Stop poisoning the Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
I travelled to the game from Stockholm...well worth the long trip to see us beat Forest at the City Ground after many years of abject dissapointment there...a surreal night with the 'gift goal' and all and a late win that no one could have predicted after a generally poor second half performance...a real pity the twats chanting for Martin Allen put a negative twist on what was a glorious victory for all true City fans...there was more than a small minority but I agree with Bocadillo (who I caught up with after the game briefly) that they got a fair amount of verbal abuse themselves...and it needs to continue! I am no Megson fan myself and still need convincing about the blokes tactics, motivational abilities and general all round demeanour but he is in post and we need to support the man...end of story....

although the mindless twats were too young to have been the same morons who were shouting "**** Off Martin O'Neill" after the defeat at home to Sheff Utd in his formative days with the club the damage to morale, team motivation and fracturing of our support are equally negative and destructive...if any of us hear such shite in the future tell the cnuts responsible to shut the f**k up....and take their 'support' with them to Allens next club...they are no good for our club...we are bigger than any manager, player or chairman...but only if we unite and back the team when they are on the pitch...end of sermon...

I travelled to the game from Stockholm...well worth the long trip to see us beat Forest at the City Ground after many years of abject dissapointment there...a surreal night with the 'gift goal' and all and a late win that no one could have predicted after a generally poor second half performance...a real pity the twats chanting for Martin Allen put a negative twist on what was a glorious victory for all true City fans...there was more than a small minority but I agree with Bocadillo (who I caught up with after the game briefly) that they got a fair amount of verbal abuse themselves...and it needs to continue! I am no Megson fan myself and still need convincing about the blokes tactics, motivational abilities and general all round demeanour but he is in post and we need to support the man...end of story....

although the mindless twats were too young to have been the same morons who were shouting "**** Off Martin O'Neill" after the defeat at home to Sheff Utd in his formative days with the club the damage to morale, team motivation and fracturing of our support are equally negative and destructive...if any of us hear such shite in the future tell the cnuts responsible to shut the f**k up....and take their 'support' with them to Allens next club...they are no good for our club...we are bigger than any manager, player or chairman...but only if we unite and back the team when they are on the pitch...end of sermon...

Amen and superb effort mate, well done.

Charlton on sat? ;)

I agree with all of the pro-MM comments.

As fans we all have a right to express our delight or displeasure at team selection, substitutions, who the manager is etc etc.

True fans will always want the team and club to be successful no matter what is going on financially.

Last night the true fans should have been cheering to the rafters to get us a win.

Whatever baggage Megson brings with him, he wants to win. It is not his fault MA2 got sacked, so why undermine him with MA2 chants?

In the same way that true fans have never booed, Stewart, de Vries or Akinibyi because it simply is counter productive to their performance.

If the knobheads want to tell MM he made a mistake sacking MA2, even though they do not know the reasons, the time to do it is AFTER the full time whistle. Give the players and manager a chance to win the game first, then even if we win they can still say MM out or whatever and they will just look like twats to the majority.

Last edited:
If the knobheads want to tell MM he made a mistake sacking MA2, even though they do not know the reasons, the time to do it is AFTER the full time whistle. Give the players and manager a chance to win the game first, then even if we win they can still say MM out or whatever and they will just look like twats to the majority.

Yes - it's important that supporters don't get into the mentality of starting to want us to lose - just to prove a point.

I'm not at all happy about the Megson appointment but I'm fed up with depressing results and being stuck in the lower reaches. I would rather be wrong about Megson than face another long futile season.

The best way we can help to move things forward - inspite of our reservations - is to try to lift the team.

I see MM claims it was his idea for the gesture.Mr Bason from the trust claimed it was the independant supporters association who contacted the club.

A letter was sent from the ISA to MM on Thurs 30th Aug making the suggestion.

Whether MM had already decided to concede the one goal at kick off before receiving the letter or took up the ISA's members suggestion we can't confirm, either way our club has finally been viewed in a positive way by the football world...

.... and we still made the next round

we've got a friend travelling over from Finland for the Stoke and Wolves games.

I think he's nuts......:icon_roll

if i was travelling from finland i'd pick nicer locations than stoke and wolverhampton....s****horpe perhaps.

MA can feck off, history as far as i am concerned. ginger bollocks can **** off right now too, but one day i may warm to his ginger charms

They way I saw it was not that people were actually chanting they wanted Allen back, but to say to Milan 'look what you had and look at us now' which I think they were right to do. Milan has been very shielded from any forms of criticism on these boards and because of the timing of MA's sacking he wasn't really held to account by the fans. This was him being held to account - and he doesn't like it, but when you make those decisions you have to accept the flack that comes with them. I thought he would have been big enough to let this.

And its not good enough for him to just keep saying Trust me, because he has to earn it first - and comments like these do exactly the opposite in my opinion. He's made one duff appointment already (MA2) and as he goes through more and more managers we will look like a worse and worse prospect to manage, hence appointing Megson.

I am more than aware that I'm in the minority on this board with my view on Milan.

They way I saw it was not that people were actually chanting they wanted Allen back, but to say to Milan 'look what you had and look at us now' which I think they were right to do. Milan has been very shielded from any forms of criticism on these boards and because of the timing of MA's sacking he wasn't really held to account by the fans. This was him being held to account - and he doesn't like it, but when you make those decisions you have to accept the flack that comes with them. I thought he would have been big enough to let this.

And its not good enough for him to just keep saying Trust me, because he has to earn it first - and comments like these do exactly the opposite in my opinion. He's made one duff appointment already (MA2) and as he goes through more and more managers we will look like a worse and worse prospect to manage, hence appointing Megson.

I am more than aware that I'm in the minority on this board with my view on Milan.

you are not in the minority at all. i feel that the sacking may have been harsh, but as i don't know the facts i'll also say that he may have deserved worse. personally i take the opinion that MA2 is history and a line should be drawn and we should look to the future.....this is from someone who's guinness is always half empty for fox sake

They way I saw it was not that people were actually chanting they wanted Allen back, but to say to Milan 'look what you had and look at us now' which I think they were right to do...

As in look at the way we played against f0r£$t last time & look at us now???

I don't think that's a very strong argument there Fox Fan.

They way I saw it was not that people were actually chanting they wanted Allen back, but to say to Milan 'look what you had and look at us now'

The fecking brain dead idiots I saw and heard chanting this last night, would not have the intelligence to work that one out. More a case of "well if he is chanting it so will I". Fcuking tossers the lot of them

The fecking brain dead idiots I saw and heard chanting this last night, would not have the intelligence to work that one out. More a case of "well if he is chanting it so will I". Fcuking tossers the lot of them

in the original tie my dad squared up to a pair of arses who were singing about how great it was that clarke had collapsed as we wouldn't lose. fair play to my dad for losing his temper in that one i think

One question here. Given that this is a site where people can give their opinions why is it that we must always have to put up with comments such as being called "fecking brain dead idiots" just because it is contrary to someones views. Using the same line of thought someone that blindly follows MM's mantra of "trust me" could be called the same. I think that what was being said on Tuesday night was that he may control our club but if he does something that we think is wrong (bearing in mind we don't exactly know the truth of the matter) we will let him know. This has obviously upset him but that's life and I'm sure he'll get over it. If he can't he is in the wrong business. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. !!

We will know at the end of the season whether Milan and Megson have done a good job. Until then, we should unite in support of the team.

The point is though Travelling, is that we have to go along with MM....He deserves the benefit of doubt at least after the money he has started pouring in surely?

They way I saw it was not that people were actually chanting they wanted Allen back, but to say to Milan 'look what you had and look at us now' which I think they were right to do.

He's made one duff appointment already (MA2) .

What you wrote above is nonsense! How can you say fans were right to tell MM to compare what we had under Martin Allen with what we have now when you reckon what we had the was a 'duff appointment' ? Barmy!

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. !!

But it's our glasshouse. So it affects us too.

If it was aimed at Milan then at least have the knuts to aim it at him. If it was whining for a manager past, then save it for elsewhere. I can lament with the best of them, but on the terrace for those 90, it's City, City, City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669