Stop poisoning the Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex I agree. I honestly believe that he has the best interests of the club at heart. But for him to make a comment that these fans are poisening the club for chanting about MA for what was probably 30 seconds during the match I find incredible. Most chairmen have, and always will experience this sort of thing at matches but he choses to comment on it by saying that those fans are poisening the club. It's a bit harsh don't you think. By the way these are the same fans who paid to go to see us play. I just think that it gives an insight into what it must be like to work for the man at any level. say one thing wrong and your gone !

Alex I agree. I honestly believe that he has the best interests of the club at heart. But for him to make a comment that these fans are poisening the club for chanting about MA for what was probably 30 seconds during the match I find incredible. Most chairmen have, and always will experience this sort of thing at matches but he choses to comment on it by saying that those fans are poisening the club. It's a bit harsh don't you think. By the way these are the same fans who paid to go to see us play. I just think that it gives an insight into what it must be like to work for the man at any level. say one thing wrong and your gone !

they probably paid to see us for this one game though? no regular or real fan can believe that one loud mouthed arse of a manage is worth disrupting our team anymore than it already is surely?

Fitz. I am probably not explaining myself well. What I find hard to understand is why he took the time and effort to comment about it. Most chairman would put it down to experience! But not MM, in effect what he is saying is that he is the leader, he will make the decisions and we are to follow blindly in his wake no matter what those decisions are. and we are not to voice any adverse opinions. Again it gives an insight as to how difficult he must be to work with. I don't envy GM he will need to walk a very narrow course. I also agree that without him we are screwed but he will not control my opinions if I think that he is wrong I will say so and then it is finished with

I travelled to the game from Stockholm...well worth the long trip to see us beat Forest at the City Ground after many years of abject dissapointment there...a surreal night with the 'gift goal' and all and a late win that no one could have predicted after a generally poor second half performance...a real pity the twats chanting for Martin Allen put a negative twist on what was a glorious victory for all true City fans...there was more than a small minority but I agree with Bocadillo (who I caught up with after the game briefly) that they got a fair amount of verbal abuse themselves...and it needs to continue! I am no Megson fan myself and still need convincing about the blokes tactics, motivational abilities and general all round demeanour but he is in post and we need to support the man...end of story....

although the mindless twats were too young to have been the same morons who were shouting "**** Off Martin O'Neill" after the defeat at home to Sheff Utd in his formative days with the club the damage to morale, team motivation and fracturing of our support are equally negative and destructive...if any of us hear such shite in the future tell the cnuts responsible to shut the f**k up....and take their 'support' with them to Allens next club...they are no good for our club...we are bigger than any manager, player or chairman...but only if we unite and back the team when they are on the pitch...end of sermon...

My memory must be going completely!

One question here. Given that this is a site where people can give their opinions why is it that we must always have to put up with comments such as being called "fecking brain dead idiots" just because it is contrary to someones views. Using the same line of thought someone that blindly follows MM's mantra of "trust me" could be called the same. I think that what was being said on Tuesday night was that he may control our club but if he does something that we think is wrong (bearing in mind we don't exactly know the truth of the matter) we will let him know. This has obviously upset him but that's life and I'm sure he'll get over it. If he can't he is in the wrong business. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. !!

Just ignore them - like everybody else does. You should feel free to post whatever opinion is yours.

Last edited:
I just think that it gives an insight into what it must be like to work for the man at any level. say one thing wrong and your gone !

Good point. But maybe he has a different, possibly harder, point of reference when it comes to commerce and football? We may need to understand that more before we judge him further.

I shouted much abuse towards Shipman ('Shipman's Wife, Shipman's wife, shipman's wife...' usually whenever an old programme lady walked in front of the kop. :icon_redf) but I can't remember him ever making such a public statements of admonishment towards the fans. Still, time proved him to be a cnut.

However, I was at Man City in '96 when we lost 5 nil in the FAC3, kept my mouth tightly shut (long story, but was stood on the kippax) thinking we're fcuked under this O'Neill fella. Time proved him to be immortal.

I'm not saying MM is a saviour, or MA2 (in his 4 games!) wouldn't have turned us around... but one thing is certain, we are where we are, and we're Blue... The rest is jsut noise.

My memory must be going completely!

Ah!! I lie - I'm remembering now. But you are somebody I already know. I was trying to think of having met an actual Swedish bloke last night.

Please excuse my foolishness.

However, I was at Man City in '96 when we lost 5 nil in the FAC3, kept my mouth tightly shut (long story, but was stood on the kippax) thinking we're fcuked under this O'Neill fella. Time proved him to be immortal.

I was at that game too, I had just moved up north and had the p$ss ripped out of me by my new found Scum bag northern mates as Man City were in a bad shape. Didn't we score one though? or was that a different game? I seem to remember a long ranger in injury time.

My memory falters

You may be right. Did Oldfield bang in a rare (on target) volley?... against man city?

Last edited:
Ah!! I lie - I'm remembering now. But you are somebody I already know. I was trying to think of having met an actual Swedish bloke last night.

Please excuse my foolishness.

no worries...it was never a night for detail...no swedish bloke would be mad enough to travel out to the UK for a FLC early round tie anyway...even against Forest! see you next time I'm across no doubt.....;)

I was at that game too, I had just moved up north and had the p$ss ripped out of me by my new found Scum bag northern mates as Man City were in a bad shape. Didn't we score one though? or was that a different game? I seem to remember a long ranger in injury time.

My memory falters

You may be right. Did Oldfield bang in a rare (on target) volley?

We lost 5-0. The Oldfield goal was two seasons earlier; he left City in 1995.

You mean he's no longer with us!?? Fcuk my age...MARJORIE!!!

I meant that he was no longer with us by the time that we played the game against Manchester City that billyjof was thinking about.

Whew... Although I was beinging daft suggesting he was still with us though!

Was that the scorching volley against man city? Or did I dream that? Next you'll be saying I imagined Colin Hill as a lazy-scruffy-good-for-nothing?!!:)

I've just read MM's article. I haven't read the whole thread (I'm in a hotel room at the moment) but the first page suggests that most people support his stance. Well, I'm NOT impressed at all.

Where does this Johnny-come-lately Serb-American Pompey fan get the idea he can lecture travelling LCFC fans, who were probably fans long before he knew we even existed, about loyalty, and say they are not "true fans"? The nerve of the man is astonishing!!!

Chanting "one Martin Allen" was stupid, but as far as I'm aware, voicing your opinion on the running of the club is not a crime. Mandaric has gone way down in my estimation. In fact, he's proving to be a grade A tosser in my opinion. I'm not convinced he knows what the feck he is doing (four managers in 7 months, signing his own (shit) players, the Mackay debacle, and now Megson is our saviour) and now he's slagging off fans who dare to disagree with him.

I hope we do go up soon so he can sell up, make the big fat profit that it HIS main intention, and then feck off. The man is a liability.

Grrrrrrr!

OK, now I've got that off my chest..... I will still support him and what he's trying to do, but I think a continued large dose of scepticism about Mandaric and his plans would be healthy for ALL City fans at this time.

Last edited:
I've just read MM's article. I haven't read the whole thread (I'm in a hotel room at the moment) but the first page suggests that most people support his stance. Well, I'm NOT impressed at all.

Where does this Johnny-come-lately Serb-American Pompey fan get the idea he can lecture travelling LCFC fans, who were probably fans long before he knew we even existed, about loyalty, and say they are not "true fans"? The nerve of the man is astonishing!!!

Chanting "one Martin Allen" was stupid, but as far as I'm aware, voicing your opinion on the running of the club is not a crime. Mandaric has gone way down in my estimation. In fact, he's proving to be a grade A tosser in my opinion. I'm not convinced he knows what the feck he is doing (four managers in 7 months, signing his own (shit) players, the Mackay debacle, and now Megson is our saviour) and now he's slagging off fans who dare to disagree with him.

I hope we do go up soon so he can sell up, make the big fat profit that it HIS main intention, and then feck off. The man is a liability.

Grrrrrrr!

I am not sure what people were expecting with Milan - it was bound to be a rocky journey and there is no guarantee we will become established in the Premiership.

I think a lot of people have their misgivings about what has gone on and how he may conduct himself in the future. What people are saying is:

1) There was little hope of success for the club without Milan and his investment
2) There is no point being negative to Milan and the new manager when we are trying to beat one of our local rivals in a cup game - we need to get behind the team at a game

Last edited by a moderator:
One question here. Given that this is a site where people can give their opinions why is it that we must always have to put up with comments such as being called "fecking brain dead idiots" just because it is contrary to someones views. Using the same line of thought someone that blindly follows MM's mantra of "trust me" could be called the same. I think that what was being said on Tuesday night was that he may control our club but if he does something that we think is wrong (bearing in mind we don't exactly know the truth of the matter) we will let him know. This has obviously upset him but that's life and I'm sure he'll get over it. If he can't he is in the wrong business. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. !!

There is a time and place for everything, and that was not the time! The players obviously heard it and that could have had effect on the game. People moan about MM getting rid of managers at a fast rate, but FFS this was GM first game in charge and he had not even completed that!
"The brain dead idiots" have less patience than MM......

There is a time and place for everything, and that was not the time! The players obviously heard it and that could have had effect on the game. People moan about MM getting rid of managers at a fast rate, but FFS this was GM first game in charge and he had not even completed that!

Perhaps it did affect the players. Perhaps it did have an effect on the game. Perhaps the players thought "We can do without MA2 and his bullying" and set about showing the fans just that.

Getting under the skin of players can work both ways.

Hear Hear, MA has gone whether fans agree or disagree he is history, Megson is now the manager and whether we agree or disagree with this appointment surely the important thing is that LCFC become successful on and off the pitch.

So whilst the appointment of Megson hardly set many pulses racing, I do hope that both he and Milan have the last laugh and ram our doubts back down our throats because I would happily be proved wrong if it means success for our club. I support LCFC and therefore I will support who ever is in charge, all that matters to me is that we win football matches not whether I like the manager or not.

Fans who are wishing Megson to fail so they can be proved right are not genuine supporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669