Stop poisoning the Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
One question here. Given that this is a site where people can give their opinions why is it that we must always have to put up with comments such as being called "fecking brain dead idiots" just because it is contrary to someones views. Using the same line of thought someone that blindly follows MM's mantra of "trust me" could be called the same. I think that what was being said on Tuesday night was that he may control our club but if he does something that we think is wrong (bearing in mind we don't exactly know the truth of the matter) we will let him know. This has obviously upset him but that's life and I'm sure he'll get over it. If he can't he is in the wrong business. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. !!

A question I ask myself. :icon_conf :icon_conf

Hear Hear, MA has gone whether fans agree or disagree he is history, Megson is now the manager and whether we agree or disagree with this appointment surely the important thing is that LCFC become successful on and off the pitch.

So whilst the appointment of Megson hardly set many pulses racing, I do hope that both he and Milan have the last laugh and ram our doubts back down our throats because I would happily be proved wrong if it means success for our club. I support LCFC and therefore I will support who ever is in charge, all that matters to me is that we win football matches not whether I like the manager or not.

Fans who are wishing Megson to fail so they can be proved right are not genuine supporters.

i dont like the him but you have to back him its our team/club and they get 100% from me even Megson .

:038::038::038::038:

Perhaps it did affect the players. Perhaps it did have an effect on the game. Perhaps the players thought "We can do without MA2 and his bullying" and set about showing the fans just that.

Getting under the skin of players can work both ways.

Spot on, boc.

My point earlier in the thread about the infamous Sheff Utd game comes to mind. I honestly believe that without that abuse and it's impact on MON and the players that day, we wouldn't have become the team/club we did. MON would never agree in a month of Sundays, but the difference between the performance that day and every day after it, was incredible. I was one of the thousands of genuine supporters chanting "Feck Off O'Neill" that day and I truely believe that we did the club, and MON, a great service by doing it.

Both positive and negative chanting is part of the game thankfully. Both can be counter-productive. Calling for MA on Tuesday night wouldn't have been my idea of the right thing to do, but maybe it focused a few minds!

MM can feck right off with telling me, or any other supporter, what we can and cannot say within the law.

Spot on, boc.

My point earlier in the thread about the infamous Sheff Utd game comes to mind. I honestly believe that without that abuse and it's impact on MON and the players that day, we wouldn't have become the team/club we did. MON would never agree in a month of Sundays, but the difference between the performance that day and every day after it, was incredible. I was one of the thousands of genuine supporters chanting "Feck Off O'Neill" that day and I truely believe that we did the club, and MON, a great service by doing it.

Both positive and negative chanting is part of the game thankfully. Both can be counter-productive. Calling for MA on Tuesday night wouldn't have been my idea of the right thing to do, but maybe it focused a few minds!

MM can feck right off with telling me, or any other supporter, what we can and cannot say within the law.

sorry that is utter bollux, whats to say the team would not have played like that anyway. Look at the difference between the Blackpool and Watford matches. A win breeds confidence usually.
A demonstration like that would have put untold pressure on the team, so tell me why didn't Jordan Stewart play like Pele after the Stoke game the other season? The stick he was given was just unforgivable.
So just because MON went on a good end of season run and got into the play offs via the skin of his teeth..... don't try and claim the success for yourself for the club getting promoted. FFS thats just unbelievable!!!

Perhaps it did affect the players. Perhaps it did have an effect on the game. Perhaps the players thought "We can do without MA2 and his bullying" and set about showing the fans just that.

Getting under the skin of players can work both ways.

maybe Boc, but it can work both ways and its a very silly way to find out which way it would go. A local derby and a cup tie with a nice pay day in the next round

maybe Boc, but it can work both ways and its a very silly way to find out which way it would go. A local derby and a cup tie with a nice pay day in the next round
an excelent point.
if a group of people want to get there point of view over to mm, why not get together and have a peaceful demonstration before or after the game ( i wouldnt have a problem with that ).its legal to do in this country if organised properly,and would get you more recognition than a disjointed rant during a game that we needed to win.

I agree with Desert Fox 100%
MM is a bully and is treating Foxes fans with total disrespect. I was against Megson but will support him and the team.
Im really fed up with Mms posturing in the press but we do have no choice. Its quite interesting that some subscribers to this forum cannot see the difference between positive criticism and abuse.
Same old same old

I agree with Desert Fox 100%
MM is a bully and is treating Foxes fans with total disrespect. I was against Megson but will support him and the team.
Im really fed up with Mms posturing in the press but we do have no choice. Its quite interesting that some subscribers to this forum cannot see the difference between positive criticism and abuse.
Same old same old

Are you abusing me?:102:

an excelent point.
if a group of people want to get there point of view over to mm, why not get together and have a peaceful demonstration before or after the game ( i wouldnt have a problem with that ).its legal to do in this country if organised properly,and would get you more recognition than a disjointed rant during a game that we needed to win.

But it must not, repeat NOT, turn into an all night rave

Fair point Biff (allthough I'm not sure the Notts police would have been too happy or MM would have bothered to notice) if you consider that this was the 3 rd game since MA departure and it was 30 sec rant I think he has got off lightly. Anyway I agree with your sentiments and I am totally behind GM and the team. I've just got to find the cash for the Villa game now.....

Fair point Biff (allthough I'm not sure the Notts police would have been too happy or MM would have bothered to notice) if you consider that this was the 3 rd game since MA departure and it was 30 sec rant I think he has got off lightly. Anyway I agree with your sentiments and I am totally behind GM and the team. I've just got to find the cash for the Villa game now.....

i meant before or after a home game, sorry.

its obvious some people have got an issue with mm.the only way you will get it off your chest is to confront the man, legally, and put your point over by way of a spokesman.this way he will have to reply, by means of a statement.im sure he would prefer this approach, rather than embarrasing him and the club, imo,with chants at a football game.(especially at f$%^&t)
also,we on here can get back to 'normal', and not have to constantly debate the ma and mm issue :102:

my last all night rave was during the northern soul era.

i know, i know, im a f ing dinasoar :icon_wink

Mine was in the mid-80's. :icon_conf :icon_conf

sorry that is utter bollux, whats to say the team would not have played like that anyway. Look at the difference between the Blackpool and Watford matches. A win breeds confidence usually.
A demonstration like that would have put untold pressure on the team, so tell me why didn't Jordan Stewart play like Pele after the Stoke game the other season? The stick he was given was just unforgivable.
So just because MON went on a good end of season run and got into the play offs via the skin of his teeth..... don't try and claim the success for yourself for the club getting promoted. FFS thats just unbelievable!!!

I'm certainly not claiming anything for myself. I'm simply saying that a crowd voicing their opinion has an effect. Your example of Stewart is a case in point. All I'm saying is that positive AND negative impacts are possible from positive AND negative singing/chanting.

It's also very simplistic to say that abusing a player is necessarily a bad thing. Many players have been abused and improved. Both Kisnorbo and De Vries being examples. I would add that it had a similar effect on MON. Would they have improved without criticism? Who can say. But just about every manager will openly criticise players in the comfort of the changing room or training pitch. This is intended to improve them, not destroy them. Criticism works for some and not others. Supporters criticism of players/managers/chairman has improved some and finished off others.

Another more complex part of abusing a player/manager is the effect it has on other players/staff. Attacking one player could improve another player. Of course, it could negatively effect another player too.

In my view, criticism suggests standards. It says that we expect a certain degree of competance. If you're not up to it, feck off. Quite right too. Removing that leads to the blind support you and MM want. Well, it's not going to happen. Not a chance in hell. And thank goodness for it.

Last edited:
i meant before or after a home game, sorry.

its obvious some people have got an issue with mm.the only way you will get it off your chest is to confront the man, legally, and put your point over by way of a spokesman.this way he will have to reply, by means of a statement.im sure he would prefer this approach, rather than embarrasing him and the club, imo,with chants at a football game.(especially at f$%^&t)
also,we on here can get back to 'normal', and not have to constantly debate the ma and mm issue :102:

Despite my views I do recognise that there is no apparent alternative to the unpredictable Mandaric. That's probably why his antics hack me off so much.

What's 'normal' debate on an internet forum devoted to LCFC anyway? The price of bread?

I'll be intrigued to see if the chanters, having noted how easy it appears to be to rile the volatile Mandaric, are discouraged or provoked by his statement. I predict there may be more chanting at Charlton, not that I'll be around to hear it as I'm still sulking :twisted:

Despite my views I do recognise that there is no apparent alternative to the unpredictable Mandaric. That's probably why his antics hack me off so much.

What's 'normal' debate on an internet forum devoted to LCFC anyway? The price of bread?

I'll be intrigued to see if the chanters, having noted how easy it appears to be to rile the volatile Mandaric, are discouraged or provoked by his statement. I predict there may be more chanting at Charlton, not that I'll be around to hear it as I'm still sulking :twisted:

If we are losing at any point in the game (which we probably will, in a very difficult game) then I'm absolutely certain that the "One Martin Allen" chants will be thick and fast

It's a stone cold certainty

If we are losing at any point in the game (which we probably will, in a very difficult game) then I'm absolutely certain that the "One Martin Allen" chants will be thick and fast

It's a stone cold certainty

I'm not so sure....I'll let you know.;)

sofa's are always a good first port of call.

But just about every manager will openly criticise players in the comfort of the changing room or training pitch. This is intended to improve them, not destroy them.
Fair point, but a good manager will keep that all in house and not blast a player in the full glare of the media, as that would well and truely fcuk a player up.

As gor PK he was abused by our fans because he seemed he was not up to it. It transpired that he was being played well out of his prefered position. In central defence and one game he was a different player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669