Steve Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opinions are great, they enable me to be able to bracket people accordingly.

Fryatt has been useless the last 2 seasons, he had so many chances to score and he ****d up every single one, yeah he is 22 yrs old and a bag of shite

However DJ can't hit a barn door with a very big ball, Fryatt can.

you're kidding Fryatt is absolutely useless the few games he played towards the end of last season proved he cant score when given goal scoring opportunities plus he's got no pace i know DJ has missed alot too but he has got more pace than Fryatt has so i would try DJ out in this division rather than Fryatt failing that get a new striker in to replace the only decent striker we had last year Huuuuuuuuuummmmmeeeeeeee

you're kidding Fryatt is absolutely useless the few games he played towards the end of last season proved he cant score when given goal scoring opportunities plus he's got no pace i know DJ has missed alot too but he has (1) got more pace than Fryatt has so i would try DJ out in this division rather than Fryatt failing that get a new striker in to replace the only decent striker we had last year (2) Huuuuuuuuuummmmmeeeeeeee

(1) So does Elvis, would you rather have him?

(2) Says it all really! :icon_roll

Im not a fan of Fryatt really, but when on form his is a good striker, same applies with DJ and Howard (all of whom made their names in this division). In my opinion, for what its worth, is give them a try, unless rediculas money is offered, if it works, great! saves us getting someone in who will need time to settle. If it doesnt work, then look elsewhere starting with the reserves/academy. I feel that if they all knuckle down, they will score quite a few.

Whoever plays up font needs to be given a good run of games together, for far too long, and for a number of reasons, we have not had a regular strike partnership. NP needs to decide who his leading two are and give them a good run together, forwards are all about confidence, but when you are chopping and changing all the time this will be rock bottom. Which was so evident in Fryatt and DJ.

(1) So does Elvis, would you rather have him?

(2) Says it all really! :icon_roll

Im not a fan of Fryatt really, but when on form his is a good striker, same applies with DJ and Howard (all of whom made their names in this division). In my opinion, for what its worth, is give them a try, unless rediculas money is offered, if it works, great! saves us getting someone in who will need time to settle. If it doesnt work, then look elsewhere starting with the reserves/academy. I feel that if they all knuckle down, they will score quite a few.

Im not suggesting for a second we should have offered him a new contract, but Elvis would be a decent player at this level.

I have no evidence to suggest to me that any of our strikers will be better at putting away chances at this level than any other. The goals are still the same size. I think they might get more chances but that could just confirm their incompetence.

I have no evidence to suggest to me that any of our strikers will be better at putting away chances at this level than any other. The goals are still the same size. I think they might get more chances but that could just confirm their incompetence.

Agree with you on this one.

Don't get me wrong, I want them to do well. It'd be good to see us score a few goals. It's been a long time since we've had a goal scorer. I'm not bothered who it is, Fatboy, a lumbering buffoon, fast as feck but can't kick straight, not bothered as long as we have someone that sticks it in the back of the net.

In an ideal world I'd get rid of all the current strikers. They were largely responsible for our relegation and there wouldn't be any real loss in any or all of them leaving.

In the real world, it isn't quite so simple and I wouldn't be surprised if any of them scored a few goals at the new level. The exception being Hammond who has never played well nor scored goals at any stage of his virtually non-existent career. Pace without any ability is no great asset.

Don't get me wrong, I want them to do well. It'd be good to see us score a few goals. It's been a long time since we've had a goal scorer. I'm not bothered who it is, Fatboy, a lumbering buffoon, fast as feck but can't kick straight, not bothered as long as we have someone that sticks it in the back of the net.

But we've just sold 'shoots at every opportunity regardless of whether it is the right thing to do or not' so maybe our chances of lots of goals have gone down.

Real Comic Sans, aren't you?

One of the problems I had with Howard was the fact that it took him so long to get into the opposition area. This was particularly apparent when that Etuhu fella played. The pacey winger would skip down the line, whip in a cross, and Howard would be just about trotting across the halfway line. The likes of Gradel and Dyer will create these scenarios constantly.

Now, if Howard is going to get properly fit and be up for it, maybe he'll make an effort to move about a bit this season. Ditto Fryatt whose mobility last season was also way below the standard required. I've seen with my own eyes that Fryatt and Howard are capable of much more than the impression they left us with at the end of last season. It will be a measure of them as professionals, and also the coaching staff, whether they can reassert themselves as decent players.

Campbell has the mobility when fit. Unfortunately, he is a sicknote player who will be out injured regularly, as he has been throughout his professional career. He also appears to be a player who spurts out a little form now and again. This is simply not good enough for a regular starter. Hayles is alright but is taking a place a younger forward should have.

I think we've still got way too many forwards for this level. Howard, Hayles, Fryatt, Campbell, Chambers, Odihambo, Sappleton, Kee. I'd keep only two of the senior four because I'd like to think that Chambers is ready for League One at least, and he has pace. Sappleton and Odihambo would be okay cover forwards too. Kee should also get a glimmer of the first team this season.

If there is a serious offer for Campbell, sell. He's on good wages and simply hasn't demonstrated reliability at any stage. Hayles should be offered on a free. We then work with Howard and Fryatt supported by the kids. If the senior ones continue to be shite, we'll have to turn to the loan market for support.

Have to also mention that I'm absolutely delighted that Hume isn't part of this equation at all. We've got a far better chance of sorting out a decent forward pairing without his presence in the squad. A non forward, non winger, non midfielder, just messes with balance and organisation. Barnsley are welcome to him. Just as players like Fenton and Gunnlaugsson in the past just didn't fit into the team despite flashes of quality, Hume is someone who will never quite find a future.

Have to also mention that I'm absolutely delighted that Hume isn't part of this equation at all. We've got a far better chance of sorting out a decent forward pairing without his presence in the squad. A non forward, non winger, non midfielder, just messes with balance and organisation. Barnsley are welcome to him. Just as players like Fenton and Gunnlaugsson in the past just didn't fit into the team despite flashes of quality, Hume is someone who will never quite find a future.
Pretty much agree with all of that BN, with the exception of this bit.

But not for the BM "Huuuume" reason you might think. I reckon the general shift towards 4-3-3 / 4-5-1 formations at the higher end of football will filter down soon enough, giving not-quite-strikers like Hume far more options. Meanwhile, out-and-out wingers could become surplus to requirements - just after we finally get one!

One of the problems I had with Howard was the fact that it took him so long to get into the opposition area. This was particularly apparent when that Etuhu fella played. The pacey winger would skip down the line, whip in a cross, and Howard would be just about trotting across the halfway line. The likes of Gradel and Dyer will create these scenarios constantly.

Now, if Howard is going to get properly fit and be up for it, maybe he'll make an effort to move about a bit this season. Ditto Fryatt whose mobility last season was also way below the standard required. I've seen with my own eyes that Fryatt and Howard are capable of much more than the impression they left us with at the end of last season. It will be a measure of them as professionals, and also the coaching staff, whether they can reassert themselves as decent players.

Campbell has the mobility when fit. Unfortunately, he is a sicknote player who will be out injured regularly, as he has been throughout his professional career. He also appears to be a player who spurts out a little form now and again. This is simply not good enough for a regular starter. Hayles is alright but is taking a place a younger forward should have.

I think we've still got way too many forwards for this level. Howard, Hayles, Fryatt, Campbell, Chambers, Odihambo, Sappleton, Kee. I'd keep only two of the senior four because I'd like to think that Chambers is ready for League One at least, and he has pace. Sappleton and Odihambo would be okay cover forwards too. Kee should also get a glimmer of the first team this season.

If there is a serious offer for Campbell, sell. He's on good wages and simply hasn't demonstrated reliability at any stage. Hayles should be offered on a free. We then work with Howard and Fryatt supported by the kids. If the senior ones continue to be shite, we'll have to turn to the loan market for support.

:038: Cracking Post BN.

I'm not sure Kee will be in this seasons plans as i'm sure Chambers, Odhiambo and Sappleton are all ahead of him in the pecking order at the moment given the stage they are at in their development, not to mention 2 other young strikers you haven't mentioned...Dodds if he stays (today may be his first opportunity to impess the new mangement team and his last opportunity at the club) and Billy Mckay who is older than all of the lads mentioned above except Dodds.

:038: Cracking Post BN.

I'm not sure Kee will be in this seasons plans as i'm sure Chambers, Odhiambo and Sappleton are all ahead of him in the pecking order at the moment given the stage they are at in their development, not to mention 2 other young strikers you haven't mentioned...Dodds if he stays (today may be his first opportunity to impess the new mangement team and his last opportunity at the club) and Billy Mckay who is older than all of the lads mentioned above except Dodds.

Forget Dodds, saw enough of him last season..............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566