing or one of the reserves/academy players to be along side Campbell. Definately replace him if he doesn't hit the ground running this season.

Last edited:
I would like a new forward - even if it is one of the lads from the reserves/academy.
Steve Howard scored a lot at championship level too - and look how badly he turned out last season. Fryatt is finished as a player who is deemed to have potential - and he certainly doesn't seem to have any goals in him. No goals, no potential. He is a proven failure and I think is more likely a league 2 standard footballer.
Cambell I'd give another chance to - but not for long. 6 games and you're out if he isn't doing the business in my view. But I'd like a new signing or one of the reserves/academy players to be along side Campbell. Definately replace him if he doesn't hit the ground running this season.

I personally don't think howards lack of goals was all down too him, don't get me wrong he was poor bit so were alot of player who don't get the flack he does.

Tend to agree with you about fryatt but would like to be wrong.

I'm probably alone on this but I think Howard and Fryatt would make a decent partnership.I'm not bothered about DJ Campbell being here or not

I personally don't think howards lack of goals was all down too him, don't get me wrong he was poor bit so were alot of player who don't get the flack he does.

Tend to agree with you about fryatt but would like to be wrong.

Howard needs crosses from the byline,we need wingers who can get to the byline and deliver decent crosses,last season we never had them.

I'm probably alone on this but I think Howard and Fryatt would make a decent partnership.I'm not bothered about DJ Campbell being here or not

Pace is the thing that bothers me about a Fryatt and howard partnership.

Though our 2 wingers may well have that. If gradel and dyer can whip some balls in howard will score goals.

they can score goals but Fryatt is past it, and DJ would do well with Howard there, some pace better then nothing, that way howard can score from cross and he can head on balls for DJ to get behind the defenders, i hope they are working very hard in training

they can score goals but Fryatt is past it, and DJ would do well with Howard there, some pace better then nothing, that way howard can score from cross and he can head on balls for DJ to get behind the defenders, i hope they are working very hard in training

However DJ can't hit a barn door with a very big ball, Fryatt can.

:icon_conf

22 years old is past it??!!??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670