Stoke City - Championship - Saturday 31st March 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nottingham Fox

Kick Off 3pm - Yes we're playing at Stokes ground on a Saturday afternoon. :038:

Tickets

We have been allocated 500 tickets for this match priced at £19 Adults, £12 Seniors(60+), £12 Under 17's and £9 Under 11's

Do not be alarmed by this allocation. Stoke often send a short amount for advance purchase, but nearly all their games are pay on the day. The away end holds just under 5,000!

Tickets will go on sale as follows;

Monday 19th March - Season Ticket Holders Priority 1

Tuesday 20th March - Season Ticket Holders Priority 2

Wednesday 21st March - Season Ticket Holders Priority 3

Thursday 22nd March - Members

Friday 23rd March - General Sale

Fox Travel

Fox Travel coaches will depart from the Walkers Stadium at 12.30pm and are priced as follows;

Adult (Season Ticket Holder) £12.50

Concession (Season Ticket Holder) £10.50

Adult (Non Season Ticket Holder) £13.50

Concession (Non Season Ticket Holder) £11.50

Directions & Parking

One of the easiest grounds to get to IMO.

M1 North > Exit at J24a > A50

The ground is on the left hand side with the Junction of A50/A500.

Approx 60 miles, Just over an hour to drive.

Parking around the ground is plentyful, and you shouldn't have too many problems.

Trains

Do not buy a Leicester to Stoke return ticket as this will cost £24.50. You will be best to buy a cheap day return Leicester to Derby (£7.60) and a cheap day return Derby to Stoke (£6.60) Total £14.20. This takes the same route as the ticket thats costs £24.50 :icon_roll

You can also group save on this Journey. 4 or 3 could travel for the price of 2. Just follow the CDR prices as above, then times by 2 and divide by either 3 or 4. Works out to £7.10 (return) each for 4 or £9.47 each (return) for 3.

The station is approx 3 miles from Stokes ground. There is a shuttle bus which operates on match days £3 Adults, £2 Children and £1.50 O.A.P (these prices are for return tickets).

Pubs

You will be best to drink in the centre of Stoke, as there is nothing close to the ground. There is a Harvester pub which is on part of the Holiday Inn complex next to the ground, but you are not guaranteed to get in, especially if you have your colours on.

Last edited:
I was once told that was going to get my legs broke by one of thir nasty feckers. I went to see Bristol City v Stoke City, courtesy of Tony Thorpe. Lets just say the meetings between them pair are tasty.

wots rong wiv it? i was thinkin about goin.....

Nothing !

Stoke have always been 'passionate' about their team, and have been known to cause a bit of trouble.

However, i've been to a few Stoke away games and never witnessed any trouble.

For some unknown reason, we struggle to take a big crowd to this ground, even though it's just over an hour away. (I guess that has something to do with we've only ever played midweek before at The Britannia)

However, i've been to a few Stoke away games and never witnessed any trouble.

You've been lucky then!

Stoke is one of the few places I've seen fighting outside the ground in recent years. It was Stoke fans fighting with the police who were trying to stop them getting to Leicester fans.
They apparently enjoy throwing things at the away coaches too.

when i went to stoke they were seated above us in the stand and they kept throwing things at us and spitting down on us then on the way out of stoke we went to a petrol station and these stoke fans kicked a wing mirror off and kicked the doors in on a car that belonged to a city fan..they thought it was amusing :icon_roll

when i went to stoke they were seated above us in the stand and they kept throwing things at us and spitting down on us then on the way out of stoke we went to a petrol station and these stoke fans kicked a wing mirror off and kicked the doors in on a car that belonged to a city fan..they thought it was amusing :icon_roll

Must have been at the old ground :102: Because at the new ground, you have the whole end to yourself.

The Britannia's been up for about ten years

Get with it grandma......

much the same as Milwall they have had a new ground for a few years but this has not changed how the fans behave

much the same as Milwall they have had a new ground for a few years but this has not changed how the fans behave

millwalls fans have changed severely over the last few years.

millwalls fans have changed severely over the last few years.

can't argue with that. we usually get the train from london bridge and there's no bother, then once you are there you're put in a cage to be taken away from them....safe as houses really (not bermondsey ones of course)

There are a few decent pubs in Stoke, if you look hard enough -

The Roebuck (right as you come out of the station) is a cheap and cheerful student pub (need a Yellow Card to get discount beer);

The Fawn - next to The Roebuck;

The Terrace - up Leek Road past the above two.

The Old Corner Cupboard - a personal favourite of mine, as it's the closest to where I live and the drunks are funny.

I literally had nothing better to do so I have produced a map :icon_cool -

£7.15 for a juvenile return ticket from Tamworth :icon_wink

There's no such thing as a juvenile ticket on the train. And if there was, Jessel would be too old to get one - he goes into pubs, you know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566